Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

What are the odds that if he is able to play he picks Syracuse? Is there still a strong chance he isn't eligible for most D1 schools academically?

Seems a lot of you guys are big on him, I hope it works out!

Everything about this kid / this past year is an enigma.

Listening to him speak, him struggling academically doesn't make sense, and yet here we are. Still puzzled by why he went JUCO in the first place. Beyond strange.

From what I saw I here, I think he had some off-the-court trouble that led to a few HS changes.

Screenshot_20181013-220945_Instagram.jpg

There is virtually no way in the world he signs in Nov but it doesn’t get out until the new year.

Also that seems like a totally insane plan. Why would he want it kept a secret anyways?

He has to pass the semester.

He has to pass the semester.
Sure. But that doesn’t mean he gets to sign an LOI in November, or if he does that he gets to keep it quiet until his grades come back.

I also wonder how this info about Stewart changes things on the Carrigan front. Although I’d bet we know about Stewart before LOI day anyways.

Hmmm does being alive for Stewart and Akok still mean we are NOT the silent verbal for Carrigan? We couldn't take all three... not that it'd be anything but super unlikely we'd have the option.

I also wonder how this info about Stewart changes things on the Carrigan front. Although I’d bet we know about Stewart before LOI day anyways.

To me, this says our "project center" is signed in JBA, next year's starting center is probably Bourama Sidibe, and at worst, we could have Carrigan challenging for the starting job, or fill in capably if Sidibe's knee turns into a chronic problem (hoping not, obviously...).

So now a decision from Stewart becomes gravy. If we don't get him, we'll still be fine so long as Carrigan qualifies academically. If we get Stewart, then he's a one year rental, we don't have to push Sidibe's knee too hard, and JBA is a capable back up in case of emergency.

WOW is all I can say today about JB and the rest of the coaches! Doing serious work on the 2019 class all over the place.
Oh c'mon dont do that to us!!! Sounds like u have heard some good stuff...I LIKE!!

Oh c'mon dont do that to us!!! Sounds like u have heard some good stuff...I LIKE!!

Not really. Just being reminded of Carrigan made me think of all the different guys we have been after in this class. Only 2 in the fold but decisions imminent with Girard and Guerier. Still hard after Stewart, Akok and Wahab but there are multiple other guys like Carrigan they are still keeping in play. I was just thinking that the overall amount of work that has been put in is astonishing.

Not really. Just being reminded of Carrigan made me think of all the different guys we have been after in this class. Only 2 in the fold but decisions imminent with Girard and Guerier. Still hard after Stewart, Akok and Wahab but there are multiple other guys like Carrigan they are still keeping in play. I was just thinking that the overall amount of work that has been put in is astonishing.
I agree...staff has been working hard on this class and I think we will all be happy when it's done! Lots of options still in play and like u said, jg3 and Q should decide soon. I honestly think we have dimon on the back burner already as well.

Regarding Carrigan's eligibility ...

My understanding is that he's in his first year of junior college?
And if he "passes this semester," he'll be eligible next year?
And he'd then have 4 years of eligibility?

I ask because this seems atypical for junior college, no?

Once you start college, a ticking clock of five years kicks in unless you get a medical or redshirt waiver. Since he'd be coming from JUCO 1.5 to 2 years in, if he transfers to SU, the most amount of seasons he'd be able to play is 3.

Note: Pascal (due to his eye injury from a season again and playing under 10 games that year) can file for a medical redshirt waiver at the end of this season in order to be eligible for a 6th season if he and the coaching staff so choose.

I guess I am not sure why more people arent wondering what Dimon did to either get kicked out or leave so many schools. I continue to see him name being brought up...but do we want someone who potentially has gotten into a lot of trouble at Syracuse? I feel like depending on what the "infractions" are...this would be the type of kid we give other programs a hard time for bringing on their teams.

I could be way off. Just asking the question.

It does sound atypical.
The way I read it is he was qualified coming out of HS so he can leave after the semester.
We do know that his 5 year clock started in September regardless if he plays or not for the JUCO. If he never plays for them he will still transfer with 4 years of bball eligibility left.

I guess I am not sure why more people arent wondering what Dimon did to either get kicked out or leave so many schools. I continue to see him name being brought up...but do we want someone who potentially has gotten into a lot of trouble at Syracuse? I feel like depending on what the "infractions" are...this would be the type of kid we give other programs a hard time for bringing on their teams.

I could be way off. Just asking the question.
What did I miss? What infractions?

Very intelligent, well spoken kid. Cambridge Ringe and Latin is a highly respected public school (alma mater of Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, and Patrick Ewing). Not sure why he left there. I believe he was kicked off the team at the prep school he went to after Ringe and Latin. Hopefully he has a successful year at Odessa and then comes to SU. He’s an incredible shot blocker and rim protector and would be perfect in the middle of the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom