Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

We're probably a bubble team again. We are not deep enough to withstand any new injuries, and the coach overplayed the starters last year which led to all these injuries that players are still recovering from in the first place. If we're not deep enough and he does that again, some of these kids will develop chronic problems.
That's a lot of assumptions crammed into a short post.

We're probably a bubble team again. We are not deep enough to withstand any new injuries, and the coach overplayed the starters last year which led to all these injuries that players are still recovering from in the first place. If we're not deep enough and he does that again, some of these kids will develop chronic problems.

We don’t get OO and all of a sudden we’re a bubble team just because of that? That’s whacked.

who had may 16th in the first-bubble-panic pool?

That's a lot of assumptions crammed into a short post.

If we don't add another big man, we're a bubble team.

Boeheim said back in November that he wanted another big man for this class.
He was correct in that assessment. That's why we have offered these guys.
And two forwards who we were expecting to be here are not.

Some said we don't need more bodies (cough = Dasher). Boeheim clearly disagrees.

We had too few guys last year, and several had to play hurt, due to over-reliance on the starters.
You did watch last season, right?

If we didn't add another forward (Braswell) and another big (hopefully Osunniyi, after we missed on the stretch four from Pitt), we would be shorthanded again.

Do you disagree with any of that?

Yes, Boeheim is famous for a short bench, but that doesn't usually start in October; he waits until conference season. But not the last couple years.

He hasn't played enough guys. As a result, guys quit, leaving us shorthanded. And then guys get hurt from overuse.

He once famously said "A tired Derrick Coleman is better than anybody I have on the bench."

But do you like seeing Syracuse have to play players who are so obviously hurt? I don't recall having seen that in my 47 years of being a fan.

We had guys who literally could not run up and down the floor out there. One transferred and the other 2 are returning at center, and we're hoping for them both to be healthy. But how much did we hurt their recovery by playing them hurt all season?

Last edited:

Some said we don't need more bodies (cough = Dasher). Boeheim clearly disagrees.

We had too few guys last year, and several had to play hurt, due to over-reliance on the starters.

If we didn't add another forward (Braswell) and another big (hopefully Osunniyi, after we missed on the stretch four from Pitt), we would be shorthanded again.

Yes, Boeheim is famous for a short bench, but that doesn't usually start in October; he waits until conference season. But not the last couple years.

He hasn't played enough guys. As a result, guys quit, leaving us shorthanded. And then guys get hurt from overuse.

He once famously said "A tired Derrick Coleman is better than anybody I have on the bench."

But do you like seeing Syracuse have to play players who are so obviously hurt? I don't recall having seen that in my 47 years of being a fan.

We had guys who literally could not run up and down the floor out there. One transferred and the other 2 are returning at center, and we're hoping for them both to be healthy. But how much did we hurt their recovery by playing them hurt all season?
lol Never said that. I said, go very slowly for Matt, that we weren't going after any more players. That is what I was told. That was what Iommi was told. That is what Alsacs was told. All by different sources in the athletic/ basketball offices. If you had read what I wrote, I wanted us to go after more players. I made that very clearly. Can you read? lol You have to do better Matt. Now, the idea that this kid that is deciding between us and the Bonnies is the difference between us and the bubble is, well, moronic. I hope we get the kid. Might be a nice 4 year guy.

We don’t get OO and all of a sudden we’re a bubble team just because of that? That’s whacked.

We've got 2 injured centers and 2 forwards who transferred out, and our leading scorer is about to go pro.
That sounds like a Sweet 16 team to you? Are we going to win the ACC with 2 hurt centers? Are we going to make the Final Four? We need these extra bodies badly.

The notion that we are a bubble team next season is, IMO, ludicrous. We have the entire team coming back (if Battle returns). All with a years experience, and an off season to get stronger and further develop. We will have much more depths next season, with Carey, Buddy, and Hughes, all of which should help offensively with their shooting. I do, however, agree that we should have prioritized one more big man for depth, and injury insurance. That said, I am very optimistic about next season, but far less so for the years that follow. Recruiting is challenging now, and JB ain't getting any younger. Next year though... Sweet sixteen should be the bare minimum expectation.

Last edited:
The notion that we are a bubble team next season is, IMO, ludicrous. We have the entire team coming back (if Battle returns). All with a years experience, and an off season to get stronger and further develop. We will have much more depths next season, with Carey, Buddy, and Hughes, all of which should help offensively with their shooting. I do, however, agree that we should have prioritized one more big man for depth, and injury insurance. That said, I am very optimistic about next season, but far less so for the years that follow. Recruiting is challenging now, and JB ain't getting any younger. Next year though... Sweet sixteen should be the bare minimum expectation.

I heard we are moving to D2 ;)

We've got 2 injured centers and 2 forwards who transferred out, and our leading scorer is about to go pro.
That sounds like a Sweet 16 team to you? Are we going to win the ACC with 2 hurt centers? Are we going to make the Final Four? We need these extra bodies badly.

where the hell did we get a 2nd injured center from now?

Wasn't sure that something that was repaired well over a year ago still counted as being injured. Guess we learn something every day.
Valid point. I'm not an eye expert. Chukwu played all season and (after Sidibe went down) logged lots of minutes despite his lower back. So I would say he's cautiously healthy. But certainly he faces heightened risk since he can't take another injury to that eye. Sidibe's another uncertainty. We don't know what his recovery is going to consist of. But we'll need his offense this year. So as I've posted before, it's not greedy to have 3 legit. guys at the 5. Having a developmental player there is not a luxury.

Last edited:

I don’t think we have had more guys leave - not counting early departures to the NBA - than we have had before.

With this news and the fact that Carrigan put off announcement, I wonder if we still are in the hunt for Carrigan.

There has literally been nothing on us recruiting him for quite some time until he posted his announcement with us listed...could of been just for show but it sure would be nice if him putting off his announcement has something to do with us getting involved again...doubtful but who knows. Strange for sure that he was all set to announce and then called it off so suddenly. His recruitment has been odd from the get go tho. Anyone with some inside info know if we are in communication with him at all?

Is there any concern about him bouncing around JUCO? Are there any red flags there?

Problem is...he has less eligibility than others. Would he want to wait his turn? Probably not

Problem is...he has less eligibility than others. Would he want to wait his turn? Probably not

He would only have to wait his turn if he isn't good enough to supplant the guy in front of him.

Is there any concern about him bouncing around JUCO? Are there any red flags there?
I believe he went to JUCO because there was fear he wouldn't qualify academically.

The kid has a lot of talent but it appears a lot of schools are staying away.

Major red flags.

Which I think ties in to why the path he's taken is so off the wall, why major teams seem to be avoiding him, etc. Something's fishy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom