Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Usually I tend to agree but theres still some time here with this one and he made the pick right before his visit not after his bama visit. Also strange how little the recruiting gurus seem to think of us when it comes to these type of 5 star recruits. I hope the quietness is a good thing and Red is closing on this one. If it came down to us and UK I would be more skeptical but I'd give us a chance any day of the week against bama. His bama visit is this weekend so things will probably start getting fun real soon.
With Red as the primary recruiter and JB heavily involved, I think that gives us a real shot. We’ll see if other crystal balls come in for Cuse or Bama. With Guerrier, another recruitment that was somewhat shrouded in mystery, the crystal ball picks were divided between us and Oregon at the end, and according to Dean last fall, both staffs thought they had him. In the end he chose us. So who knows how this plays out. But would rather see Meyer picking us at this stage.

Last edited:
Just because I know everyone puts so much stock into crystal balls around here. The way things are unfolding for UK it seems like it will he a bama/cuse showdown. I get the Michigan angle with oats and him being a young coach but I cant even imagine a 5 star player picking bama over cuse for basketball. Most recruiting guys seem to give the nod to bama with very little cuse talk...just seems crazy but I'm orange biased.

Word from the Michigan prep circuit is that Bama is a solid front runner right now. We're swimming upstream, unfortunately.

We’d have a much better shot at landing Hop than Oates as JB’s successor. How could anyone think otherwise? Hop is an alum with three decades worth of ties to Syracuse University. Oates has none.
Oates has upstate roots including the fact he grew up an SU fan. His head coaching success, thus far, is considerable.

UW will PAY to keep Hop, and Hop’s got West Coast roots while still succeeding recruiting the East.

Why return?

With Red as the primary recruiter and JB heavily involved, I think that gives us a real shot. We’ll see if other crystal balls come in for Cuse or Bama. With Guerrier, another recruitment that was somewhat shrouded in mystery, the crystal ball picks were somewhat divided between us and Oregon at the end, and according to Dean last fall, both staffs thought they had him. In the end he chose us. So who knows how this plays out. But would rather see Meyer picking us at this stage though.
I'm no insider but I would of bet my entire life savings Quincy was coming to cuse regardless of what any insiders or media was saying. His visit and time spent with players was nothing close to what his other visits were like or relationship with other teams players. His recruitment was so obvious he was coming to cuse (at least to me ot was) I hope Isaiah and his family choose a basketball school with a great history, huge fan base, best conference and hof coach over a up and comer at a football factory.

Oats is getting unlimited money from the university to build this program. Hence why they will be in the running for a lot of recruits in my opinion. Football drives that machine at Bama and it’s a major draw for every sport there with recruiting. Alabama will be what it should have become with Avery Johnson and some so I can’t fault IJ for being interested in Bama. Realllllly just hope the “oh my god we suck because we lost a recruit to a football school” Conversations start if he does decide to go there because they are doing all the right things

I know it's not over but people asked the question in the Andre Jackson thread so I'll pose it here.

What happens if this kid doesn't commit? What would your thoughts be on the recruiting efforts of the staff then?

SEC football money has definitely been helping their basketball programs.

I know it's not over but people asked the question in the Andre Jackson thread so I'll pose it here.

What happens if this kid doesn't commit? What would your thoughts be on the recruiting efforts of the staff then?

I think people need to become more educated on how many factors coaches can actually control when it comes to recruiting. Not to discuss my own recruitment, but I got recruited by several powerhouse Division I golf programs and didn’t even consider some simply Bc of their schedule and their home golf course. You never know what truly matters to these kids and everyone wants to put so much emphasis on coaches and what they do and don’t do ... I think it’s pretty crazy if you ask me

family, and have you ever been to the Pacific NW? Seattle is going down the tubes but it is still a lively place in an awesome setting. coaching Cuse would be an honor for Hop but leaving UW is unlikely as long as they are playing well. If they are not playing well, we would be less likely to offer. That train left the station - our mistake.

Oates has upstate roots including the fact he grew up an SU fan. His head coaching success, thus far, is considerable.

UW will PAY to keep Hop, and Hop’s got West Coast roots while still succeeding recruiting the East.

Why return?

We don’t know what the money will be. Maybe Cuse offers more? If so, there’s one possible reason.

He’s an SU alum and coached here for 25 years - he must’ve liked it.

Syracuse is a better basketball school with a much bigger fanbase, and gets much more media attention.

You can make the NCAA tournament just finishing in the middle of the ACC. You can win the Pac-12 and get the same seed a middle of the pack ACC team would. This league is the big time and it’s treated accordingly.

You can win a national championship at Syracuse. Very, very unlikely at Washington.

And ISAIAH JACKSON should come here for a lot of the same reasons! This is the big stage of college b-ball. You go to Syracuse to play in the NCAA tourney, compete for a championship, play in front of the most people, and go to the NBA.

His wife is from Liverpool and the PAC12 is trash.
I get what your saying but if he keeps getting 5 star talent and making the tournament then it doesnt really matter that the pac12 sucks. If his wife really loves the 315 then that's a different story. I'm sure he will give us serious thought...will be fun times around here when JB hangs it up.

I get what your saying but if he keeps getting 5 star talent and making the tournament then it doesnt really matter that the pac12 sucks. If his wife really loves the 315 then that's a different story. I'm sure he will give us serious thought...will be fun times around here when JB hangs it up.

Yeah they won 25 games and were an 9 seed after winning 15 conference games. That will get old quick.

I also was going to live in New York City at one point forever until I wasn't. Things change.

Back to Isaiah Jackson folks.

Be smart about this Isaiah and family...
PhotoGrid_1571780344695.jpg

Word from the Michigan prep circuit is that Bama is a solid front runner right now. We're swimming upstream, unfortunately.
Ugh. I just don’t see how JB and SU aren’t able to beat Ala-freakin-bama and a coach who’s unproven at the P5 level for a top 25 recruit. Oats is gonna be good but come on. We gotta win these battles, especially if UK isn’t in the drivers seat.

Ugh. I just don’t see how JB and SU aren’t able to beat Ala-freakin-bama and a coach who’s unproven at the P5 level for a top 25 recruit. Oats is gonna be good but come on. We gotta win these battles, especially if UK isn’t in the drivers seat.
1. Top 100 not top 25.

2. He hasn’t committed yet so hold off on the declaratives cause some rumors were spread.

Agree completely. This is stacking up to be one we should win. Oats has only been at Bama for 5 months, so it’s not like he’s been recruiting him for 4 years. I get they’re both from Michigan, but it’s time we won one of these battles. We can’t keep making excuses about why we are losing kids we need and want.

Last edited:

Why return?
Why return? 25-30 Years spent at a school as a player and assistant coach. Deep Deep ties and loyalty to the school. Why do you think Roy left Kansas? The alma mater is a strong draw, especially with a program of Cuse’s stature. The PAC-12 will never be as good as the ACC, and recruiting is much more far flung out there. Can he get UW consistently better than Oregon, UCLA, USC and Arizona? Those programs have recruiting advantages that UW doesn’t have.

Agree completely. This is stacking up to be one we should win. Oats has only been at Bama for 5 months, so it’s not like he’s been recruiting him for 4 years. I get they’re both from Michigan, but it’s time we won this. We can’t keep making excuses about why we are losing kids we need and want.
Your expecting too much out of our program. We need to realize we are going up against a program with football money who is doing the right things and taking their program to new heights with a new and young coach. We cant compete with that and need to except it. Lots of reasons other then just a coach as to why kids choose a school/program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom