Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

Nothing cryptic about Carrigan's likes on Twitter:

1538659939620.png

Sure seems like he is waiting to be told he can make it public or that his offer is now committable.

Agreed. I wonder if the staff has told him that there's a pecking order -- i.e., Wahab is their top choice, and if he doesn't pick SU then you're next up / you've got the spot -- but we're reserving it for him first.

That could explain why he said that he's "basically committed" but nothing has come out.

Last edited:
Agreed. I wonder if the staff has told him that there's a pecking order -- i.e., Wahab is their top choice, and if he doesn't pick SU then you're next up.

That could explain why he said that he's "basically committed" but nothing has come out.

Exactly what Im thinking too

Agreed. I wonder if the staff has told him that there's a pecking order -- i.e., Wahab is their top choice, and if he doesn't pick SU then you're next up / you've got the spot -- but we're reserving it for him first.

I think this is right. Red has been recruiting Wahab a long time and I think we want to see if we can get him to come here. He’s a 4-year guy so I suspect he would be the better get in JB’s book. Still, the SU coaches have probably read the tea leaves and Wahab may be harder to land but we have to go through the process, especially since Dimon has academic red flags. We’ll get a better idea after Wahab’s visit where we stand and then we can go full court press on Carrigan if Wahab isn’t happening. That’s my theory.

I doubt that the rooster here is Wahab... but as we are still hopeful for Stewart (we are on the young fella's final list and he's a top ten recruit!) ; your pecking order scenario, with a silent, on hold verbal, makes perfect sense.

Florida's scholarship availability is interesting. They have 13 current scholarships, three graduating seniors and four commits already in hand. Florida is already over the maximum 13 scholarships. This means an underclassman has to leave if all the current commits are given scholarships. This is BEFORE Dimon is considered. Florida has NO room.

I would guess the message to Dimon is let us see your grades at the end of the semester and then we can let you commit. Hard to tell him he is second in line. You can play the grade bit and say we can’t afford to take you if you won’t qualify, but if you do, you’re in.

moqui we said the same thing at the exact same time. edowd26 beat us both to it. Well done! :)

Last edited:
Dimon liked and retweeted this...kids gotta be waiting on wahab/stew situation it seems like. If that's the case, I wish we would just take a commitment from him now and be done with the 5 spot. A roster of sidibe, ajak and carrigan is pretty fricken good if u ask me!

Dimon liked and retweeted this...kids gotta be waiting on wahab/stew situation it seems like. If that's the case, I wish we would just take a commitment from him now and be done with the 5 spot. A roster of sidibe, ajak and carrigan is pretty fricken good if u ask me!

Can I like this more than once

That list of players is a beautiful site to see. Man I hope it comes to fruition.

That’s the ideal class. Even if we get Quincy OR Akok but all the rest, I could live with that. It remains to be seen if Oshae will even be ready to go pro after this season. That said, I really, really, really want Quincy.

Last edited:

What’s up guys? First time poster but have been following the board for a while. Anyways, the idea of adding Dimon Carrigan has me PUMPED. I found some full game footage of him, and he was dominant. Granted, it looked like he was playing against a Junior Varsity team, but he still had 15 blocks… FIFTEEN! For those who don’t want to watch the full footage, here are the timemarks of his blocks throughout the game…
12:36
13:16
13:25
21:06
26:30
30:44 great closeout to block
31:10
38:29
1:05:11
1:06:23 MONSTER dunk
1:06:49
1:06:52
1:12:26
1:14:37
1:29:53
1:39:14

Again, can’t expect him to duplicate that production at the DI level, but you can still get a really good feel for his timing, length, and reactions! Hope we lock him up!

What’s up guys? First time poster but have been following the board for a while. Anyways, the idea of adding Dimon Carrigan has me PUMPED. I found some full game footage of him, and he was dominant. Granted, it looked like he was playing against a Junior Varsity team, but he still had 15 blocks… FIFTEEN! For those who don’t want to watch the full footage, here are the timemarks of his blocks throughout the game…
12:36
13:16
13:25
21:06
26:30
30:44 great closeout to block
31:10
38:29
1:05:11
1:06:23 MONSTER dunk
1:06:49
1:06:52
1:12:26
1:14:37
1:29:53
1:39:14

Again, can’t expect him to duplicate that production at the DI level, but you can still get a really good feel for his timing, length, and reactions! Hope we lock him up!
Great post thank you!

It seems Dimon's grades are the big stumbling block. That said, I've watched several of Dimon's interviews, and he's no dummy. He seems to see through the educational system of regurgitation. I think with the right mentoring he is more than capable of making his grades. He doesn't lack the smarts, he just needs to find his niche. He states if the NBA isn't in the cards he'd be interested in political science, and wants to be an instrument of change. I think he'll be fine IF he has someone watching him and pushing him hard to stay focused. My kind of guy...

Grades don’t necessarily mean you can’t handle the work. It could mean you’re lazy.
I agree that poor grades don't necessarily mean you can't handle the work. It could mean (as you've hinted) that he's lazy. But I think he's a bit of a rebel. I meant to share this interview, where he references famous people who did not go to school (Malcolm X, Jesus and Shakespeare). I actually think he simply sees school for what it is, a measure of ones ability to memorize and regurgitate. I don't necessarily think that's laziness, but boredom. He reminds me of me as a young man. I hope he stays focused. I'd be happy to land him.

Last edited:
Everything about this kid / this past year is an enigma.

Listening to him speak, him struggling academically doesn't make sense, and yet here we are. Still puzzled by why he went JUCO in the first place. Beyond strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom