Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be really nice to not have to scratch this off of the "encouraging early recruiting wins by GMac" list.

Gmac might have to wait awhile...

Ah, yes...love GMAC and SU, but I think I'll wait to see if I blow up and what else develops.

I long for the days of yore when you could tell a kid sign now or we're pulling the offer and they didn't know any better. Damn Internet.

The article does say he “could” wait. Doesn’t say will. We’ll see what happens but we’re definitely the favorite. And as cusefan0307 just mentioned, there isn’t much time left to blow up.

The article does say he “could” wait. Doesn’t say will. We’ll see what happens but we’re definitely the favorite. And as cusefan0307 just mentioned, there isn’t much time left to blow up.
The article also says Providence and UConn have been in touch the most/seem to be calling him all the time. I guess these kids really do like playing for mid majors.

What would be the backdrop of college basketball if there was no nba?
Many more kids would play 4 years.
Turnover on teams would be less leaving less room for new recruits.
Some kids would drop out academically.
Would playing for a team like Kentucky be as important?
Would more kids stay home out of loyalty to local dream schools?

Would love to get this guy but it feels like more if the same if waiting to see him blowup and us left behind again

What would be the backdrop of college basketball if there was no nba?
Many more kids would play 4 years.
Turnover on teams would be less leaving less room for new recruits.
Some kids would drop out academically.
Would playing for a team like Kentucky be as important?
Would more kids stay home out of loyalty to local dream schools?

Would love to get this guy but it feels like more if the same if waiting to see him blowup and us left behind again
The kids who would drop out if no NBA would not be going to college in the first place.

Some have asked me about Akok Akok's weekend...

Unfortunately, he didn't play or even travel with the PSA Cards in Session 4 at Hampton.

Odd spring schedule for Akok Akok...
4/20-22: He played for Mass Rivals in Session 1 Adidas Gauntlet (D.C.).
4/27-29: Didn't play in Session 2 Adidas Gauntlet (ATL).
5/11-13:Then jumped to PSA Cards in the EYBL and played in Session 3 (ATL).
5/26-27: Didn't play with the Cards in Session 4 (Hampton).

Some have asked me about Akok Akok's weekend...

Unfortunately, he didn't play or even travel with the PSA Cards in Session 4 at Hampton.

Odd spring schedule for Akok Akok...
4/20-22: He played for Mass Rivals in Session 1 Adidas Gauntlet (D.C.).
4/27-29: Didn't play in Session 2 Adidas Gauntlet (ATL).
5/11-13:Then jumped to PSA Cards in the EYBL and played in Session 3 (ATL).
5/26-27: Didn't play with the Cards in Session 4 (Hampton).
Were more interested in barbeques, TV choices. Lifestyle stuff.

This kid might help us at forward, but not center at 6'8. Anyway, 2 4 and a lucky number has him leaning Cuse.

Last edited:
This kid might help us at forward, but not center at 6'8. Anyway, 2 4 and a lucky number has him leaning Cuse.

Dont think he is a center or being recruited as a possible center. Not sure that was ever even a thought or possibility unless I missed something?

Dont think he is a center or being recruited as a possible center. Not sure that was ever even a thought or possibility unless I missed something?
London esque...he’ll probably run both

And he probably could help us at forward with his length. The clips on him are limited. Was it you that were very high on Bras or SUDreaming? Someone posted that he'll be the 2nd best shot-blocker on the team right out of the gate. What's your take on Akok? Developmental guy? Upside offensively (looks like he has a jump shot with some range)?

And he probably could help us at forward with his length. The clips on him are limited. Was it you that were very high on Bras or SUDreaming? Someone posted that he'll be the 2nd best shot-blocker on the team right out of the gate. What's your take on Akok? Developmental guy? Upside offensively (looks like he has a jump shot with some range)?

Wasnt me that said that about Bras. Akok is interesting because his length and skills. From what I can tell he likes to play on the perimeter a lot and has a good 3 ball. Seems to have a pretty decent handle but needs to get better at taking it to the hoop and stronger. If he does that then he will be a tough guy to guard. Good shot blocker as well. In a way he seems similar to braswell so I'm not sure what the staff is thinking on needs and wants. I'm not even sure what position he would be for us? I'm thinking hes a stretch 4 type? I just hope that whatever happens for the 19 class that we land 1 big (cockburn or Stewart) and at least 1 of whitney/guerrier. After that give me akok and whoever else the staff wants and I'll be happy!

I dont know if anyone has mentioned or saw but Jerry Myers was the latest to predict Akok to Cuse in the crystal meth ball.

I like Akok, and will be happy if he signs here. But I sure hope he's not being recruited to be the 4 or 5 star center we need. Could he spot play center like Dolejaz in a pinch... yes. He's not a center though, and I sure hope he isn't being recruited as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom