Class of 2019 - PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas

I want a back up plan for the back up plan of the back up plan. No grad student situations

They need to get in gear on dome renovations so that by this kids junior year, we can have a Jumbotron showing this after a monster dunk or block.

52810E3A-AF31-43FD-9518-5BDBE6307E9C.gif

More to like about Kai...

“For me my decision is going to be about a lot bigger than basketball,” Jones said. “Just looking for a school with a family culture and I’m just working on getting better right now.”

Does that not ring Syracuse?

And that Brewster connection should help if we really dial in on him.

Last edited:
More to like about Kai...

“For me my decision is going to be about a lot bigger than basketball,” Jones said. “Just looking for a school with a family culture and I’m just working on getting better right now.”

Does that not ring Syracuse?

And that Brewster connection should help if we really dial in on him.

Said he definitely wants a visit to Stanford right? Education sounds important to him and hes a great student. I like this kid and hope we get a visit. Guess a lot will depend on how our big situation shakes out.

"Kai Jones is loaded with upside, potential...
During his senior season at Orlando (Fla.) Christian Prep, Jones showed he had natural talent, but playing alongside Nassir Little and CJ Walker, he didn’t quite breakout. Then he scored an invite to NBA Global Academy, where he started to take off.

This past weekend at the Under Armour Challenge and then at Shun Williams’ Elite 32 event, Jones showed elite upside. Its start with his physical gifts At 6-foot-10, Jones has good length, he races end to each with incredible ease, he’s quick off his feet and is an explosive athlete.

Jones also plays with great energy and impacts the game by grabbing rebounds and protecting the rim. Then there’s his developing jump shot. He shoots the ball with confidence and made multiple three-pointers in a viewing at the Elite 32.

Jones still lacks weight and strength, but once he adds that, the ceiling is high. – Daniels"

This interview is a year old but watching it you can a feel for the kids work ethic. He seems smart, hungry and yet humble. Impressive guy at such a young age. Strikes me as coachable too.

does that mean he's still waiting for Duke and Kentucky?
Oye ... have to keep plenty of other eggs in the basket if he's going to pull the "wait til the Spring" stuff.

We can beat Kansas.

C mon K, I can smell you from here

Oye ... have to keep plenty of other eggs in the basket if he's going to pull the "wait til the Spring" stuff.
Why would he be in any kind of rush?

Why would he be in any kind of rush?
I need some time to draft my reply ... maybe I'll get back to you this fall or next Spring.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly i don’t thimk he’s necessarily waiting for blue bloods it’s just more of the fact he’s kinda just blowing up.

Cool. I'm in no rush.
So it seems. And it's still early in the cycle. At some point, however, JB, has a program to run, a roster to manage, travel and recruitment resources to allocate and other recruits to consider ... whose interest may be keener. So while you might not care, as we get further into the cycle it will become clear that the staff has finite time and resources. Recruits who tarry too long do so at their peril. Just saying.