Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Side note, Juwan Howard, who’s never coached a game before, is already in a two school race for a top 10 kid. We’ve got to do a better job of recruiting. JB even said it in his radio interview last year. Hopefully we land Isaiah!
Did Juwan Howard hold onto some of Beilein’s assistants? If that’s the case, that could be helping him out since many recruiting relationships have already been established.

I’m still hopeful we can steal Isaiah from U.K.!

from kentucky sports radio so take it fwiw but figured I'd share. The kentucky media have all been pretty consistent with not even giving us a outside shot at landing him.

"2020 top-25 prospect Isaiah Jackson recently trimmed his list to three, with Kentucky, Alabama, and Syracuse making the final cut. The bouncy 6-foot-9 forward recently took an official visit to UK, with the Kentucky coaching staff following it up with back-to-back visits to see him at his school and home in the weeks following. As Todd’s recruitment fizzled out, Jackson’s ramped up.

With the five-star expected to commit in the coming weeks and sign in mid-November, it’s apparent that Kentucky feels solid about their chances to secure a signature from the Waterford, MI native. Alabama remains a solid threat, and he will take his official visit to Tuscaloosa on the weekend of October 25, but it appears his decision will come down to the Wildcats and Crimson Tide."

from kentucky sports radio so take it fwiw but figured I'd share. The kentucky media have all been pretty consistent with not even giving us a outside shot at landing him.

"2020 top-25 prospect Isaiah Jackson recently trimmed his list to three, with Kentucky, Alabama, and Syracuse making the final cut. The bouncy 6-foot-9 forward recently took an official visit to UK, with the Kentucky coaching staff following it up with back-to-back visits to see him at his school and home in the weeks following. As Todd’s recruitment fizzled out, Jackson’s ramped up.

With the five-star expected to commit in the coming weeks and sign in mid-November, it’s apparent that Kentucky feels solid about their chances to secure a signature from the Waterford, MI native. Alabama remains a solid threat, and he will take his official visit to Tuscaloosa on the weekend of October 25, but it appears his decision will come down to the Wildcats and Crimson Tide."
To funny...This article is shocking I say!! Shocking!! This is exactly the last thing I expected to read from a UK knob gobber! Quick send the word out far and wide...Kentucky writer says it's all Kentucky pretty much at this point!

What is the saying, "beware the outlier." Did I make that up? Man it be sweet to steal this one right away from Cal and that football school down south.

I love how you make it sound as if it’s always been this way. The recruiting failures are only a recent thing - last 5-6 years. it used to be fun following the recruiting developments because we won our fair share of prizes. Still remember pitino’s quote about not getting Fab Melo. This is not Syracuse and fans shouldn’t be going around telling other fans that we need to bend over and get used to it.

Julius Hodge says hi.

What is the saying, "beware the outlier." Did I make that up? Man it be sweet to steal this one right away from Cal and that football school down south.

Hope so. I was VERY encouraged by what the father had to say after their visit. I wish we could have secured the commitment right then and there -- especially with kentucky now putting on the full court press.

We had a ton of momentum coming out of that visit -- hate to see it potentially cool off.

And please note, I'm not suggesting that all hope is lost, that we can't still land this kid, etc. Just that in the cadence of how this was unfolding, I hope that we didn't miss our "best" chance to reel him in due to the Alabama visit being so far out.

Hope so. I was VERY encouraged by what the father had to say after their visit. I wish we could have secured the commitment right then and there -- especially with kentucky now putting on the full court press.

We had a ton of momentum coming out of that visit -- hate to see it potentially cool off.

And please note, I'm not suggesting that all hope is lost, that we can't still land this kid, etc. Just that in the cadence of how this was unfolding, I hope that we didn't miss our "best" chance to reel him in due to the Alabama visit being so far out.
i believe we remain in regular contact

I think this is the fun part. No one really knows where he is going. The U.K. Press thinks it's between Alabama and them. We think it is between us and U.K. Per our guy with info. Who knows what bama thinks is going on. We may lose out but he reached out to us so there is that...

of course. You're good. No need to pay any attention to nonsense like Scott11's ridiculous question. we appreciate your contribution.
I appreciate his contributions as well. I just would hate to see him get burned by making a mistake he didn’t intend and lose a relationship or friendship because of it.

I appreciate his contributions as well. I just would hate to see him get burned by making a mistake he didn’t intend and lose a relationship or friendship because of it.
That is his call. Nothing personal, but exhorting insiders is looking a gift horse in the mouth. Recruiting is a fickle process that is impossible to predict, even for the staff. Let's be happy with the nuggets we get.

Last edited:

If you drill down into the article, UK may be prioritizing or favoring other PF recruits over Jackson—or may recruit other guys to compete with him for PT after he signs, including Greg Brown, Scottie Barnes, Jonathan Kuminga, etc. He’d be The Priority here and the BMOC. So hopefully we can pull the surprise and land him.

If you drill down into the article, UK may be prioritizing or favoring other PF recruits over Jackson—or may recruit other guys to compete with him for PT after he signs, including Greg Brown, Scottie Barnes, Jonathan Kuminga, etc. He’d be The Priority here and the BMOC. So hopefully we can pull the surprise and land him.
It would be nice but with the way things have gone in recruiting why get our hopes up?

It really doesnt matter what the uk media says or thinks. Thats like asking a barber if you need a haircut. However, based strictly on past performance, i would say uk has the lead because they tend to land a lot of these top ranked players.

Like I said always, This will be a Bama Cuse race... UK has too many offers out and they are not focused on just IJ. Cuse is and Bama is. I think IJ wants to be a priority and program changer... Also, if he picks Bama it’s bc of the Coach. Michigan Guy through and through and can’t blame the kid if that’s his choice but still really like SU chances

Like I said always, This will be a Bama Cuse race... UK has too many offers out and they are not focused on just IJ. Cuse is and Bama is. I think IJ wants to be a priority and program changer... Also, if he picks Bama it’s bc of the Coach. Michigan Guy through and through and can’t blame the kid if that’s his choice but still really like SU chances

Didnt someone already come here and say that Bama is out? IJ said they are out of the running and that he is going as a courtesy...I feel like I read that on here, but it may have been one of the voices in my head also.

Didnt someone already come here and say that Bama is out? IJ said they are out of the running and that he is going as a courtesy...I feel like I read that on here, but it may have been one of the voices in my head also.

no you are right

I like the way this is trending

Only thing I see here that could bring Bama in this is the coach. I should have been more specific in earlier post. I wasn’t clear my apologies... haven’t had any confirmation here but SU remains in excellent spot. Also, think it’s coincidence Cal goes searching after a visit to IJ? Hmmmmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom