Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

i feel like centers should be beating our door down as well, early PT due to weak comp

Or is it the other way around? The guys we trot out there look and are SO raw. Comical often. They also don’t get the ball. I don’t know for certain just playing Devil’s advocate.

Or is it the other way around? The guys we trot out there look and are SO raw. Comical often. They also don’t get the ball. I don’t know for certain just playing Devil’s advocate.

I was actually playing devils advocate to your position. But based on the fact we have had solid post players previously and have fed them accordingly, i believe my position is the stronger one.

I was actually playing devils advocate to your position. But based on the fact we have had solid post players previously and have fed them accordingly, i believe my position is the stronger one.

Could be. I would hope these kids would remember watching Rak. Or the staff shows tape of him. Who knows.

Could be. I would hope these kids would remember watching Rak. Or the staff shows tape of him. Who knows.

I guess if you have knowledge that were being negatively recruited against using this argument, then sure, show them the tape of rak, or rick jackson, or onuaku. Hell, throw seikaly in there.

Or you could tell them nba teams dont really draft back to the basket guys anymore, and we can help with other skills. Okafor for duke had a great back to the basket game. Hes a flop.

I guess if you have knowledge that were being negatively recruited against using this argument, then sure, show them the tape of rak, or rick jackson, or onuaku. Hell, throw seikaly in there.

I would expect there would be negative recruiting. Every game our Centers do something unbelievably comical at this level of college basketball. A “what are you doing?” scenario. I mean no kid knows about or cares who Jackson and Onuaku are I bet but if that’s what it takes then so be it! Seikaly! Man, he had that quick second jump where he would just power up and dunk it hard. Saw him in Miami once a few years ago.

Or you could tell them nba teams dont really draft back to the basket guys anymore, and we can help with other skills. Okafor for duke had a great back to the basket game. Hes a flop.
Okafor can't guard your grandmother.

For sure re: your last paragraph. The game has changed. But these guys can’t make a basic simple play under the basket more often than not. It’s unreal, truly.

I would expect there would be negative recruiting. Every game our Centers do something unbelievably comical at this level of college basketball. A “what are you doing?” scenario. I mean no kid knows about or cares who Jackson and Onuaku are I bet but if that’s what it takes then so be it! Seikaly! Man, he had that quick second jump where he would just power up and dunk it hard. Saw him in Miami once a few years ago.

And I would expect any kid that is a high level center and deserving of being fed is going to look at our center play and say, "Those guys don't get used because they aren't good, not because Syracuse won't use a competent player that plays that position." Isaiah Stewart isn't looking at our guys and saying if I go there they are going to turn me into a skinny bean pole who can't catch a pass and can't dunk on an unguarded basket if I do catch the pass.

I think this discussion is way overplayed.

And I would expect any kid that is a high level center and deserving of being fed is going to look at our center play and say, "Those guys don't get used because they aren't good, not because Syracuse won't use a competent player that plays that position." Isaiah Stewart isn't looking at our guys and saying if I go there they are going to turn me into a skinny bean pole who can't catch a pass and can't dunk on an unguarded basket if I do catch the pass.

Not sure if it is overplayed or invalid. Of course it doesn’t apply to a Lottery pick who should dominate on the college level at Syracuse or MD-Eastern Shore. But, I think it is fair to ponder why these guys continue to struggle with basic plays and competence and/or why they are at SU. Regardless, I believe these are negative recruiting factors. Just my $.02.

For sure re: your last paragraph. The game has changed. But these guys can’t make a basic simple play under the basket more often than not. It’s unreal, truly.

I dont disagree. I think sidibe will get a lot better in time. Injury set him back a lot so hes basically still a frosh in my mind. I expect him to be a lot better than say a keita.

Correct. Cmon, kids aren’t clueless. They know who can do something with the ball and who can’t.

They should see Cuse and think “I’m starting at the 5 and doing a double double as a freshman.”

Right. Michigan State has Jaren Jackson Jr in the league. That’s it. When did they become big Man U?

1544312858988.png

our defense needs a shot blocker first and foremost - seems like this kid wants to come to Cuse - if he is going to be eligible I don't know why he need just take him immediately