Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

I agree you don't do that to most players...but this being the coaches son, it's a completely different and rare situation. Of course, you and I both know it's never going to happen, so it's silly to debate it, but to say it's not even an option if the coach/program to decided to do it is silly. That's all I was saying.
I agree with you. If I’m Buddy, and my dad makes a couple mil per year, I’d volunteer to give up a year of a scholarship if it makes my team better. There’s no “disrespect.” It’s a simple logistics move, made possible by having a millionaire daddy who’s also the king of the city. As long as the incoming player isn’t playing my position, it’s all good, and I think it generates respect for the ‘sacrifice.’ Honestly, Buddy doesn’t get an SU scholarship without the familial connection, so calling it a dis is a bit of a reach. All that said, yeah, it’s not likely to happen, but it would be a nice story if it did, not an insulting story.

I agree with you. If I’m Buddy, and my dad makes a couple mil per year, I’d volunteer to give up a year of a scholarship if it makes my team better. There’s no “disrespect.” It’s a simple logistics move, made possible by having a millionaire daddy who’s also the king of the city. As long as the incoming player isn’t playing my position, it’s all good, and I think it generates respect for the ‘sacrifice.’ Honestly, Buddy doesn’t get an SU scholarship without the familial connection, so calling it a dis is a bit of a reach. All that said, yeah, it’s not likely to happen, but it would be a nice story if it did, not an insulting story.

You’re wrong is one area. If Buddy was another playerwith the pedigree he in high school, the NEPSAC, and City Rocks we still would have recruited him.

You’re wrong is one area. If Buddy was another playerwith the pedigree he in high school, the NEPSAC, and City Rocks we still would have recruited him.
Okay. I'll accept that. I didn't mean to disparage Buddy or to diminish his accomplishments. I think he'll be a valuable player for us. But, him being both Family and being Local were critical to us being 'interested.'

6029E6C1-D1ED-4B7F-8C14-5F9C12F227DB.png

Hes had a very underwhelming season so far. Not sure if hes been injured or what the deal is but he hasnt had the greatest year.

Hes had a very underwhelming season so far. Not sure if hes been injured or what the deal is but he hasnt had the greatest year.

Dimon is a head case and has had trouble with academics. Thats why he’s had to take the road he’s taken.

Dimon is a head case and has had trouble with academics. Thats why he’s had to take the road he’s taken.
I get all that...I meant his game play this season hasnt been very good.

So...if I am deciphering this correctly...he is asking the rhetorical question of whether or not Cuse is standing out to him? And being as BG is "lil bro" and going to cuse it is sticking out to him a little?
Someone asked him in is Instagram story if Cuse is standing out, and the part about BG was his reply.

If he is a halfway decent center block shots make free throws has an average offense of game… We don’t want him we need another guard

Okay. I'll accept that. I didn't mean to disparage Buddy or to diminish his accomplishments. I think he'll be a valuable player for us. But, him being both Family and being Local were critical to us being 'interested.'
So why was Gonzaga interested enough to offer him a scholarship, as nice of those factors apply to them?

So why was Gonzaga interested enough to offer him a scholarship, as nice of those factors apply to them?
I never suggested he wasn't deserving of a D1 scholarship.
I don't recall us being on the same lists with Gonzaga with many recruits, though. Few does a lot without a lot of 4 and 5 star kids.

I never suggested he wasn't deserving of a D1 scholarship.
I don't recall us being on the same lists with Gonzaga with many recruits, though. Few does a lot without a lot of 4 and 5 star kids.
Few gets players from France, and Canada, and Japan, etc. Not many stars associated with them.
Plus, more than a few transfers.

Appears to be a "bouncier" more athletic athlete than JBA. Has better finishing skills around the basket. Hope this kid qualifies and wants to wear Orange, would be a nice late pick up to round out an excellent recruiting class.

Appears to be a "bouncier" more athletic athlete than JBA. Has better finishing skills around the basket. Hope this kid qualifies and wants to wear Orange, would be a nice late pick up to round out an excellent recruiting class.

Some people liked him best of all the big men prospects we were originally talking to.

Update on Dimon's play below-

Past 6 games (all in January) that he's played in, he has averaged a bit more time (about 20 minutes on average) per game and the following stats:

5 rebounds per
0.15 assists per
1.25 steals per
1.5 blocks per
1 turnover per
5.0 points per

With Qudus announcing today, I like how Dimon's game isn't the same as Qudus. I would take both, and don't necessarily favor one over the other. Defense to compliment an emerging offensive game by Qudus.

Also, Pascal can apply for a (medical) red-shirt 6th year due to the eye incident a few years back, does anyoen want him back if he and the coaching staff were to want him?

Past 6 games (all in January) that he's played in, he has averaged a bit more time (about 20 minutes on average) per game and the following stats:

5 rebounds per
0.15 assists per
1.25 steals per
1.5 blocks per
1 turnover per
5.0 points per

With Qudus announcing today, I like how Dimon's game isn't the same as Qudus. I would take both, and don't necessarily favor one over the other. Defense to compliment an emerging offensive game by Qudus.

Also, Pascal can apply for a (medical) red-shirt 6th year due to the eye incident a few years back, does anyoen want him back if he and the coaching staff were to want him?

Pascal is not coming back he's moving on after this season. SU may shift to Carrigan as Qudus is not announcing for SU today.

5 rebounds per
0.15 assists per
1.25 steals per
1.5 blocks per
1 turnover per
5.0 points per

5ppg and 5rpg isn’t as impressive as Wahab...