Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

I try not to give credence to these recruitments. There are, and always has been, too many disappointments. Yet, I am sitting on pins and needles.
It’s a part of the game beyond the season. We win some and we lose some. Within the game there are ups and downs just like a real game. Just enjoy the ride and hope we win more than we lose.

I always have appreciated any inside information we get but situations for recruits always seems to change so rapidly.

Well, if you are going to be dumb about it. If a kid intentionally defies the coach, your position is that doesn’t matter within the team concept. Got it.
What’s with this “defies the coach” stuff? Why is it always inevitable that when there’s conflict, it must be because the kid is a headcase, selfish, or incorrigible? What, Kadary shot one too many 3’s and that’s why he sat, while JG3 was throwing up 30fters willy-nilly!?
How about JB was stuck on a vision of how he wanted the kid to play, & KR wanted more? You wanna blame the one year xfr exemption as perfect timing, go ahead. But implying that the problem was sorely about a selfish player not following orders, is disingenuous.

I think that there should be a single thread that covers the KR situation/scenario where all opinions are posted and discussion on pros and cons as well as who is at fault or not can be exchanged.

That way, all the other threads won’t be cluttered with nonsensical posts that take away from each threads’ topic. Those that want to continue the KR topic can do so there and leave the other threads alone.

What’s with this “defies the coach” stuff? Why is it always inevitable that when there’s conflict, it must be because the kid is a headcase, selfish, or incorrigible? What, Kadary shot one too many 3’s and that’s why he sat, while JG3 was throwing up 30fters willy-nilly!?
How about JB was stuck on a vision of how he wanted the kid to play, & KR wanted more? You wanna blame the one year xfr exemption as perfect timing, go ahead. But implying that the problem was sorely about a selfish player not following orders, is disingenuous.

Let's call it what it is. Be it SU or the rest of the P6 teams losing 4 or more kids to Txfr, it's likely a combination of the coaching staff, the player and external influences outside the programs. It makes little sense to point a finger one direction. It's not an excuse but at the end of the day everyone is better off with hitting the reset button. Get past this mess that was 2020 and nearly half of 2021 and see what can happen from here.

I'm not sure the correct amount of blame or respect to give the pandemic in all of this but I think it deserves more than it's getting at times. Again it's not an excuse but there is a lot of treating things like this was some normal year and criticism should be no different.

It’s a part of the game beyond the season. We win some and we lose some. Within the game there are ups and downs just like a real game. Just enjoy the ride and hope we win more than we lose.
What is the trunk monkey equivalent in recruiting?

No matter who decides to come play for JB, I expect an extraordinarily entertaining season in 2021-2022. The stars are aligned, players will find their seats in this game of musical chairs, and JB will make us as proud at the end of the season as he has for most of his career. I know many of you think he's overstayed his welcome, but the end will come soon enough. This year will be fun...

No matter who decides to come play for JB, I expect an extraordinarily entertaining season in 2021-2022. The stars are aligned, players will find their seats in this game of musical chairs, and JB will make us as proud at the end of the season as he has for most of his career. I know many of you think he's overstayed his welcome, but the end will come soon enough. This year will be fun...
Agreed. Frankly, i expect us to be very good. Top 4 ACC & 5-seed in the Dance. But what do i know?! Lol

Last edited:
I think that there should be a single thread that covers the KR situation/scenario where all opinions are posted and discussion on pros and cons as well as who is at fault or not can be exchanged.

That way, all the other threads won’t be cluttered with nonsensical posts that take away from each threads’ topic. Those that want to continue the KR topic can do so there and leave the other threads alone.
All threads are Kadary threads if you wait long enough...:p

For me, I trust our insiders. But, I am very encouraged by the work the staff is putting in. And, you never know, keep working on the kid and maybe he changes his mind.

It’s like if you were a car salesman and you have a couple looking at your 1989 Dodge Daytona. But, you hear them talking about the 1992 Mercury Lynx up the street. Are you going to give up, just because they are leaning toward the Lynx? Hell no, you call them and sell your Daytona. Until, the papers are signed, you keep selling.

Time to update your car game orangefog...

Time to update your car game orangefog...
If only we had a poster on here who sold cars. Hmm... Oh wait, I have a cousin in Utica who does if you need a deal! ;)

Well, if you are going to be dumb about it. If a kid intentionally defies the coach, your position is that doesn’t matter within the team concept. Got it.
“Well documented.” You crack me up.

Pull the offer. This kid can't make up his mind. If he's not beating down our door, it's pretty apparent he's not taking us seriously. We'll just go out and grab another top 50 2021 forward who actually wants to be here.

*Hulk impersonation

2BFE09B6-C287-4C46-B9B5-5EA43A5F635A.jpeg
Let the 3 horse race begin?

It's old. Just like Dior still has CBS to Cuse
Makes you wonder just how accurate these guys are if they haven’t updated in 7 months. I don’t give much credence to them because it seems like they take credit for late-breaking trends, after it becomes obvious where the kid is going. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom