Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

We think Izzo was bad then too. He has struggled to deal with a zone as long as I remember. Generally when Izzo gets a one and done they get picked high.
Izzo didn't just fail to adjust to the SU zone. He made terrible decisions defensively too. The last six minutes of that game we had Bayer (a walk on point guard) playing because Frank Howard fouled out. Izzo didn't try to press, and he made no adjustments to try prevent Tyus or Oshae from scoring. Had to be one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen. JB was brilliant, on the other hand. No disrespect meant... I like Izzo, but I question some of his coaching strategies. JB is IMO a better coach than Izzo, and I'd definitely point this out to Isaiah Jackson if it comes down to the two of us.

Last edited:
Isaiah Jackson, folks. Izzo can be discussed on the main board. Thanks.

Just curious... if we are discussing how to recruit Isaiah Jackson, and he lists SU and MSU as choices, isn't some head to head comparison of coaches warranted in this thread? JB has out coached Izzo, and that's a selling point.

Just curious... if we are discussing how to recruit Isaiah Jackson, and he lists SU and MSU as choices, isn't some head to head comparison of coaches warranted in this thread? JB has out coached Izzo, and that's a selling point.
Nope - connected but OT with a high probability of derailing the recruiting thread. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of JB vs. Izzo, just start a thread on the main board. I can even move some of the posts here to that thread.

6'9 top-15 2020 Isaiah Jackson received an invite to the USA Basketball Mini Camp Final Four weekend in Minneapolis and went. Arguably quickest leaper in high school who is having monster year.

Last edited:
Izzo didn't just fail to adjust to the SU zone. He made terrible decisions defensively too. The last six minutes of that game we had Bayer (a walk on point guard) playing because Frank Howard fouled out. Izzo didn't try to press, and he made no adjustments to try prevent Tyus or Oshae from scoring. Had to be one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen. JB was brilliant, on the other hand. No disrespect meant... I like Izzo, but I question some of his coaching strategies. JB is IMO a better coach than Izzo, and I'd definitely point this out to Isaiah Jackson if it comes down to the two of us.

I like Izzo a lot, but "toughness" is not always the answer.
He does seem a bit weak as an x's and o's coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom