Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

Back to Dimon, gentlemen. Thanks.

Well, you see the thing about Howard Washington is...

that he may have the aptitude to feed the post effectively and make a guy like Carrigan look better?

I wonder how much of Carrigan’s unimpressive JC stats are due to style of play? We’ve all seen lower level games where some scrubby guards got the ball in their hands, gunning all the time, trying to make a name for themselves. A talented post can more easily be wasted in the wrong scenario, IMO. Anyone know the deal there? Are there other posts on his team putting up any numbers?

I checked out his stats.

He is averaging about 20 minutes a game. He has started half their games. It looks like the coach likes to spread the PT around; he plays a ton of players. No one gets 35 mpg.

He was starting consistently early in the season, then didn’t play in a game and lost his starting job. Not sure if he didn’t show up, or just got benched.

It looks like he recently won a starting job back, and he is getting serious playing time for the first time all season.

His stats aren’t great.

His rebounding numbers are decent. 5.9 rpg. He is shooting less than 50% from the floor. He is not drawing many fouls...only has 37 FTs on the season. 51.4% FT shooter.

He has fouled out of 6 games, which is tough to do when you are only averaging about 20 mpg. And he has one assist. For the season.

The one area he is excelling in is blocked shots. 2.7 bpg is very good. He is listed as a sophomore, so it would appear he has 2 years of eligibility left.

I think if he comes to Syracuse, we can expect a guy who is a great shot blocker who is really foul prone and not much of a scorer. Sounds similar to Jeremy McNeil.

Odessa College

If hes qualified and a good kid i would bring him in unless the staff has a bead on others.

I checked out his stats.

He is averaging about 20 minutes a game. He has started half their games. It looks like the coach likes to spread the PT around; he plays a ton of players. No one gets 35 mpg.

He was starting consistently early in the season, then didn’t play in a game and lost his starting job. Not sure if he didn’t show up, or just got benched.

It looks like he recently won a starting job back, and he is getting serious playing time for the first time all season.

His stats aren’t great.

His rebounding numbers are decent. 5.9 rpg. He is shooting less than 50% from the floor. He is not drawing many fouls...only has 37 FTs on the season. 51.4% FT shooter.

He has fouled out of 6 games, which is tough to do when you are only averaging about 20 mpg. And he has one assist. For the season.

The one area he is excelling in is blocked shots. 2.7 bpg is very good. He is listed as a sophomore, so it would appear he has 2 years of eligibility left.

I think if he comes to Syracuse, we can expect a guy who is a great shot blocker who is really foul prone and not much of a scorer. Sounds similar to Jeremy McNeil.

Odessa College
This break down is great but sort of cements the fact (IMHO) that we are desperate.

This break down is great but sort of cements the fact (IMHO) that we are desperate.
There is no doubt we have missed on all the bigs(excepting Ajak) that we wanted from the current class(2019) but I do not think you can say it is desperation that we have offered Carrigan. After all he was high on our offer list two years ago, and we would have taken him out of high school if he had fulfilled minimum standards for admission. Assuming he has addressed those issues why would we not want him now? He can plug a hole on our roster even if he is not the guy we would have initially wanted this year.
Sometimes you need to adjust to the situation and take the best there is that wants to come.

Dimon Carrigan and Dimon Carrigan only.

This is my 4th post about this.

Posts will now start disappearing if they are not directly related to Carrigan.

Take all your other recruiting comments/complaints to the main board.
Thank you.

Are other P5's beating down his door?

If nothing else, we could use another tall human body next year.
And since he's only got 2 years left, if it doesn't work out - whatevs.

He has said he is committed, just not to whom.
Thought he just said he was going to commit in Nov., but didn't see any confirmation that he actually did. I honestly can't keep track with this recruitment anymore.

He has said he is committed, just not to whom.

Nah... he vaguely alluded to "pretty much" being committed somewhere. Which led some to believe that perhaps the coaching staff told him that they were waiting to see what Wahab / Stewart did, then he'd be next in line.

But everything surrounding this guy's situation is mysterious / strange -- who knows if we're even actively pursuing him, whether he's qualified, etc.

Hopefully we pass on Carrigan. The grad transfer route is the way to go next year. We don’t need another skinny shot blocker with no offensive skills. But a grad transfer with some skill could help as we find a quality big in the next class.

Take the young man. He at a minimum gives you some blocking in the paint, a few boards and 5 fouls and a tbd upside.

First few pages of this thread illustrates why I wanted this kid in '16, kid was a shot blocking machine. Not sure what happened recently.