Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

Think it's pretty normal to try and use common sense in determining if something is likely or not.

how is it common sense to think that it doesn’t make sense for a talented forward to come to SU. It has happened quite a lot from what I can recall. We only have 3 forwards on the roster right now. An incoming freshman, a nova transfer and a Cornell transfer. They have a combined 0 minutes of PT in an SU uniform. They aren’t bums, far from it but why would a highly ranked kid think he couldn’t get minutes in a group of 4 new forwards.

how is it common sense to think that it doesn’t make sense for a talented forward to come to SU. It has happened quite a lot from what I can recall. We only have 3 forwards on the roster right now. An incoming freshman, a nova transfer and a Cornell transfer. They have a combined 0 minutes of PT in an SU uniform. They aren’t bums, far from it but why would a highly ranked kid think he couldn’t get minutes in a group of 4 new forwards.
Sounds just as rational, to me.

There's been a lot of Debbie downer stuff on here lately but this isn't one of those times. Having a realistic outlook on our situation isn't being "weak" and I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here is excited that we are recruiting AK and would love to get him...but talking about where he fits and the possibility of him wanting to come vs maybe getting more playing time somewhere else isn't some controversial take. Its awesome we are trying and anytime we are trying there's a chance. Doesnt mean everyone needs to automatically think we have him in the bag. Thats the fun part about recruiting is all of the uncertainty and trying to guess what factors come into play with these kids decisions.
I don’t recall anyone saying it’s a done deal. I’m probably being a bit trigger happy because of the cesspool of negative entitlement this board has been lately. I do feel that worries over why a kid would want to come to SU a top 10 all time program, is giving in mentally to the negativity and doubt that is spread here.

Sounds just as rational, to me.
Its pretty rational to talk about both scenarios. (Wanting to come and seeing it how Jordoo mentions above vs him seeing it different and maybe not wanting to compete with the current roster.)

I don’t recall anyone saying it’s a done deal. I’m probably being a bit trigger happy because of the cesspool of negative entitlement this board has been lately. I do feel that worries over why a kid would want to come to SU a top 10 all time program, is giving in mentally to the negativity and doubt that is spread here.
I hear ya. Board has been pretty rough lately.

His 247 profile has a quick scouting report from 1/2020 that said his shooting is still in development.

I don't understand why he would be a lock here. He fills a need for another athletic wing but if Quincy didn't want to come back to compete with 3 other forwards (one being the coach's kid)... why would a top 50 kid want to do the same? We also have Kamari coming in the year after (if things go right).

I don't believe anybody here is saying he's a "lock."

What people are responding to is the tweet from the recruiting expert who SUGGESTED that Kaluma coming to Syracuse was imminent.

His 247 profile has a quick scouting report from 1/2020 that said his shooting is still in development.

I don't understand why he would be a lock here. He fills a need for another athletic wing but if Quincy didn't want to come back to compete with 3 other forwards (one being the coach's kid)... why would a top 50 kid want to do the same? We also have Kamari coming in the year after (if things go right).
Q didn’t leave over PT. JB was recruiting him to stay during the NCAA with all that All American jibberish. With that talk, you know he’s starting and playing, a lot.
The people who complain about out best player playing the most minutes are curious.

I don't believe anybody is saying he's a "lock."

What people are responding to is the tweet from the recruiting expert who SUGGESTED that Kaluma coming to Syracuse was imminent.
Yeah, I think we’re just examining the possibility. It’s fun and positive.

I don't believe anybody here is saying he's a "lock."

Who suggested anything was imminent? All I heard was Mccallister said Arthur was talking to Cuse today.

1620067720685.png

I interpreted "headed to Syracuse" to indicate that he was picking SU, not just about a recruiting visit. But this guy isn't credible [my bad for calling him an expert above] -- so who knows. Again, this is what triggered the conversation, not saying that it is factual nor that it will come to pass.

View attachment 200649

I interpreted "headed to Syracuse" to indicate that he was picking SU, not just about a recruiting visit. But this guy isn't credible [my bad for calling him an expert above] -- so who knows. Again, this is what triggered the conversation, not saying that it is factual nor that it will come to pass.

Again - the basis for this thread blowing up is, some rando nobody on Twitter with their completely unfounded speculation.

I heard a rumor that Kate Upton is headed towards dating 721Comstock.
Anything brewing?

The only comp she'd have is Mrs. 721.

IT COULD HAPPEN!!!! DARE TO DREAM!!!!! :p
I WON'T BE RULED BY DOUBT!!!!

Again - the basis for this thread blowing up is, some rando nobody on Twitter with their completely unfounded speculation.

Anything brewing?

It's a discussion board, during the offseason. Yes -- that's why some conversation about this topic has been triggered.

Nobody is saying it's a "lock" -- the possibility is just being discussed, as a function of that tweet.

Congrats about Kate Upton, btw.

Anything brewing?

I WON'T BE RULED BY DOUBT!!!!

I got that same email- now I can't get my computer to turn on.

Thinking about this, I would back off of any speculation and wait for confirmation or denial before expending any more time on this. It does not hurt to wait.

Given the current culture could a kid like this hurt us for any of our 2022 targets?

There's been a lot of Debbie downer stuff on here lately but this isn't one of those times. Having a realistic outlook on our situation isn't being "weak" and I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here is excited that we are recruiting AK and would love to get him...but talking about where he fits and the possibility of him wanting to come vs maybe getting more playing time somewhere else isn't some controversial take. Its awesome we are trying and anytime we are trying there's a chance. Doesnt mean everyone needs to automatically think we have him in the bag. Thats the fun part about recruiting is all of the uncertainty and trying to guess what factors come into play with these kids decisions.
To me this is Debbie Downer stuff.

Its a great opportunity for a guy like this to come in...get minutes his first year and depending how it goes beast out in his second. Or, even better, play so well this year that he goes pro after 1...

Maybe he realizes he has things to work on his game before he is ready for the next level and competing against the 3 forwards already on the roster in practice every day will be a great way to get there?

I see zero down side if he chooses SU and its annyoing that people seem to be so pessimistic for him coming to Orange. Kentucky and Duke get like 10 5 stars every year but SU doesnt have room for 2???

All the downers please chill out

Theres a LOT of room for a guy like this on this current roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom