Class of 2019 - PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas

Baylor/FSU might not have open scholarships.

Doesn't mean we'd be next on the list.

Agreed.

No telling what will happen. Kids don't always revert back to their original list, for a variety of reasons. See: Tucker, Jordan.

No telling what will happen. Kids don't always revert back to their original list, for a variety of reasons. See: Tucker, Jordan.

Jordan Tucker would have lost a full year of eligibility is he transferred to another ACC school which is why kids don't transfer within the ACC or other conferences that have that rule.

Jordan Tucker would have lost a full year of eligibility is he transferred to another ACC school which is why kids don't transfer within the ACC or other conferences that have that rule.

The reason is irrelevant -- the point is that kids don't automatically revert back to their initial "top 3," for any of a variety of reasons.

Was Washington in Quade Greene's top 3 coming out of HS?

The reason is irrelevant -- the point is that kids don't automatically revert back to their initial "top 3," for any of a variety of reasons.

Was Washington in Quade Greene's top 3 coming out of HS?

The reason was only relevant because of the example you used. I agree that kids don't revert to their original list. Quade did revert to a previous relationship just not a school in his final 3.

Kinda pointless bringing this up but I came across this clip of Jones today and thought how awesome it would be to have his skillset on our team this year as a sophomore. Kid looks damn good!

Kinda pointless bringing this up but I came across this clip of Jones today and thought how awesome it would be to have his skillset on our team this year as a sophomore. Kid looks damn good!

Yes, this makes us all feel good that Syracuse was not able to sign Kai Jones. Actually, I like to see the first game Vice practice that he is able to do what is shown here.

Man he would have been the PERFECT fit here
Meanwhile local media in Austin wants Shaka out ASAP. Maybe his recruiting and the fact that UT boosters don't care enough about hoops to pay the buyout will save him for one more year?

Meanwhile local media in Austin wants Shaka out ASAP. Maybe his recruiting and the fact that UT boosters don't care enough about hoops to pay the buyout will save him for one more year?
I think Shaka is just starting to get rolling down there. What do they want, a Final Four every year? I think he is going to have a consistent winner with occasional great teams. He will get some one and two year players to go with 4 year program guys. When the mix is right, they will compete for the Big12 crown.

I think Shaka is just starting to get rolling down there. What do they want, a Final Four every year? I think he is going to have a consistent winner with occasional great teams. He will get some one and two year players to go with 4 year program guys. When the mix is right, they will compete for the Big12 crown.
I don't know about that... he's had some pretty uninspiring teams before this year. Most of the folks in Austin don't think he can coach. I think his teams are so boring to watch that I don't bother.

I don't know about that... he's had some pretty uninspiring teams before this year. Most of the folks in Austin don't think he can coach. I think his teams are so boring to watch that I don't bother.
I just feel that making the proper connections in TX takes time. And, I think he is much closer to getting more of the considerable talent in TX. I may be completely wrong, because I certainly don’t follow Texas basket enough to be an expert.