Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

All Carey has to do is look at Dion and MCW their freshman years. He also sees Frank and Tyus leaving next year which is about 70 minutes of PT. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if JB starts Buddy next year and brings either Goodine or Carey off the bench. I think Girard will play sparingly unless he comes in and just shoots the lights out. Of the 80 minutes available at the G spot next year, I think it’ll be about 30/25/25 for Carey/Buddy/Goodine
Does Washington fit in the mix at all?

Especially if a certain highly touted PG who is not getting any run, decides to transfer.
If you mean Carey, he is not and never has played significantly at point guard. He currently has no shooting ability. He needs to improve very much to start at point guard or even play many minutes, not saying he can not improve, but the proof is yet to be shown.
He is quick plays defense adequately, but ball handling is weak and judgement has been poor.
If he decides to transfer then so be it, but if he puts in the effort to improve I think he can become a decent player here.

If you mean Carey, he is not and never has played significantly at point guard. He currently has no shooting ability. He needs to improve very much to start at point guard or even play many minutes, not saying he can not improve, but the proof is yet to be shown.
He is quick plays defense adequately, but ball handling is weak and judgement has been poor.
If he decides to transfer then so be it, but if he puts in the effort to improve I think he can become a decent player here.

I agree on the “point guard” stuff.

Easy to forget this kid scored 26 against UConn.

Howard and most likely Battle are gone.

He will have a great shot to be a huge part of next years team.

He’s the only true PG on the team. He’ll play.

Do we know that Goodine isn’t? I’ve only seen highlights.

It will be interesting to see what happens there. Frankly, I’m happy to have options for once.

I agree on the “point guard” stuff.

Easy to forget this kid scored 26 against UConn.

Howard and most likely Battle are gone.

He will have a great shot to be a huge part of next years team.

Not if he does not improve significantly.

He’s the only true PG on the team. He’ll play.

Again I do not know why you say he is a "true" point, that has not been a position he ever played consistently. He has to learn and improve a lot to be a adequate to good point.
He has some tools to get that done but we will have to wait and see.

Hes gonna be a star.

I hope you are right, I am just not ready to anoint him at this juncture. He is just a Freshman, and we have often not even played frosh at all at the point position.

Again I do not know why you say he is a "true" point, that has not been a position he ever played consistently. He has to learn and improve a lot to be a adequate to good point.
He’s talking about Howard Washington, not jalen Carey, if I’m not mistaken.

He will.

And he’s competing against Buddy, Washington, and a couple freshmen.

Who he is up against has nothing to do with his ability at the position, but you could be right he could play a lot if he is the best of a relatively bad bunch. Not good for us if that is what we are getting. I choose to think he will improve and get to a good player at that position.

This is WAY over the top, misinformed, and an example of poor judgment.

Who he is up against has nothing to do with his ability at the position, but you could be right he could play a lot if he is the best of a relatively bad bunch. Not good for us if that is what we are getting. I choose to think he will improve and get to a good player at that position.

Again...he wasn’t good enough to score 26 in a real D-1 game as a freshman.

He’ll be fine, IMO.

Wahington would at least have been a point, but he does not fulfill the highly rated player described by the original poster. Carey fits the highly rated description.

Again...he wasn’t good enough to score 26 in a real D-1 game as a freshman.

He’ll be fine, IMO.

Tell me how many turnovers he had, and I will be more impressed by his points in a single game(not). I too hope he will be fine and expect him to get better, because he must.

Again because I have eyes. He doesn’t dribble off his foot, pass to the wrong team or pick up his dribble under pressure. He’s more of a PG than anyone currently on our roster.

Bingo. You can tell jalen just needs experience.
yes, jalen needs experience, but more than that he needs to get his confidence back.

he was fabulous in the uconn game. i have not seen that same player since then.

i think jimmy tried to get him on the court earlier in the season. fact is, the kid played himself out of the lineup and buddy played himself into the lineup.

lets hope it turns out similar to frank, who did the same, but showed the tenacity to stay with it and to keep improving, injury aside, throughout his career.