Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

I feel like the NBA G league option is a tough move for big guys, banging down low against men fighting for their livelihoods isn't a recipe for success for an 18/19 year old and i think is one of the reasons Darius Bazley decided to not go that route. I think that option is more beneficial for guards IMO.
I don't think moqui is talking g-league. The assumption is that the NBA is gonna get rid of one-and-done and it may be by 2022.

You think they'd be better than Hak and Melo?
Hmmm...that is a good one. I think probably not. Though, they do have a chance.

This is what I have been screaming that we should be doing. Go after every top 5 top 10 recruit no matter how realistic it might be. You never know.
You know another good idea, pick up the phone and start cold calling every rich person in Syracuse and ask them if they want to buy a car. You never know.

You know another good idea, pick up the phone and start cold calling every rich person in Syracuse and ask them if they want to buy a car. You never know.

If you dont try you never know. Perfect example there are high school basketball recruits teenagers who knows what draw them to you program. We have to try.

I feel like the NBA G league option is a tough move for big guys, banging down low against men fighting for their livelihoods isn't a recipe for success for an 18/19 year old and i think is one of the reasons Darius Bazley decided to not go that route. I think that option is more beneficial for guards IMO.
I don't think moqui is talking g-league. The assumption is that the NBA is gonna get rid of one-and-done and it may be by 2022.
the nba & nbapa may not get rid of 1&done until after bh-h would be eligible. i was referring to the g-league.

when bazley opted to forgo the g-league, the g-league ignite was not yet a thing.

nyc's description of boys fighting men in a thunderdome style event is not what the nba is doing. their goal is to develop these young men. the team is filled with older vets who mentor & help to train the kids. they are going to be bubbled in at the former mamba academy in thousand oaks and will only play a handful of exhibition games against the real g-leaguers.

young players are assets & the nba believes it can build a program that develops & prepares them better than the ncaa model. they don't want something that is going to crush talented prospects.

also, of the 6 prospects on this first ignite squad, 4 are forwards or centers

the nba & nbapa may not get rid of 1&done until after bh-h would be eligible. i was referring to the g-league.

when bazley opted to forgo the g-league, the g-league ignite was not yet a thing.

nyc's description of boys fighting men in a thunderdome style event is not what the nba is doing. their goal is to develop these young men. the team is filled with older vets who mentor & help to train the kids. they are going to be bubbled in at the former mamba academy in thousand oaks and will only play a handful of exhibition games against the real g-leaguers.

young players are assets & the nba believes it can build a program that develops & prepares them better than the ncaa model. they don't want something that is going to crush talented prospects.

Fair enough. I haven’t looked too much into the team to understand the dynamics of it. I thought they were a select team who would be playing against other g league teams. My mistake than.

But, then he better make sure he lets everyone know that he made those calls. Because, if he doesn’t, we can presume they never happened.

Every sales guy knows you need to log your calls.

That's why Salesforce.com is a many billions dollar company.

If you dont try you never know. Perfect example there are high school basketball recruits teenagers who knows what draw them to you program. We have to try.
Surely you’re not suggesting that if a top-30 or so kid had a genuine interest, like “dream school” interest in SU, that we’d be clueless about it? Your assumption that they “don’t try” is flawed.

Surely you’re not suggesting that if a top-30 or so kid had a genuine interest, like “dream school” interest in SU, that we’d be clueless about it? Your assumption that they “don’t try” is flawed.

He has all the answers for:

-SU b-ball recruiting
- NY Yankees signing an all star at every position
- NY Knicks drafting the next LeBron and Magic in back to back years
- NY Giants ending up with a generational talent at QB AND said QBs college coach

Guy knows all!!

My bad. I shouldn't have spoke for you.

Last edited:
Every sales guy knows you need to log your calls.

That's why Salesforce.com is a many billions dollar company.
Before computers, my dad knew it took him 31 cold calls to make a sale.

Before computers, my dad knew it took him 31 cold calls to make a sale.

What was he selling? ~3% appointment rate would be phenomenal in many businesses, much less a sale... He still working and want a job? :)

What was he selling? ~3% appointment rate would be phenomenal in many businesses, much less a sale... He still working and want a job? :)
Life insurance. Happily and successfully retired?

Athletic dropped an article this morning on this dude and syracuse. Syracuse is giving him all sorts of love and BHH seems to recognize the history and past successes of Syracuse. Hopefully as a big he hasn’t watched a game since Rak left.

Athletic dropped an article this morning on this dude and syracuse. Syracuse is giving him all sorts of love and BHH seems to recognize the history and past successes of Syracuse. Hopefully as a big he hasn’t watched a game since Rak left.
Here is a link. It is a premium article.

He also recognized “Tennessee because I’m from there, my second home is Knoxville, and Rick Barnes is a legend who coached Kevin Durant,” he said. “That was a big thing for me. They use their four men."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom