Class of 2019 - PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas

So it seems. And it's still early in the cycle. At some point, however, JB, has a program to run, a roster to manage, travel and recruitment resources to allocate and other recruits to consider ... whose interest may be keener. So while you might not care, as we get further into the cycle it will become clear that the staff has finite time and resources. Recruits who tarry too long do so at their peril. Just saying.
Sure. That's on the program side of the fence.

But that shouldn't have any bearing on what Cobra decides for his own timeline at this point.

It's a two-way street, as I was pointing out. If the recruit either 1) doesn't care; or 2) can't make up his mind in a reasonable amount of time ... then let the chips fall where they may.

I'll reserve further response details until this fall or next year.
I mean the kid was offered a week ago. I think he's still very safely within "reasonable amount of time."

it makes perfect sense to take your time, consider all your options, make a reasoned decision and humbly thank all the other schools for their interest

but that's not "strike first, strike hard, no mercy"

cobra nickname revoked

"Kai Jones has had one of the best summer circuits this summer regardless of class. Earning a plethora of offers from schools like Kansas, Syracuse, Baylor, Georgetown, Stanford, Florida State, Louisville, and more. He is a 6’10 wing whose versatility stands out more than anything. It is like he is everywhere at once when he’s on the floor. Kai can rebound, block shots, and also be a stretch power forward as he has the skills to knock down jumpers from inside and outside the three-point line. Jones recently made an announcement that he will be transferring from Orlando Christian Prep in Florida to powerhouse Brewsters Academy in New Hampshire."

Another addition for Brewster next year is one of Kai's 'mates... Jamal Mashburn Jr.

He’s gangly and skinny but not clunky like a Wahab, IMO. Really like his aggression and assertiveness. Something a guy like McCullough never had.

Kai Jones would be a good get but I wonder where Syracuse fits on his list of 33-34 offers. He is going to Brewster Prep where the SU staff has done well in the recent past. I would like to see Syracuse sign any one of the following three: Kofi Cockburn, Kai Jones or Qudrus Wahab.

How about? 2019-2020 Hughes; Sidibe/Cockburn; JONES/Braswell/Akok; Girardi/Boeheim/Carey/Goodine.

That roster will WIN. Defense & Rebounds, Run, Gun, & Repeat

"Jones is a long and athletic post with good mobility and a matching skill set. He runs the floor very well, changes direction effortlessly, and score inside/out. He is effective in transition, beating most bigs rim to rim where he can finish out ahead of the pack. He secures rebounds above traffic, blocks a fair amount of shots, and has a high defensive upside thanks to his size, length, and mobility."

Not sure how old this is but I hate everything about it!
Screenshot_20180817-232918_Instagram.jpg

As I always say, if u don’t wanna be here with bells on go somewhere else. I love this kid and sky is the limit but if u don’t love us bank I gotta go, *ood luck