Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this kid is a stud. NBA body already. Probably wise not to get the hopes up with this kid, sigh.

I don’t understand why so many are saying that? We’ve traditionally done pretty well with Upstate kids that we really want.

Yeah I believe Jake had said that we will make his final list but won’t be the choice

I don’t understand why so many are saying that? We’ve traditionally done pretty well with Upstate kids that we really want.

Well, this guy is much better than even a Thomas Bryant. A certain pod we no longer have the luxury to listen to didn’t really make me feel warm and fuzzy about the chances of landing him last time he was discussed.

Boom! I thought Cole Anthony was going to get this. Glad he didn't and Zay got rewarded. He was a beast all weekend and helped City Rocks go 4-0 in ATL.

Honestly I think we should throw everything we've got at this kid.
in another era, maybe. he's got an nba body already. i would think if bazeley is remotely successful in his g league experiment then it would be a serious option for a man child like stewart, too.

Aiden I, Stewart, or Kofi are the three guys I want most for 2019. Any of these three would be amazing. Steward I like because he's a NY kid. Aiden I think is a beast (he's my favorite), and Kofi is really solid too. We'll have a starting spot vacant. Let's do this!!!

The City Rocks lost to Bluff City, but Stewart (19 points, 6 boards, 2 blocks) took it to the "#1" guy (Wiseman) in the '19 class...

Last edited:
Stewart the rebounding monster... who had 16 and 13 (just another double, double) last night in a 3 point loss to CIA Bounce.

Corey Evans mentions how Stewart will be cutting his list soon (as we already know) and mentions 6 school that hope to make among others. He oddly leaves out Syracuse as I expect us to make the cut. May not be the one but I'd be very surprised if we didn't make his final 5 or 6 or however he breaks it down.

Last edited:
Isaiah had 18 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 4 blocks in a 21 point win over Bradley Beal Elite...

Last edited:
He would definitely be a force down low . Some muscle and intimidation that’s needed.

After reading the article on Syracuse.com yesterday about Stewart, I was not particularly encouraged about the prospect of him suiting up in Orange. In the article it states, "He will, at some point, break some coaches' hearts. Stewart will return to Rochester for a few days this week and at that point plans to trim his list to a more manageable six or eight schools."

Later in the article there is a direct quote from Stewart, stating, ""It's hard to say 'No' to a school," he said. "You get in these relationships with these schools and it's tough. But at the end of the day you can only say 'yes' to one school. So I have really great relationships with some of these schools and I'm going to have to cut off some of these schools and be honest with them and let them recruit somebody else."

The schools mentioned in the article included: Duke, Michigan State, Indiana, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Villanova, Georgetown, Louisville, Kansas and Texas.

The quote from Stewart about having to say no to schools with whom you have a relationship made me ask... Of the schools listed above, with whom has he forged a close relationship, who would stand to lose the most by not landing him? Unfortunately, I think that's Syracuse. Stewart is an upstate NY kid, and a postion of need. How could he possibly have forged a great relationship with Louisville? Their staff has changed. Texas??? Notre Dame??? I hope I'm wrong, and the interest in Syracuse is still there, but the wording of this article didn't sit well with me. I'm thinking he's going to Duke, or another blue blood. Maybe we'll make his final 4-6 schools, but I just don't see him signing here.

So guess the real question is why we can’t keep best guys in our own back yard at home? If he was in NC he would never leave the state. What about the about the program makes us unattractive to the best players in the State?

This is the kind of talent we offer money. Lets start a go fund me page ...

Status
Not open for further replies.