Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

If that was his feeling he should have committed 3 months ago and spared everyone the circus. And UK doesn't turn anyone into a pro. They recruit the elite players who would all be pros out of high school if the NBA would allow it.

100% correct!

The disappointment on here is palpable. I get that. But to not give it a shot? I don't buy that. It's sort of like McMurphy says in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest": "Well, I tried, didn't I. Goddamnit, at least I tried ..." I think we had to at least hope that maybe this time we could do it ...

Oh, no question. I’m not faulting SU for making the effort. The kid even reached out to SU. But I just never felt we were getting him. Kids who commit to SU generally do it rather quickly, not long after visiting. When it comes down to a longer wait, a big announcement and a school like Kentucky is involved, SU usually doesn’t fare well. It is what it is.

ok, after thinking about it, there’s just no way I could see this kid beating out a senior Sidibe. And a sophomore Jesse Edwards has just as high of an upside as the backup C.

This is a slightly more wordy version of my pre-Written “option number 2” statement, and yes, I am going with this.
yup. and the slovenian army knife will be ensconced at the 4

but he'll be a rotation piece in kentucky, as well

I’m all in on Edwards. He’s raw, but has already flashed big man skills we haven’t seen in a long time. He also has very limited time playing basketball. Really think he progresses into a very well rounded and fundamentally sound big man.
i think he will also be able to play some at the 4 as well

Prediction: won't be a one and done. Will struggle to find his fit at UK. Will transfer into Bolivian.

We have 2 prototype SU 4* recruits coming in next year. IJ would have been great in our system, but life goes on. Benny Williams and Elijah Hutchins-Everett or Franck Kepnang and will be back where we need to be.

you mean of isaiah's "developing" offense, i presume
I always liked sidibe’s footwork and figured he could be capable on offense. But his knees have really hurt him. And the last few years his fouls per 40 minutes is historically bad. He made some great plays against Colgate but if you cannot elevate or don’t have above average body control, you’re going to have a tough time against acc size, length, and athleticism. We will see because it’s so critical he’s effective. Marek at the five just can’t happen for extended minutes (and it will).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom