Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

1. Top 100 not top 25.

2. He hasn’t committed yet so hold off on the declaratives cause some rumors were spread.
Fair enough on #2. We’ll see how it plays out.

Don’t you think Hop considers Syracuse home as much as he does Southern Cal or Seattle?
Of course but Tricia(?) Is the wild card. She or most coaches wives will support their husbands career but being a coaches wife had to really suck. I would hope Hop would want to return back here also.

Your expecting too much out of our program. We need to realize we are going up against a program with football money who is doing the right things and taking their program to new heights with a new and young coach. We cant compete with that and need to except it. Lots of reasons other then just a coach as to why kids choose a school/program.

Yeah, lol. It’s time to let our nuts hang.

I’m in the wrong thread. Disregard number 1
giphy.gif

Andre Jackson: Grew up a Cuse fan, was a priority recruit for years, is from upstate NYC, played on AAU with our players - doesn’t go to Cuse. Has been falling in the recruiting rankings

Kadary - no known ties to Cuse besides being from Brooklyn, we offer and he commits a week later. Rising kid currently top 100.

No one ever knows what kids are thinking or what they’ll do.

there are many reasons that a kid will ultimately decide to choose a school, the likelihood of immediate playing time is probably foremost.

our perceptions of the schools' relative basketball legacies will not be among them.

if he comes to syracuse, he is going to see 4 guys 6-9 or taller on the roster ahead of him. 2 of them will be seniors with tons of experience. as well as diamond stud quincy guerrier the lock to start at the 4 if he decides to return.

there is no similar competiton on the alabama roster

that may well be the bottom line, even though i think isaiah would be a standout in the syracuse system. but my opinion counts for less than nothing

there are many reasons that a kid will ultimately decide to choose a school, the likelihood of immediate playing time is probably foremost.

our perceptions of the schools' relative basketball legacies will not be among them.

if he comes to syracuse, he is going to see 4 guys 6-9 or taller on the roster ahead of him. 2 of them will be seniors with tons of experience. as well as diamond stud quincy guerrier the lock to start at the 4 if he decides to return.

there is no similar competiton on the alabama roster

that may well be the bottom line, even though i think isaiah would be a standout in the syracuse system. but my opinion counts for less than nothing
I get what your saying...but your telling me a 5 star stud that's a top 25 kid being recruited by the likes of UK is thinking he will be buried on the bench behind our current roster of guys. A team that's picked to be like 10th in the acc and be NIT bound. I dont believe our current roster will be a deciding factor in his decision. It's going to be coach/relationship with current players on each team and who they think will get their kid to the league. Business decision. Our roster isnt scaring anyone away. Quincy and Eli will be gone anyways.

I get what your saying...but your telling me a 5 star stud that's a top 25 kid being recruited by the likes of UK is thinking he will be buried on the bench behind our current roster of guys. A team that's picked to be like 10th in the acc and be NIT bound. I dont believe our current roster will be a deciding factor in his decision. It's going to be coach/relationship with current players on each team and who they think will get their kid to the league. Business decision. Our roster isnt scaring anyone away. Quincy and Eli will be gone anyways.

who knows how he ranks the importance of various factors. but guaranteed pt vs competition for pt. has got to be a key factor in the business equation

who knows how he ranks the importance of various factors. but guaranteed pt vs competition for pt. has got to be a key factor in the business equation
Yea...guaranteed hes not worried about our current roster and pt at our school. Not even a thought. So u can count that out of this decision. This isnt the andre Jackson thread. Now if your talking about UKs roster then yea thats definitely a conversation he is having with his family. Kid is playing right away at cuse or bama.

Yea...guaranteed hes not worried about our current roster and pt at our school. Not even a thought. So u can count that out of this decision. Now if your talking about UKs roster then yea thats definitely a conversation he is having with his family. Kid is playing right away at cuse or bama.
of course he would play. that's not the point. the point is how much and how much would he be featured.
the answers to both are "more" at alabama. given their roster, probably a whole hell of a lot more

of course he would play. that's not the point. the point is how much and how much would he be featured.
the answers to both are "more" at alabama. given their roster, probably a whole hell of a lot more

Is their roster that weak? 20-16 and 18-16 the last two years. Not impressive but not horrible. Did they lose a lot? I know nothing about them for basically the last 2 decades beyond having a general idea of their w/l records.

Is their roster that weak? 20-16 and 18-16 the last two years. Not impressive but not horrible. Did they lose a lot? I know nothing about them for basically the last 2 decades beyond having a general idea of their w/l records.
they've got 1 guy 6-9 or taller on the roster; he played 13.5 mpg last year and 12 the year before.
they've got 1 incoming freshman 6-9 or taller, originally recruited by oats at buffalo
they've got nobody in the class of 2020

We’d have a much better shot at landing Hop than Oates as JB’s successor. How could anyone think otherwise? Hop is an alum with three decades worth of ties to Syracuse University. Oates has none.
Hop is making his own path: SU is rear view mirror. For Oates, it's still a destination.
(Hop's wife/kids are of course a wild card.)

It just shocks me sometimes when it comes to recruiting how entitled this fan base can be as far as “not losing kids to Bama” is concerned... SU has 2 more wins than Bama in last 2 years. 2! And yet it would be crazyyyy and a huge loss for the staff if he decides to go to Bama ? Kids are in the present. They don’t live in the past and think that a team from 8 years ago at SU matters... like the posts say above you can’t ever determine what these kids want but it is wild to see some of these takes on the staff and recruiting... Maybe the kid wants to play for a charismatic younger coach ? Is that an SU staff problem that the coach is old ? This could go on forever but everyone needs to stop thinking “we shouldn’t lose recruits to schools like Bama” because honestly SU hasn’t done that much more in recent history with wins or draft picks ...

And no I’m not sold yet he goes to Bama. Just stating an opinion from watching this unfold

Anyone know Jim Boeheim's record versus Alabama or the SEC?

If he's the best; likely, he will be featured most.

It just shocks me sometimes when it comes to recruiting how entitled this fan base can be as far as “not losing kids to Bama” is concerned... SU has 2 more wins than Bama in last 2 years. 2! And yet it would be crazyyyy and a huge loss for the staff if he decides to go to Bama ? Kids are in the present. They don’t live in the past and think that a team from 8 years ago at SU matters... like the posts say above you can’t ever determine what these kids want but it is wild to see some of these takes on the staff and recruiting... Maybe the kid wants to play for a charismatic younger coach ? Is that an SU staff problem that the coach is old ? This could go on forever but everyone needs to stop thinking “we shouldn’t lose recruits to schools like Bama” because honestly SU hasn’t done that much more in recent history with wins or draft picks ...

And no I’m not sold yet he goes to Bama. Just stating an opinion from watching this unfold

Fair enough. Not that it’s the end all be all, but I gotta think SU leading the nation in attendance still counts for something with a lot of kids.

I know past SU players often comment on how big time that feel is at Cuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom