Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

It’s not uncommon for kids to look elsewhere if the coach recruiting them leaves
How many players have been let out of their LOIs in college basketball over the last 10 years because their head coach left?

It's EXTREMELY uncommon.

Fact is, Swider had nothing to do with that decision, because Kaluma wasn't going to be going elsewhere regardless.

How many players have been let out of their LOIs in college basketball over the last 10 years because their head coach left?

It's EXTREMELY uncommon.

Fact is, Swider had nothing to do with that decision, because Kaluma wasn't going to be going elsewhere regardless.
Disagree. Recruits get key out of their LOIs all the time when a coach leaves. That’s pretty common.
And your prob right, Swider prob doesn’t have anything to do with us backing off him, just found the timing interesting.

Just a few examples of kids getting released from their LOI thats recent...id imagine there's tons of examples over the last 10 years especially with coaching changes. Theres probably a bunch more but these were ones off the top of my head.

David Joplin Texas
Tamar Bates Texas
Jonathan Lawson Oregon
Rayquan Taylor Austin Peay
Lucas Taylor Clemson
Eric Van Der Heijden Louisville
Bobby Pettiford Louisville

If a kid asks out of his LOI, you need to let him out. It’s a terrible precedent to set not to

Kaluma is a player with high potential.

I had once thought that the combination of Benny Williams and Arthur Kaluma would more than satisfy our forward needs for 2-3 years.

Now in 2021-2022, it does not look like there is enough minutes to entertain both players especially with the possibility that Quincy could return.

That said, I hope that Arthur picks Syracuse and gives the Syracuse coaching staff the challenge of playing everyone and keeping them happy.

It's EXTREMELY uncommon.

It is not extremely uncommon. See above.

I wish. He will go where there's playing time and we won't be able to offer him that.
IDK. Is he a one year guy. Could we sell him starting with Benny. Cole and Jimmy off the bench.

IDK. Is he a one year guy. Could we sell him starting with Benny. Cole and Jimmy off the bench.
IDK. Cole and Jimmy bring skill and experience to the position and I am sure that they were talked into coming because of the opportunities offered at the forward positions.

Perhaps time to have the "in or out" talk with Frank (who I hope stays), knowing we could go after Kamula?
Maybe he has already had discussions with the coaching staff, and everyone knows where they stand. None of the parties are obligated to tell the fanbase the status.

IDK. Cole and Jimmy bring skill and experience to the position and I am sure that they were talked into coming because of the opportunities offered at the forward positions.
Change of circumstances. They have a chance to play. Be better

McAllister reporting that cuse is talking to Kaluma today and that we would take him if he wanted to come for next year.

Would be an absolutely fascinating development and certainly ease the pain of the Quincy news.

McAllister reporting that cuse is talking to Kaluma today and that we would take him if he wanted to come for next year.

Would be an absolutely fascinating development and certainly ease the pain of the Quincy news.
Very interesting. Who’s the poster here that was pretty well connected with Kaluma? Any new inside info from his side?

I don't see it for SU getting Kaluma. We have 2 upper class transfers plus another stud freshman to compete for time. Is he willing to potentially be the #4 forward on the roster? Would be great but I'm sure he'll getting better opportunities to come in and be assured of significant minutes. If someone has a more optimistic rationale, please share it.

I don't see it for SU getting Kaluma. We have 2 upper class transfers plus another stud freshman to compete for time. Is he willing to potentially be the #4 forward on the roster? Would be great but I'm sure he'll getting better opportunities to come in and be assured of significant minutes. If someone has a more optimistic rationale, please share it.

He’s a very versatile player so maybe the coaches are trying to sell him on playing multiple positions. That’s the only guess I could come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom