Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

Does this kid have an offensive game? Or is he another defensive first big who won't give us any real offense other than putbacks or dunks?

Does this kid have an offensive game? Or is he another defensive first big who won't give us any real offense other than putbacks or dunks?

So, he is about 6-9 and weighs about 218 pounds. So he seems cut from the cloth of many recent players we've had who are jumping jacks first and basket ball players second.

Tomcat compared him to Jeremy McNeil -- sounds about right.

So, he is about 6-9 and weighs about 218 pounds. So he seems cut from the cloth of many recent players we've had who are jumping jacks first and basket ball players second.
and compare that to the bird in the hand that so many want to give the bird to: jba is 6-10, 230

I think he is putting up 3 pts a game in juco. with those numbers, what is your guess?
Haven’t you heard of the occasional off night shooting...maybe he had all of his every single game this season!
;););)

Are other P5's beating down his door?

If nothing else, we could use another tall human body next year.
And since he's only got 2 years left, if it doesn't work out - whatevs.

A year ago, he showed a real knack for blocking shots. Looked like a Rakeem Christmas / Etan Thomas kind of guy for the middle of the zone. Not a mountain of a guy, very bouncy, great timing.

Tomcat compared him to Jeremy McNeil -- sounds about right.
So barring a big as a grad transfer we will be perimeter oriented on offense and not have a post threat*

* Assuming JBA isn’t a stud offensive big which I am not going to put that on the kid.

So barring a big as a grad transfer we will be perimeter oriented on offense and not have a post threat*

* Assuming JBA isn’t a stud offensive big which I am not going to put that on the kid.

More of the same...

Kid was defensive MVP at EYBL from what I can remember. If he has went from that to barely doing anything in JUCO 2 years later then I don't want him regardless if it's because of motivational issues. That's enough for me to say no thanks.

Houston is all in on this kid. They have the full court press on him as if he is a 5 star recruit. Wouldnt be surprised if he signs with them. He's a upgrade offensively over Chuckwu, meaning he can make a 6 foot jump hook and catch a pass and go up and dunk without bringing the ball down to his knees. But he wont make a big difference for us. Lets hope Sidibe next year plays like he did in that one game last year vs Pitt or ND when he had 16points and like 15rebs. Otherwise next year will be a wasted year and on the bubble again smh.

SU needs to forget about this kid. He will not provide any help next year. He’s just another offensively challenged big. Move on!

Houston is all in on this kid. They have the full court press on him as if he is a 5 star recruit. Wouldnt be surprised if he signs with them. He's a upgrade offensively over Chuckwu, meaning he can make a 6 foot jump hook and catch a pass and go up and dunk without bringing the ball down to his knees. But he wont make a big difference for us. Lets hope Sidibe next year plays like he did in that one game last year vs Pitt or ND when he had 16points and like 15rebs. Otherwise next year will be a wasted year and on the bubble again smh.
Oof what an awful take

Given the lack of info surrounding this kid, I emailed Greg Levinsky, a Boston Globe sports correspondent who wrote an article about Carrigan last year. He confirmed Carrigan is playing at Odessa JC in Texas and passed along this link.
Dimon Carrigan

He said he is sure Carrigan will be playing for a division one school next year but he had no idea which one. I asked him why a division one school would take him given his rather pedestrian stats and he said that it was a low risk high reward because he only has two years of eligibility left so if he didn’t work out a school would only have him for two years. He said colleges view him as an elite defensive player and for that reason he will have no problem finding a home.

FWIW he said to his knowledge he has not had any behavioral issues since he left high school.

One would think that if he was a problem JB would staple him to the bench and he’d move again back to a JC. No kid is going to want to sit his last two years. So maybe it would be a low risk play worth trying. We will need a rim protector.

Given the lack of info surrounding this kid, I emailed Greg Levinsky, a Boston Globe sports correspondent who wrote an article about Carrigan last year. He confirmed Carrigan is playing at Odessa JC in Texas and passed along this link.
Dimon Carrigan

He said he is sure Carrigan will be playing for a division one school next year but he had no idea which one. I asked him why a division one school would take him given his rather pedestrian stats and he said that it was a low risk high reward because he only has two years of eligibility left so if he didn’t work out a school would only have him for two years. He said colleges view him as an elite defensive player and for that reason he will have no problem finding a home.

FWIW he said to his knowledge he has not had any behavioral issues since he left high school.

One would think that if he was a problem JB would staple him to the bench and he’d move again back to a JC. No kid is going to want to sit his last two years. So maybe it would be a low risk play worth trying. We will need a rim protector.
I say again U of H loves him!!!!