Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the moves of going after this kid and Braswell. Both look good enough to play spot minutes this year if necessary. Its insurance against injury and foul issues. I also feel like both appear to fit our program long-term and have good upside if they stay four years.

Last edited:
I like the moves of going after this kid and Braswell. Both look good enough to play spot minutes this year if necessary. Its insurance against injury and foul issues. I also feel like both appear to fit our program long-term and have good upside if they stay four years.

This, more than anything else.

As long as they aren’t sold a bill of goods about playing 35 minutes a game early and they want to be a part of something bigger than just them, they both fit the bill.

2-3 years down the road, I think both could be key rotation guys or even better if they develop.

Have heard Osunniyi is an elite shot blocker right now. Offense is coming along but it’s defense that will set him apart. Would love him as an insurance policy for Sidibe, with him picking up 15-20 mpg in ‘19-20 once Chukwu is gone.

De-committed from LaSalle you say?

I guess it’s not always Osunniyi-n Philadelphia.
Charlie-Kelly-Blocks-Kid-in-Basketball-as-a-Ref.gif

This, more than anything else.

As long as they aren’t sold a bill of goods about playing 35 minutes a game early and they want to be a part of something bigger than just them, they both fit the bill.

2-3 years down the road, I think both could be key rotation guys or even better if they develop.

Have heard Osunniyi is an elite shot blocker right now. Offense is coming along but it’s defense that will set him apart. Would love him as an insurance policy for Sidibe, with him picking up 15-20 mpg in ‘19-20 once Chukwu is gone.

i think this shows how bad the sanctions hurt us, we would never have been able to go after this kid if we had limited scholarships, this would be a great kid to land with huge upside, and like said above they play spot minutes this year, learn the system and they can be very very solid peaces in this system in the future

Sign me up! This kid has moves and is LONG. Would be a great get
Looks like a more athletic Rick Jackson. Don't see much range to his game but is physical around the paint. He has essentially had a red-shirt year by playing an additional year in the New England prep league which Lasalle had asked him to do. He appears to be a physical player who has some back to the basket skills that SU centers haven't shown in awhile. Not exactly a forward replacement for Bazely but SU can't be choosy at this point. At the least he will be a capable back up for Chuckwu when he leaves after this coming season.

After the recent developments anybody to say this needs to go back and hit rewind and start over
Agreed, you can't lose guys that you don't want to schools like Butler and say that you can get a LaSalle level commit.

Agreed, you can't lose guys that you don't want to schools like Butler and say that you can get a LaSalle level commit.

So now we're offering guys "we don't want"?

These would be two major late pickups.

Love both of them.

Totally agree. If we could get these two pickups this late in the process after losing to Bazley and Moyer, that would be really impressive.

Watch some highlights of this kid if you haven't. He is bigger than everyone else but has a level of athleticism that will translate to the next level pretty well. He got a steal at the free throw line and dribbled it all the way down for a dunk at the other end. Very good hands also it appears.

Last edited:
So now we're offering guys "we don't want"?
I know that you know that there is a priority to recruits, even when they hold an offer.

I know that you know that there is a priority to recruits, even when they hold an offer.

Absolutely! I don't think the truth is that we didn't want them. I think the truth is that the role that we envisioned for them (roster depth and 3 to 4 year contributors) wasn't the role they were looking for, but that isn't the same as we didn't want them.

Absolutely! I don't think the truth is that we didn't want them. I think the truth is that the role that we envisioned for them (roster depth and 3 to 4 year contributors) wasn't the role they were looking for, but that isn't the same as we didn't want them.
Ok, I was being lazy. If anything, I think that certain players choosing other schools is a positive sign for our chances with others more highly prioritized.

It would be a really nice rebound to go from losing Bazely and having Golden choose Butler, to landing Braswell and Osun. Both may be project players BUT they've got time to develop with 4 or 5 starters returning from last year's team depending on Battle. They both look to be under the radar, late blooming guys who are long and athletic, and in the SU mold. Since we can't undo losing Bazely, this is about as good as it gets if we can pull it off.

It would be a really nice rebound to go from losing Bazely and having Golden choose Butler, to landing Braswell and Osun. Both may be project players BUT they've got time to develop with 4 or 5 starters returning from last year's team depending on Battle. They both look to be under the radar, late blooming guys who are long and athletic, and in the SU mold. Since we can't undo losing Bazely, this is about as good as it gets if we can pull it off.

Especially this late in the process.

If Sidibe is healthy, maybe a potential RS year for this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.