Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

I dont know if anyone else saw it but from an article from skout yesterday Dimon said he's actually had the Cuse offer for a couple weeks but it just came public. Also says Gmac is the main recruiter and that they have a great relationship. Looking to trim list by August first then do visits from there.

This kid has a wingspan like a condor.

A condor that always has its wings out too. He would be an anchor in the middle. I hope he visits soon, and pulls the trigger. No need to trim the list. Committed at the end of August sounds good to me. We could showcase his ability so well.

A condor that always has its wings out too. He would be an anchor in the middle. I hope he visits soon, and pulls the trigger. No need to trim the list. Committed at the end of August sounds good to me. We could showcase his ability so well.

Exactly this.
When you get to stay primarily in the paint, near the rim, it's much easier to be an effective shot blocker, than when you have to defend PnR action out on the wing, then recover.
And even raw bigs can still get points on putbacks, lobs, etc, so being a polished scorer isn't necessary to be a contributor from Day One.

Exactly this.
When you get to stay primarily in the paint, near the rim, it's much easier to be an effective shot blocker, than when you have to defend PnR action out on the wing, then recover.
And even raw bigs can still get points on putbacks, lobs, etc, so being a polished scorer isn't necessary to be a contributor from Day One.

It will be interesting to see which direction the staff goes with pursuing a big in this class. Roberts and Carrigan seem like completely different players. Carrigan looks to have some Etan Thomas in him [and is similarly raw offensively coming in]. I'd sign up for that if he has a similar developmental curve.

It will be interesting to see which direction the staff goes with pursuing a big in this class. Roberts and Carrigan seem like completely different players. Carrigan looks to have some Etan Thomas in him [and is similarly raw offensively coming in]. I'd sign up for that if he has a similar developmental curve.

After years of recruiting human pogo sticks who could defend, but couldnt catch or make a layup (Chukwu actually airballed a layup last year), it was great to see a kid like Thompson show some offensive promise. Then I saw Thompson try to play defense and now I am conflicted. :noidea:

I dont know if anyone else saw it but from an article from skout yesterday Dimon said he's actually had the Cuse offer for a couple weeks but it just came public. Also says Gmac is the main recruiter and that they have a great relationship. Looking to trim list by August first then do visits from there.
Come on, Gerard!

Dimon has definitely gotten the attention of other schools...

"The Orange could be seen checking in on top 10 big man Simisola Shittu, high-scoring combo guard Jalen Carey, shot blocker Dimon Carrigan, and Jim Boeheim also spent lots of time watching his son, Buddy Boeheim, and 2019 big man Isaiah Stewart. Of course, five-star commitment Darius Bazley also got a look."

Last edited:

Carrigan fits the "trend" (I'm hoping it's more than just coincidence) of the last several recruits...players with length who also have ascending offensive skill sets. Battle, TT, Brissett, MD, Sidibe, Baze...

The Zone is JB's calling card, but you absolutely have to score in the ACC. I love the direction, if this is in fact JB's mind set.

I know I am getting wayyyyyyy ahead of myself and I truly think this upcoming years squad will surprise some people but if we get a class of Bazley, Carey, Carrigan and Buddy the 2018-2019 team should have the most talent of any team since Waiters sophomore year. Assuming Battle and Thompson both leave we still have the most athletic and versatile team we have had in a lonnnggggg time and that is saying something.

If we are serious our chances are good. An envigirated JB with Red, Gerry , Adrian is a great recruiting staff.
Well if he schedules a visit soon that will say a lot. If he cancels Houston visit then I get giddy

Sounds to me like he is coming to Syracuse with Carey and Bazely and winning a title in 2018.
If that happens we will be watching a movie called" I'm Boeheims kid and this is my story" 2 years later

And Peach Jam 3rd Team...

10ppg, 10reb, 4bpg, 51fg%

"Dimon Carrigan took home Defensive POTS during the Peach Jam, averaging 3.8 blocks per game while impacting countless other shots. Lost in his defensive ability was his improvement on the offensive end, as the Peach Jam saw Carrigan average 10 points a game and shoot over 50 percent from the floor. The BABC big man picked up offers from the likes of Texas, Syracuse and Clemson, making it clear that his countless hours in the gym are paying off. Carrigan was a monster in July, and he's only scratching the surface of his potential."

And Peach Jam 3rd Team...

10ppg, 10reb, 4bpg, 51fg%

"Dimon Carrigan took home Defensive POTS during the Peach Jam, averaging 3.8 blocks per game while impacting countless other shots. Lost in his defensive ability was his improvement on the offensive end, as the Peach Jam saw Carrigan average 10 points a game and shoot over 50 percent from the floor. The BABC big man picked up offers from the likes of Texas, Syracuse and Clemson, making it clear that his countless hours in the gym are paying off. Carrigan was a monster in July, and he's only scratching the surface of his potential."

Carrigan would be the ideal 5 for SU, especially given the other recent talent at the wings. His offer list is going to explode.

Gotta love the potential Carrigan would bring to our program.
Many of JB's best teams had Centers who were good shot blockers, which he certainly is, and the forwards and guards carried the bulk of the scoring. With a defensive stud, like him, at the back of our zone, we should do quite well.
Go Orange staff; get
Dimon's commitment!

As long as we get one of Carrigan or Roberts in 2018. He doesn't have Carrigan ranked... no stars. But I have a feeling he'll be rising up the ranks once they get updated for the different scouting sites. We'll make his 8/1 list and I have a feeling that Dimon will be Orange in the end.. not Roberts despite our early offer to Nate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom