Class of 2018 - PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ...

iommi

Living Legend
All credit to Francis on this one, who's talked about Manuel on his pod. Plays for The Patrick School in NJ, which has churned out a lot of big time big men and players over the years. To my knowledge, SU is not involved here but if we do decide to snag a post guy in this class, Manuel is probably a great option.

I confess to not having watched much of him until recently because he's not been on our radar. Kid has a lot of offers and I believe Seton Hall is in good position. He has a lot of other offers.

He's listed as PF but he has an inside game reminiscent of Rick Jackson's. He can step out and make a 15 footer. He could play the 5 for us at 6'9" 210. I've been keeping an eye on him since Dean brought him up and this kid has been playing very well. No clue why we have not been in the mix, especially with questions about Bourama's health.

Yesterday he had 20/10 against a good Hudson Catholic team.

I’ve wondered why the staff wasn’t going after another big that can play the 4 and 5 effectively. Could it be because Tyus is staying? Do we have a free scholarship if he stays because I thought we didn’t unless he left. We need some inside game especially if we can’t shoot, though the shooting should get better next year (hopefully).

Looks like the competition is Seton Hall, Rutgers and Illinois. This kid looks pretty good. I'd take a chance on him. He's from Angola. How long has he been playing basketball? He seems a bit more advanced and less of a project than Majak.

I’ve wondered why the staff wasn’t going after another big that can play the 4 and 5 effectively. Could it be because Tyus is staying? Do we have a free scholarship if he stays because I thought we didn’t unless he left. We need some inside game especially if we can’t shoot, though the shooting should get better next year (hopefully).

Syracuse can get 1 more recruit if Battle stays, but it would require JB not giving Buddy a scholarship. If Battle or anyone else leaves, Syracuse would have room for 2 more recruits.

Never heard of Valdir Manuel today, but from his 1 dunk from iommi's twitter post, it looks like he's got the size and length to fit in the zone. Definitely intrigued to see more of this kid and hopefully the staff is keeping tabs on him.

Is Syracuse actually recruiting him, or is this all just speculation about a prospect?

I just recalled that when I was reading about him earlier, he said he was going to concentrate on finishing his high school season before he even starts taking official visits. Unless he has a change of heart, it doesn't seem like he'd be the type to give us the good news we'd like anytime soon, if we are recruiting him. Seems like a good kid with the right priorities, from what little I've read.

Crazy to think we’re not. I mean there’s always the chance he’s not interested or whatever but I mean I doubt that. We should be all over this kid.

JB only recruits those that express interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom