Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

Interesting he mentions all the schools snd every school mentions the assistant recruiting him, except one, Syracuse. He mentions that Jim and Gerry have been in constant contact recruiting him heavily.
Yea and normally our assistants do most of the leg work...JB must really want to bring this kid in and I'm all for it...2021 or 2022. Imagine him and Benny in 21! (If we lose some key guys we have now.)

Yea and normally our assistants do most of the leg work...JB must really want to bring this kid in and I'm all for it...2021 or 2022. Imagine him and Benny in 21! (If we lose some key guys we have now.)
When the dust settles, I hope our talent level is a net gain. But, there is something to be said for experience in the system. My dream scenario is guys staying next year. Then one or two moving on for professional opportunities (not Benny) and then bringing in BHH.

Haha. It's funny/cool for me to see this thread. I was Brandon's world history teacher when he was at IMG. Hopefully, all the Cuse paraphernalia in my room rubbed off on him. :)
You have any info?

When the dust settles, I hope our talent level is a net gain. But, there is something to be said for experience in the system. My dream scenario is guys staying next year. Then one or two moving on for professional opportunities (not Benny) and then bringing in BHH.
Can't say I disagree. Always nice having experienced players. But if we do lose some BHH will fill that void because of his talent level. Kids the real deal!

Think he is a 4 or a 5 in the Cuse defense? Could be like Rick Jackson and do both at times?

I agree. He could start at the 4 and be the backup center, if he is the best option.

And you sell that to him as a path to more minutes, and more experience playing 2 totally different positions.

And can reference guys like Lydon, Jerami, and all the way back to DC doing that here.

Realistically if he is that good and progresses to NBA level he is going to play some of both and would only make him more valuable

I won't argue with most of what you said because I don't know if Boeheim is fun to play for, and we have been fairly mediocre recently in the regular season, but the narrative that we don't consistently get players drafted is absolutely false. Going back to the draft after 2003 since the Natty, we had players drafted in the first round in 2003,5,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16, and 17. Overall we have had 19 players drafted including 12 in the first round since that time. I looked up a pretty complete list of the top programs in college basketball and we show pretty well in terms of both overall and 1st round picks.

School1st round2nd roundtotal since 2003
Kentucky
32​
13​
45​
Duke
27​
11​
38​
Kansas
17​
10​
27​
North Carolina
22​
5​
27​
UCLA
14​
12​
26​
Arizona
13​
9​
22​
Syracuse
12​
7​
19​
Connecticut
12​
7​
19​
Michigan State
7​
8​
15​
Louisville
7​
7​
14​
Michigan
9​
4​
13​
Maryland
4​
9​
13​
Indiana
8​
4​
12​
Ohio State
8​
3​
11​
Villanova
7​
4​
11​
Virginia
3​
8​
11​
Gonzaga
6​
4​
10​
Georgetown
5​
3​
8​
Tennessee
2​
5​
7​
Illinois
4​
2​
6​
Cincinnatti
2​
3​
5​

We obviously can't compete with Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Kansas and UCLA, but we are better than most.
Thanks for putting this together. We’re in the top 10 in NBA draft picks over the past decade or two, and this dude wants to slag off us that we don’t get guys drafted consistently? Who’s the one coming with false narratives?

Thanks for putting this together. We’re in the top 10 in NBA draft picks over the past decade or two, and this dude wants to slag off us that we don’t get guys drafted consistently? Who’s the one coming with false narratives?
Don't recall the team but Southerland was going to be drafted at the end of the 2nd round but didn't like the situation and passed.

It was San Antonio, Pop wanted him to go overseas and play first. I still don't know how you don't accept that and get drafted by arguably the best coach in the game.

Because it gives the team all the leverage?

And you’re locked in to them for X number of years - even if other teams are interested?

Since SA and Pop are great, I can see why folks think that is a no-brainer, but you need to look at it from the other side too.

Because it gives the team all the leverage?

And you’re locked in to them for X number of years - even if other teams are interested?

Since SA and Pop are great, I can see why folks think that is a no-brainer, but you need to look at it from the other side too.
It’s not like James was a sure fire NBA guy. Gutsy move.

Can I dream of a starting five of Kadary, Buddy, Benny, Brandon, and Wahab. With Joe, Braswell, Frank, Jimmy B and Jesse as the backups. I would sign up for Thai right now!!! Great season Orange!!!
Nope, but you can dream whatever you want so I guess the answer should be yup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom