Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

Personally, if SU doesn’t sign two out of the three of Stewart, JG, or Akok it will be very disappointing. We’ve been on these three for a very long time. Losing Akok to any of his other finalists would be embarrassing.
You’ll probably be disappointed. Stewart isn’t happening, and JG3 isn’t a must-have and could go to BC if he wants to see the court faster. So that leaves only 1 guy, Akok, who is taking his sweet time. Quincy or Akok is needed way more than JG3. We’ve also been recruiting QG for longer than Girard and Akok.

Agreed, that would be a great class, and I think that’s what it could realistically shape up as, unless we can get Akok instead of Jones. We’ve been on Akok a long time and it sounds like we’re among his top choices.
with one exception, i think we can get them all & because of the multi-positionality of most of them, jb can use them all: goodine is a 1/2, guerrier is a 2/3, akok is a 3/4, jones is a 4/5. but carrigan is a 5 only, so i think he and jones may be your either/or. this on the assumption that they want jba as the long term player in the middle.

Rankings don't really matter for a kid like Carrigan, as far as SU goes. If he commits here, it is because the coaching staff sees him as an elite shot blocker who can anchor the zone and backend of the press. His scoring potential (which is what most of the rankings focus on as the primary determinant) is not very relevant compared to what his initial use will be to JB. They view him as a Jeremy McNeil type who has a higher offensive upside in the long-term. Any offense they get from him early on would be gravy. Honestly watching his video, I think he's a perfect fit for SU and JB's system, and he would score out waaay higher than 128-145 if you're ranking based on system fit.
system fit is the key metric. i used to care about the rankings, but i've come to accept that jb & co know their needs and their internal rankings are much better than jerry meyer, evan daniels, et al put out.

so, imho, any guy they offer is automatically better than any guy they don't, regardless of national rank.

and any kid who wants to be here & accepts is usually** better than any kid who does not

**e.g., taurean thompson

system fit is the key metric. i used to care about the rankings, but i've come to accept that jb & co know their needs and their internal rankings are much better than jerry meyer, evan daniels, et al put out.

so, imho, any guy they offer is automatically better than any guy they don't, regardless of national rank.

and any kid who wants to be here & accepts is usually** better than any kid who does not

**e.g., taurean thompson
And maybe Thompson (or his mother:confused:) didn't really want to be here in the first place.

We don't know this. The success rate of tendonitis surgery is 80 percent at least. Look it up.
I did and you are wrong. Surgery for Tendonitis is questionable with mixed results. Im actually close with some of the top orthopedic surgeons in the country. Steadman out of Vail which has worked on many of the best athletes in the world. Tendinitis surgery is not even close to an 80% long term success rate. Lets hope that Sid has great results as he has shown that if healthy he can dominate.

I did and you are wrong. Surgery for Tendonitis is questionable with mixed results. Im actually close with some of the top orthopedic surgeons in the country. Steadman out of Vail which has worked on many of the best athletes in the world. Tendinitis surgery is not even close to an 80% long term success rate. Lets hope that Sid has great results as he has shown that if healthy he can dominate.

Open Patellar Tendon Debridement for Treatment of Recalcitrant Patellar Tendinopathy: Indications, Technique, and Clinical Outcomes After a 2-Year Minimum Follow-up

http://www.actaorthopaedica.be/acta/download/2016-3/23-khan.pdf

How would you feel about a Carrigan, Quincy, Goodine, Jones,class? I would sign up for that right now. There would be people that would bemoan no Stewart, no Girard, no Akok, but not me. I would love those guys but would be very happy with the class I just said. No B listers there.
I like it, but I look at it like this...those four guys are like the arms and legs. Goodine and Guerrier are the arms. Carrigan and Jones are the legs. We need a fifth appendage to be complete, and I think Akok would make this a man sized class.

Any word on when Carrigan might commit? Go on an official? I think this kid is a bit under the radar compared to others but could be just as important when all is said and done.

Any word on when Carrigan might commit? Go on an official? I think this kid is a bit under the radar compared to others but could be just as important when all is said and done.
Believe I saw him say somewhere he’d take visits from schools on his list then decide right after.

Ewing and Orr all over him
Jesus. Really? Ewing has the Cambridge Ringe and Latin connection (both he and Dimon went there), and they could sell him on big man development. They could be serious competition. Hopefully Ewing’s almost complete lack of a track record as a HC (as of yet) will hurt them.

Jesus. Really? Ewing has the Cambridge Ringe and Latin connection (both he and Dimon went there), and they could sell him on big man development. They could be serious competition. Hopefully Ewing’s almost complete lack of a track record as a HC (as of yet) will hurt them.
When you say big man development are referencing the fact they were both big men? What big man has Gtown developed recently. Is there anyone under the age of 40? Othello Harrington? Alonzo is almost 50.

I feel like Carrigan has too much baggage and will have academic issues. I would prefer someone like Ajak to go along with Akok and QG. Then put that with Goodine and that is a really good class.

Is there any footage of Dimon playing in junior college? I haven't been able to find any, only old high school videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom