Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

second heat wave? Huh? Ya, it's summer time here but it isn't 110 yet
Totally different. I was in southern Utah and California last summer when it was over 100 just about every day. Some days were 110. It wasn't really bothersome.

This kid seems like the quiet kind that randomly commits to his school of choice without any sound or rumors

Art had 18 points and 23 points in his two games (wins) for Vegas Elite...
Screenshot_20200725-002210_Instagram.jpg

Edit: You can watch this game on the Vegas Elite Basketball Club Facebook page.

Last edited:
New piece on Art from the R word says we have catching up to do and a one point we were considered the favoriteS and close to a commitment.

If true, I wonder if that changed when Benny committed.

If true, I wonder if that changed when Benny committed.
benny was always the prime target in this class, but i think he is a stand-alone case; staff id'ed him long ago as the standout forward in his class.

if arthur's recruitment lost steam for awhile it was because the staff went all-in on micawber

imho, of course

Last edited:
I agree

Ditto.

We might be in a position where we’re looking to take one of Mac or Art.

Hopefully holding out for one, doesn’t lose us the other.

That said - while CDB and Marek graduate, we still return (barring transfer/jump to NBA):

Quincy, Jesse, JBA, Anselem.
Plus, Bras or Woody could be the 2nd F for us, since there’s not a huge difference between a 3 and a 4 for most of what we do.

And we have our #1 ‘21 target F Benny in the fold already too -
So it’s not mandatory that we land one of those guys. But it wouldn’t suck
:cool:

I don't think that our power forward situation is as bleak as that article makes it out to be. That said, I'd love to add Kaluma.
the author doesn't know what he's talking about
imho, of course
forget the rankings; our staff long ago identified benny as the top forward in the class of 21, and to the extent there is a meaningful difference between the 3 and the 4 in boeheim's scheme, he can play either. as can his likely bookend forward partner woody newton. due diligence requires recruiting other forwards as well, but once benny signed, the approach to 21 changed.
they were looking for a 4/5 to add in the 21 class, leaning heavily toward mr. micawber, but with the signing of re-classed frank anselem, that has become something of a luxury position. if micawber doesn't want to come to syracuse, best to save that ship for the talent rich 22 class

syracuse has plenty of forwards available to play with benny: woody, braswell, perhaps one of the centers. maybe griffin is still here. reports are that kadary is currently working out with the forwards rather than the guards.

imho, of course
forget the rankings; our staff long ago identified benny as the top forward in the class of 21, and to the extent there is a meaningful difference between the 3 and the 4 in boeheim's scheme, he can play either. as can his likely bookend forward partner woody newton. due diligence requires recruiting other forwards as well, but once benny signed, the approach to 21 changed.
they were looking for a 4/5 to add in the 21 class, leaning heavily toward mr. micawber, but with the signing of re-classed frank anselem, that has become something of a luxury position. if micawber doesn't want to come to syracuse, best to save that ship for the talent rich 22 class

syracuse has plenty of forwards available to play with benny: woody, braswell, perhaps one of the centers. maybe griffin is still here. reports are that kadary is currently working out with the forwards rather than the guards.
Of course he is, JB does not want to cut into Buddy's PT.

imho, of course

I don't believe that for a second about Kadary. We only have two guards. Makes no sense to not have Kadary primarily in the guard group. yes, he may also sometimes play at the 3.

Last edited:
I don't believe that for a second about Kadary. we only have two guards. Makes no sense to not have Kadary primarily in the guard group, but sometimes play him at the 3. He could get time at PG, SG, and SF.
Maybe they see Griffen in the guard spot to have a 3 man rotation of Buddy, Joe, and Griff. That does beg the question who is the backup PG. Surprised to hear that Kadary is practicing with the forwards but it looks like Griff and Kadary are swing kind of guys that Boeheim likes to have. I think things will work themselves out as they do every year.

Maybe they see Griffen in the guard spot to have a 3 man rotation of Buddy, Joe, and Griff. That does beg the question who is the backup PG. Surprised to hear that Kadary is practicing with the forwards but it looks like Griff and Kadary are swing kind of guys that Boeheim likes to have. I think things will work themselves out as they do every year.
Things haven't really "worked themselves out" in recent years. All our potential PGs last season flamed out or were injured, except Girard. Kadary will most definitely back up JG3 at PG.

I don't believe that for a second about Kadary. we only have two guards. Makes no sense to not have Kadary primarily in the guard group, but sometimes play him at the 3. He could get time at PG, SG, and SF.
relax. elijah worked with the forwards but was the de facto lead guard last year.

as an aside, i find it interesting how many are already invested in the unproven assertion that kadary walks right in as a starting caliber acc point guard

now, if as i expect, his first season is 21-22, then such a belief begins to make a bit more sense . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom