Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard from a few people that Stewart was saying he wants Duke. He is just being cautious that they don't take too many other bigs. Duke is the leader here don't doubt it.

Dukes been murdering us since 2014

Don’t know why we are still recruiting this guy seems like a complete waist of time

Dukes been murdering us since 2014
And everyone else. They’re eating Kentucky’s lunch too.

I do think kids like O’Connell and Tucker will eventually realize they’re better off elsewhere and then those #35-#70 kids will stop going to Duke. UK at least plays everyone, Duke only plays their 6 best guys

They’re eating Kentucky’s lunch too.
While it's not fun watching Duke get all these kids, it's funny seeing Cal blasting them, complaining about the one and done system and scrambling. He's signing whoever he can which happens to be PGs at the moment. It may benefit us directly in the near future.

They already have.
Well, a hot three years doesn't make up for a lifetime of games. We have a good lead on them in head to head. We finished way ahead of them in the all time Big East standings. We have been to more final fours. They have us on titles. So do other programs that I don't concede are ahead of us.

Well, a hot three years doesn't make up for a lifetime of games. We have a good lead on them in head to head. We finished way ahead of them in the all time Big East standings. We have been to more final fours. They have us on titles. So do other programs that I don't concede are ahead of us.
All that & yet, in your own words, getting Stewart would mean they've "passed us by"?

My apologies if that was sarcasm.

Unfortunately, I still feel this one ends up Duke. He reminds me of Elton Brand in some regards. Hope I'm wrong and he ends up Orange!

Unfortunately Nova will be better than us again next year. We will most likely be a mid tier ACC team again.

`
Unfortunately, I still feel this one ends up Duke. He reminds me of Elton Brand in some regards. Hope I'm wrong and he ends up Orange!
I remember when we felt that Elton Brand was going to end up playing for the Cuse. That was a let down, also. Hope that this one does not end up the same way.

From the video I've seen, Stewart looks like he'd be a perfect fit for Nova.

Like many programs, Villanova's success has been based on the work of one great coach. For that matter, so has ours.
We'll really be a top program when that success goes from one coaching tenure to another.

Like many programs, Villanova's success has been based on the work of one great coach. For that matter, so has ours.
We'll really be a top program when that success goes from one coaching tenure to another.
Very good point. The likelihood of that happening for us is greater than it happening for Nova.

Very good point. The likelihood of that happening for us is greater than it happening for Nova.
It all depends on the person choosing the coach. Let's hope that Wildhack (or whoever is AD when JB retires!) is up to the challenge.

While it's not fun watching Duke get all these kids, it's funny seeing Cal blasting them, complaining about the one and done system and scrambling. He's signing whoever he can which happens to be PGs at the moment. It may benefit us directly in the near future.
I agree that is my favorite part of the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.