Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

To me this is Debbie Downer stuff.

Its a great opportunity for a guy like this to come in...get minutes his first year and depending how it goes beast out in his second. Or, even better, play so well this year that he goes pro after 1...

Maybe he realizes he has things to work on his game before he is ready for the next level and competing against the 3 forwards already on the roster in practice every day will be a great way to get there?

I see zero down side if he chooses SU and its annyoing that people seem to be so pessimistic for him coming to Orange. Kentucky and Duke get like 10 5 stars every year but SU doesnt have room for 2???

All the downers please chill out

Theres a LOT of room for a guy like this on this current roster.
I agree with most of what you said...but this is not Debbie downer stuff lol. You make some good points and it all depends on what the kid thinks and does he see opportunity or not. Its all fun to talk about and speculate and that's what most of this is. Theres plenty of other topics around the forum that are Debbie downer. Everyone would want AK in orange (if they don't their nuts) but its ok to talk about our roster make up and trying to guess what goes through the mind of a 18 year olds decision process and how he might see himself fitting into our current team.

But many of those Congressional millionaires made their money while in government.

Contrary to the Harry Truman quote:

“Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.”​

Unfortunately Truman was correct which is all to obvious looking at those running US politics.

Plato said something along the lines of “if your best and brightest do not participate in governing then you are doomed to be governed by ignorant people”

anyways I’d be extremely pleased if this kid decides to wear orange!

To me this is Debbie Downer stuff.

Its a great opportunity for a guy like this to come in...get minutes his first year and depending how it goes beast out in his second. Or, even better, play so well this year that he goes pro after 1...

Maybe he realizes he has things to work on his game before he is ready for the next level and competing against the 3 forwards already on the roster in practice every day will be a great way to get there?

I see zero down side if he chooses SU and its annyoing that people seem to be so pessimistic for him coming to Orange. Kentucky and Duke get like 10 5 stars every year but SU doesnt have room for 2???

All the downers please chill out

Theres a LOT of room for a guy like this on this current roster.
Great post. I've read on here twice that he has to work on his offense and that he'd play behind the other forwards. I've watched the film of the kid and he has my eyes popping . He beats his man off the dribble and gets to the rim and finishes as easy as Ray Allen at Yukon. Why would he want to take 3's? Gonna bitch that we never recruit top notch talent and then bitch when we do because we won't land them. Or that he can't beat out our players? Obviously he thinks otherwise and so do I. This kid is a tremendous talent. Love the staff going after him.

Unfortunately Truman was correct which is all to obvious looking at those running US politics.

Plato said something along the lines of “if your best and brightest do not participate in governing then you are doomed to be governed by ignorant people”

anyways I’d be extremely pleased if this kid decides to wear orange!
I never thought I'd see the day when give them hell Harry made it into a recruiting thread.

I swear there was a McAllister tweet saying that our coaches are meeting with him.
speculation based on nothing.

even if McAllister had a tweet, I don't find him to be a very reliable insider

I havent seen anything as far as a tweet? Maybe it was in his insider article he tweeted about but I'm not really sure? If this all started because of the random guy with 5 followers tweet then thats pretty funny.
Maybe that’s it. It could have been part of that article. Or, I’m nuts. I was working, but I thought there was a post before the random dude.

Whomever comes, I hope he has an on-site visit before committing.

What does a drummer know about basketball recruiting?
1lym7a.jpg

how is it common sense to think that it doesn’t make sense for a talented forward to come to SU. It has happened quite a lot from what I can recall. We only have 3 forwards on the roster right now. An incoming freshman, a nova transfer and a Cornell transfer. They have a combined 0 minutes of PT in an SU uniform. They aren’t bums, far from it but why would a highly ranked kid think he couldn’t get minutes in a group of 4 new forwards.
If the kid comes hes playing. 10-15 this year. Starting next.

Jordy, I'd be happy to hear your views. But I don't see Kaluma as a roster-buster. He's a HS recruit -- way below Swider and JB on the experience/development curve.

Yes Benny's a frosh too, but he's uber-talented at both ends of the court, and (IMO) projects as the presumptive starter at PF. I don't see a conflict brewing there.

So Kaluma, if he's genuinely interested, would probably serve a Woody-type role, spot minutes, not a lot of pressure, develop his offensive game and maybe help on the boards. What's not to like?
Don’t agree

Sounds like Arizona (staying out west + relationship with coaching staff) might be in the driver's seat with this one. The immediate playing time is the big one too...Arizona just lost a player to the portal. Would be huge to pull this one off and I'm just glad we are trying.

Glendale (Ariz.) Dream City Christian forward Arthur Kaluma is one of Arizona's top priorities in the 2021 class and on Wednesday, he held steady as a four-star prospect in 247Sports' new class rankings. He is rated as the 44th best player in the country and the 10th best power forward in the nation after being rated as the 43rd best player and 11th best power forward.

Kaluma recently opened up his recruitment after being committed to UNLV and has heard from a variety of schools, including Arizona, Syracuse, and more.

"Versatile forward whose biggest value is on the defensive end due to size, length, athleticism and instincts," Kaluma's 247Sports evaluation states. "Tremendous defensive upside and what he hangs his hat on at this point. Has outstanding vision for the position; best attribute on offense at this point. Rebounds on both ends of court. Improvement of handle and jumper will have big say in hitting ceiling. Projects as high major starter whose ultimate NBA stock will be determined by how much his offense catches up to his defense.

Arizona recently lost Jordan Brown to the transfer portal and is looking to add another versatile forward in his place. There is a previous relationship with the new Arizona staff, which means the Wildcats have a legitimate chance of landing him.

The appeal of Kaluma is that he can play multiple positions up front and has the defensive ability to legitimately impact a game. Arizona has multiple spots available and Kaluma and point guard TyTy Washington are considered to be the top targets on the board.

"While he's best suited to play at the power forward, Kaluma isn't your traditional rugged and bruising low post player," 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Eric Bossi writes. "He's at his best with the ball in his hands in the high post or on the extended elbow where his ability to attack other bigs off the dribble or find teammates with crisp passes makes him a real matchup problem."

As of now, there is no timeline for Kaluma to make a decision. Coming out of high school, Kaluma had a final eight of Arizona State, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Syracuse, Texas A&M, UNLV and USC. He has consistently said he is looking for a school that will give him the ability to play immediately among other factors.

"I can do everything that you need me to be, honestly," Kaluma said previously. "I crash the glass hard, play defense hard, I can run the pick-and-roll and guard the pick-and-roll. I do everything that you need me to do."

Who is involved: Arizona and Syracuse among others.

A Top 50 forward Arthur Kaluma got released from his Letter of Intent to UNLV after T.J. Otzelberger left for Iowa State. He’s now one of the top available forwards in the class. The Glendale (Ariz.) Dream City Christian forward is a versatile 6-foot-8 four man who plays physical on both ends of the ball. His biggest attribute is his toughness on the defensive side of the ball which makes him very valuable to any team he decides to play with because of his ability to switch and rebound. He’s also an outstanding passer for a power forward. He’s not said much since getting his release, but behind the scenes Arizona and Syracuse are two names that keep coming up as heavily involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom