Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

I thought the insiders felt it wasn't committable at least yet, maybe I was thinking of someone else
1544317623335.gif

Wondering if Qudus doesn't go our way Thursday if things might heat up here.

Is this someone we realistically have a chance with?
I think it's safe to assume he has had a good amount of interest in cuse for a while.

Edit: the staff had offered him for like the 2016or '17 class anyway I thought.

I think it's safe to assume he has had a good amount of interest in cuse for a while.

Edit: the staff had offered him for like the 2016or '17 class anyway I thought.

You think we land him?

You think we land him?
oh man I'd love to have this kid, but I'm certainly no expert. Not sure on this one, everything I've read or heard from knowledgeable people seems to be very cloudy. Little to no info on this cat unfortunately that I've seen.

Reading between the lines, the staff must be slow playing Carrigan. If we don't get Stewart, then don't get Wahub, then we move on to Carrigan if he keeps himself eligible.

Of course my opinion doesn't count, but I say take Carrigan now and then move Buddy off scholly for a year if necessary to make 13 if Stewart or Wahub also commit. We have enough thoroughbreds, need a big old Clydesdale in the barn.

Reading between the lines, the staff must be slow playing Carrigan. If we don't get Stewart, then don't get Wahub, then we move on to Carrigan if he keeps himself eligible.

Of course my opinion doesn't count, but I say take Carrigan now and then move Buddy off scholly for a year if necessary to make 13 if Stewart or Wahub also commit. We have enough thoroughbreds, need a big old Clydesdale in the barn.

Buddy isn’t moving off scholarship. Posters need to stop bringing this up. It’s not a legit idea.

He’s better than anyone we got right now!!! He blocks everything and can make lay ups and dunks!!! Watched him in person.

T
I mean it is a legit idea...it's never going to happen, but it is a good idea!

Think about what your saying; you’re taking away a scholarship from a player on the team, which is a tremendous amount of disrespect. Even if Buddy follows the company line his teammates are going to be pissed, because respect is everything for these kids. And then the new guy, who likely is going to have a learning curve and struggle at first with the college game, is going to be blamed for taking his scholarship.

Congrats - you just divided the team and created a hostile locker room. So no, this is not a good idea.

Besides that, it’s morally wrong. You don’t give someone a scholarship and then take it away and make them a walk on. It’s just wrong.

T

Think about what your saying; you’re taking away a scholarship from a player on the team, which is a tremendous amount of disrespect. Even if Buddy follows the company line his teammates are going to be pissed, because respect is everything for these kids. And then the new guy, who likely is going to have a learning curve and struggle at first with the college game, is going to be blamed for taking his scholarship.

Congrats - you just divided the team and created a hostile locker room. So no, this is not a good idea.

Besides that, it’s morally wrong. You don’t give someone a scholarship and then take it away and make them a walk on. It’s just wrong.
I agree you don't do that to most players...but this being the coaches son, it's a completely different and rare situation. Of course, you and I both know it's never going to happen, so it's silly to debate it, but to say it's not even an option if the coach/program to decided to do it is silly. That's all I was saying.

I agree you don't do that to most players...but this being the coaches son, it's a completely different and rare situation. Of course, you and I both know it's never going to happen, so it's silly to debate it, but to say it's not even an option if the coach/program to decided to do it is silly. That's all I was saying.

I disagree. These are people, not numbers, and you don't treat people this way without negative consequences.

The only silly part of this conversation is the people who continuously bring up the idea of taking away Buddy Boeheim's scholarship. If we have 13 players on scholarship next year we aren't going to need to add another, because that means every non senior is coming back including Battle, Hughes, Brissett and maybe even Chukwu.

T

Lot of assumptions in this post. But back to Carrigan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom