Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

5ppg and 5rpg isn’t as impressive as Wahab...

I don't think that Wahab is as good a shot blocker as Carrigan.
Although maybe Carrigan is hurt. He has not been having a good year at JUCO.
Some say that's because his heart and head isn't into it; but maybe he's hurt.

Carrigan’s stats are low due to playing on a team that spreads out PT. Thats my understanding at least.

Carrigan’s stats are low due to playing on a team that spreads out PT. Thats my understanding at least.

The mpg stat covers that and at 20mpg, his stats are still terrible. Bizarre because he was such a ferocious defender in EYBL but now doesn't stand out at JUCO when he should be destroying them at least defensively.

The mpg stat covers that and at 20mpg, his stats are still terrible. Bizarre because he was such a ferocious defender in EYBL but now doesn't stand out at JUCO when he should be destroying them at least defensively.
I think his first year in JUCO he was tearing it up, if like someone said above his head just isn't in the game that could make alot of sense...hes bounced around quite a few schools.

I think his first year in JUCO he was tearing it up, if like someone said above his head just isn't in the game that could make alot of sense...hes bounced around quite a few schools.

Have your entire basketball career on the line and don't have the heart and mind to put it together. Sounds like a perfect guy to end up Boeheims next whipping boy.

If this guy weren't a name that people recognized, I'm not sure that the interest would be there.

At this point, we're desperate for post depth, so if the coaches think he'd be a good add...

But the data is head scratching. And I'm not sure that this kid has his head screwed on straight to begin with -- might not be worth the gamble.

Plan E's are usually not great.

People should be furious we couldn't close over St. Bonaventure to get Osunniyi. Kid is shooting 60 percent, averaging 7 & 6 as a freshman with 2 blocks per game.

Dimon Carrigan, come on down!
128AE891-0A23-4954-93C8-67594A7D8CD0.gif

We might want to go to the bullpen next year. Our recruitment of bigs has sucked. This is pretty much inexcusable. 0 4 is never good especially when it is 0 4 multiple years.

People should be furious we couldn't close over St. Bonaventure to get Osunniyi. Kid is shooting 60 percent, averaging 7 & 6 as a freshman with 2 blocks per game.
Furious over Osunniyi? No, that doesn't do it.

Osunniyi wouldn't have been playing at SU this year - he'd be behind PC, Sid, and Marek. Next year he'd be behind Sid and Marek. 7 & 6 on a putrid St Bonnies squad doesn't translate to much on the SU team.

No, for me, Stewart stings. He would have made a difference.

Furious over Osunniyi? No, that doesn't do it.

Osunniyi wouldn't have been playing at SU this year - he'd be behind PC, Sid, and Marek. Next year he'd be behind Sid and Marek. 7 & 6 on a putrid St Bonnies squad doesn't translate to much on the SU team.

No, for me, Stewart stings. He would have made a difference.

Stewart was a pipe dream IMO. Osunniyi was lost to a lower level school and is being productive. He’s better defensively in the zone than Marek and is more polished right now than Chukwu. Even if he didn’t get big minutes this year, he’d be in position to get a lot next year. Which is what we need now anyway.

Stewart was a pipe dream IMO. Osunniyi was lost to a lower level school and is being productive. He’s better defensively in the zone than Marek and is more polished right now than Chukwu. Even if he didn’t get big minutes this year, he’d be in position to get a lot next year. Which is what we need now anyway.
he didn't want to come here and challenge the incumbents nor to face acc competition. that tells me all i need to know.

I agree. I don't think he would be incapable of beating out Sid next year or at least have a pretty even split in the minutes.

We wanted Osun. Disappointing we didn’t get him. I think we need to look overseas.

There’s a big man from NYC that a former poster mentioned on a recent pod who is having a good senior season. He might be worth a look. Otherwise, I think Red should look overseas to Europe again. Or maybe Australia.

Offer Jucos, push for Euro kids, put feelers out to potential grad transfers beat the GD bushes. Work it.

There’s a big man from NYC that a former poster mentioned on a recent pod who is having a good senior season. He might be worth a look. Otherwise, I think Red should look overseas to Europe again. Or maybe Australia.

Lets pump dolejaz with juice, turn him into drago.

Mark Few at Gonzaga gets lots of good foreign talent. Maybe he can help his buddy out and recommend one to us.

I agree. I don't think he would be incapable of beating out Sid next year or at least have a pretty even split in the minutes.
he didn't think so

Who?

Dole was a Plan E. That seems to be better than not great.

No - people should not be furious. Only stupid people should be. :rolleyes:

Osun had a coach he knew get hired by Bonnies.
He's also getting minutes there - would he here?

Not everything comes down to:
"School A is 'better' at basketball than School B, therefore 100% of all recruits should chose School A over School B 100% of the time".

Mark Few at Gonzaga gets lots of good foreign talent. Maybe he can help his buddy out and recommend one to us.
Gonzaga and St Mary’s have a overseas pipeline going. St Mary’s gets all these Australian kids.