Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

No that is exactly what a Cuse forum is: a bunch of mental patients and we are proud of it
this thread has gotten so pathetic. worrying about comparing word differencs from post visit tweets from his mom, and whether or not there was an illegal work out.

this cannot really be a syracuse forum, i must be hallucinating.
I had a hallucination that one of the best programs in all of college basketball had to play an entire season with only 2 forwards.

I had a hallucination that one of the best programs in all of college basketball had to play an entire season with only 2 forwards.

We currently have 3.

Hughes is a 2. He was brought in as Battles replacement. Unless we land another true forward he will be forced to play the 3.
I think he would do fine playing down low in the zone.

Hughes can play either spot. We have three forwards.
I dont agree. In theory Sid can play the 4 but he isnt a true forward. We only have 2 true forwards.

I dont agree. In theory Sid can play the 4 but he isnt a true forward. We only have 2 true forwards.
What does Hughes lack as a small forward?

I remember a team that only had two real forwords by your definition. Big Rick started at the 4 but he was really a 5. KrisJo came off the bench and he was the second forward. Andy could slide down and play the 3 but he rarely did that year. With a healthy AO they were the best team in the country.

What does Hughes lack as a small forward?
Experience, maybe? Where did he play at ECarolina and in high school? Where has he been practicing with us?

It's all semantics anyway. By the same logic, we have three centers, because Marek can play there. And by extension, we have ten centers. And so on, and so on.

Experience, maybe? Where did he play at ECarolina and in high school? Where has he been practicing with us?

The 2 and the 3 are the same at SU offensively. Only difference in defense is up top or down low. So unless his HS and E Carolina played a 2-3 zone that’s not an argument. To your second question, both.

I remember a team that only had two real forwords by your definition. Big Rick started at the 4 but he was really a 5. KrisJo came off the bench and he was the second forward. Andy could slide down and play the 3 but he rarely did that year. With a healthy AO they were the best team in the country.
Good to see you posting, jordoo :)

No matter how many times you say it, you are wrong.
The 2 and the 3 are the same at SU offensively. Only difference in defense is up top or down low. So unless his HS and E Carolina played a 2-3 zone that’s not an argument. To your second question, both.
The 2 and 3 are not the same in our offense. Not even close .The 2 is the second on ball player. How many times did you see Bris handle the ball at the top? How often did Bris bring the ball up court? How about him playing high low with a 5? As to D did Bris ever play up top ,did Battle ever play down low?
I realize that Hughes might have to out of necessity play the 3 but he is a natural 2.

The 2 and 3 are not the same in our offense. Not even close .The 2 is the second on ball player. How many times did you see Bris handle the ball at the top? How often did Bris bring the ball up court? How about him playing high low with a 5? As to D did Bris ever play up top ,did Battle ever play down low?
I realize that Hughes might have to out of necessity play the 3 but he is a natural 2.
I don’t think anyone is wrong. Ideally we have two Melos as forward. Guys that can shoot threes, post up and rebound. But won’t happen. So if we end up using Hughes at forward next year, we will have two distinct lineups. When Hughes is in, I hope we press and play fast. With Marek and Oshae, I hope we can run some, but that bigger lineup can hopefully wear other teams out, getting offensive boards and causing long possessions defensively.

I didnt say it. I posted it. You crack me up.

I didnt say it. I posted it. You crack me up.

You really don’t know SU’s offense. Nor do you know where Hughes has been playing. Sorry.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize Hughes will be a swing 2/3 and play more than Golden next year.
I never said he wouldnt play forward. My point is that his natural position is at the 2. Question for you. If you had to label Hughes a 2 or a 3 what position would you choose?

You really don’t know SU’s offense. Nor do you know where Hughes has been playing. Sorry.
Bees i do know SUs offense and i do know basketball. I dont know where Hughes has been practicing.

Bees i do know SUs offense and i do know basketball. I dont know where Hughes has been practicing.

If you knew SUs offense you’d know for 40 years JBs motion offense which is his base offense, there’s no difference with the 2 or 3. You’re trying to argue different player skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom