Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

NCAA no. Acc Uva is a really.bad matchup for us unless they just don't care and are looking ahead to the following week.
they would be playing after the double bye. I don't know if you remember but in the old Big east, teams with the double bye lost a lot of the time. We beat a far better UConn team than us under that situation. I also remember us losing in that situation. As for the NCAA tournament, teams worse than ours have been making runs of two games for the last 50 years. There is a reason it is called March madness.

they would be playing after the double bye. I don't know if you remember but in the old Big east, teams with the double bye lost a lot of the time. We beat a far better UConn team than us under that situation. I also remember us losing in that situation. As for the NCAA tournament, teams worse than ours have been making runs of two games for the last 50 years. There is a reason it is called March madness.
I remember very well I was at the uconn game.

I think their point is that you are overstating a bit how bad we are. We aren't that bad. We have issues sure. And it is difficult for us to get a kid from Tenn at any time. Let alone now. But we aren't Boston college. Let's not talk like we are.
But Q can get a great player out of Tennessee, because he relates with players. Let's admit JB is an old f**t, who good players don't want to play for.

But Q can get a great player out of Tennessee, because he relates with players. Let's admit JB is an old f**t, who good players don't want to play for.
Well, it would be dumb to admit that because 1. we have good players and 2 we just got a 5 star player. How does that fit it to that narrative? You want to argue that Jb doesn't get out and work hard enough anymore, fine. But we have had three 5 star kids commit to us in the last year and a half. Bazley didn't come here because jb is old. He didn't come here because he got cash. And Dior was committed here. Did he not know how old JB is? And of course Benny. That part of the argument doesn't hold water.

Well, it would be dumb to admit that because 1. we have good players and 2 we just got a 5 star player. How does that fit it to that narrative? You want to argue that Jb doesn't get out and work hard enough anymore, fine. But we have had three 5 star kids commit to us in the last year and a half. Bazley didn't come here because jb is old. He didn't come here because he got cash. And Dior was committed here. Did he not know how old JB is? And of course Benny. That part of the argument doesn't hold water.

what happened with dior? Was staff afraid he was non qualifier/would go pro route and worried he was hurting our chances w other guys?

Bazley
That does not change anything lol

I’ll change it to, we’ve not had a top 150 pf or c join our team since 2016.

This isn’t being overly critical of the staff. It’s a major issue hurting our defensive philosophy and ability to spread the floor for our shooters

Rick Barnes couldn't make the Sweet Sixteen WITH Kevin Durant.
(AND also 3 other future NBA players on that roster. )

JB gets a guy like Melo - he wins the whole. f<cking. thing. :cool:
That should be our selling point to this kid Barnes couldnt get to the 2nd round with a top 50 all time NBA player.

That should be our selling point to this kid Barnes couldnt get to the 2nd round with a top 50 all time NBA player.

Or that Barnes doesn't hang around that long. He has a little bit of success then flames out or moves on.

I really hope everyone understands “We” were in this one for about 5 mins in the grand scope of a recruitment. They took a late shot did what they could and so be it. Let’s try and not blame every coach or whatever for not getting this kid. Truth is the team stinks and kids aren’t going to leave home to come miss the tournament on a downward team. This is very easy to figure out why kids aren’t coming here so don’t over think it and just realize it has a lot to do with not being good. And Yes Rick Barnes is more fun to play for. Kids live in the present. They do not care about what happened 10-20 years ago with other recruits or what JB did decades ago. I cannot State this enough when it comes to recruiting
It’s funny that we’re going to win the ACC tourney and make the Big Dance. How’s that for your “the team stinks” and “downward team” comments? Rick Barnes couldn’t hold JB’s jock.

I really hope everyone understands “We” were in this one for about 5 mins in the grand scope of a recruitment. They took a late shot did what they could and so be it. Let’s try and not blame every coach or whatever for not getting this kid. Truth is the team stinks and kids aren’t going to leave home to come miss the tournament on a downward team. This is very easy to figure out why kids aren’t coming here so don’t over think it and just realize it has a lot to do with not being good. And Yes Rick Barnes is more fun to play for. Kids live in the present. They do not care about what happened 10-20 years ago with other recruits or what JB did decades ago. I cannot State this enough when it comes to recruiting

This didnt age to well either so far as missing the tournament and we stink.

Strange how you are promoted as a friend of the program with connections to the current staff and you come on a public message board and say we can't recruit because we stink.

And in comparison to Tennessee or most every SEC program we're plenty good enough to compete even in our downward trend, however your defining that term.

I like Frank but he was what 149th? I think we are looking for a bigger fish.
He was higher i believe. This was because he reclassed someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom