Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

Who?
I shouldn’t say. You gotta listen to the pod. I can tell you which episode if you want. He’s an interesting recruit. He played for a legit AAU program but appears to have been under the radar last year. Still developing. I would imagine D1 coaches will be monitoring his play this season.

I shouldn’t say. You gotta listen to the pod. I can tell you which episode if you want. He’s an interesting recruit. He played for a legit AAU program but appears to have been under the radar last year. Still developing. I would imagine D1 coaches will be monitoring his play this season.

I did listen to it, and I do subscribe -- I just don't remember that part.

Although admittedly, I listened to it over a lunch break while multitasking.

I agree with you. If I’m Buddy, and my dad makes a couple mil per year, I’d volunteer to give up a year of a scholarship if it makes my team better. There’s no “disrespect.” It’s a simple logistics move, made possible by having a millionaire daddy who’s also the king of the city. As long as the incoming player isn’t playing my position, it’s all good, and I think it generates respect for the ‘sacrifice.’ Honestly, Buddy doesn’t get an SU scholarship without the familial connection, so calling it a dis is a bit of a reach. All that said, yeah, it’s not likely to happen, but it would be a nice story if it did, not an insulting story.
What you mean is that Buddy should volunteer to give up his mom & dad's money.

What you mean is that Buddy should volunteer to give up his mom & dad's money.
That was in reference to the comment that it would somehow be a diminishing of status for Buddy. If I'm JB and it gets me another usable body, i speak to the AD and submit some additional expense report line items, to the tune of 40k/year with a wink and a smile.

Why would he have to do that, From wahat I see on this forum we could have 5 schollies available for recruits. We know Frank is leaving, we are pretty sure Tyus will leave, and we hear that Chukwu wants to move on. Add to that most people believe Howard Washington will transfer and I am pretty sure we get our last scholly back next year from the probation we have room for 5, and that is if Oshae and Marek stay.

Why would he have to do that, From wahat I see on this forum we could have 5 schollies available for recruits. We know Frank is leaving, we are pretty sure Tyus will leave, and we hear that Chukwu wants to move on. Add to that most people believe Howard Washington will transfer and I am pretty sure we get our last scholly back next year from the probation we have room for 5, and that is if Oshae and Marek stay.

Yeah, available schollies appears to be the least of our concerns relative to roster needs at this point.

If Washington was gonna transfer, he would have used his redshirt to do it this year. He will be 100% healthy next year and a valuable asset for this team over his remaining 3 years.

Does he actually have a commitable offer? Is he Qualified?

I've been asking those questions in this thread for several weeks, I'm not sure that anyone knows for sure.
I know it's been suggested that his grades may be an issue and he may have to pass some classes before he can accept an offer from us. I don't know a thing about the NCAA's rules on this or if there are rules on this.

We should focus on a grad transfer and go hard after a standout big in the next class. Carrigan seems like a headache with little upside.

Totally unfair

He’s bounced around, appears to have grade issues and is averaging 4 points a game this year. I have a right to be skeptical. Let’s recruit another center with little upside so we can scare off the next round of big recruits.

Centers are obsolete in today's game. Just recruit a big forward to play center -- someone athletic with offensive skills who weighs 220 lbs. Not another 190 lb toothpick.

If Washington was gonna transfer, he would have used his redshirt to do it this year. He will be 100% healthy next year and a valuable asset for this team over his remaining 3 years.
Especially if a certain highly touted PG who is not getting any run, decides to transfer.

Especially if a certain highly touted PG who is not getting any run, decides to transfer.
I'd be surprised if Jalen goes anywhere. He knows he's in line to be the starter next year and seems to have embraced the learning experience. He and Washington could be a nice 1-2 punch at point guard next year.

I'd be surprised if Jalen goes anywhere. He knows he's in line to be the starter next year and seems to have embraced the learning experience. He and Washington could be a nice 1-2 punch at point guard next year.

Goodine.
JB recruited him to play point.

Freshman struggle at times and Carey is no different.

Swider and Quinnerly are no different at Nova.
All Carey has to do is look at Dion and MCW their freshman years. He also sees Frank and Tyus leaving next year which is about 70 minutes of PT. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if JB starts Buddy next year and brings either Goodine or Carey off the bench. I think Girard will play sparingly unless he comes in and just shoots the lights out. Of the 80 minutes available at the G spot next year, I think it’ll be about 30/25/25 for Carey/Buddy/Goodine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom