Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guess the real question is why we can’t keep best guys in our own back yard at home? If he was in NC he would never leave the state. What about the about the program makes us unattractive to the best players in the State?
He’s really good and drawing interest from all the big guys...that’s a reason

So guess the real question is why we can’t keep best guys in our own back yard at home? If he was in NC he would never leave the state. What about the about the program makes us unattractive to the best players in the State?
Cuomo. I blame him for the population decline. Rent is to damn high.

So we are not one the big guys.? It was not too long ago we were the ranked the number one team in the country .Didn't we just beat Michigan State?

the fans

Ugh...top 10 shhmop 10! I dislike when kids do this just to prolong the dance...everyone knows the kid has a offer from pretty much every school in the country but the talk has been mainly a handful of schools. How bout u give us a top 5! Anyways, I'd fully expect us to make the top 10 so let's all get super excited! :)

After reading the article on Syracuse.com yesterday about Stewart, I was not particularly encouraged about the prospect of him suiting up in Orange. In the article it states, "He will, at some point, break some coaches' hearts. Stewart will return to Rochester for a few days this week and at that point plans to trim his list to a more manageable six or eight schools."

Later in the article there is a direct quote from Stewart, stating, ""It's hard to say 'No' to a school," he said. "You get in these relationships with these schools and it's tough. But at the end of the day you can only say 'yes' to one school. So I have really great relationships with some of these schools and I'm going to have to cut off some of these schools and be honest with them and let them recruit somebody else."

The schools mentioned in the article included: Duke, Michigan State, Indiana, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Villanova, Georgetown, Louisville, Kansas and Texas.

The quote from Stewart about having to say no to schools with whom you have a relationship made me ask... Of the schools listed above, with whom has he forged a close relationship, who would stand to lose the most by not landing him? Unfortunately, I think that's Syracuse. Stewart is an upstate NY kid, and a postion of need. How could he possibly have forged a great relationship with Louisville? Their staff has changed. Texas??? Notre Dame??? I hope I'm wrong, and the interest in Syracuse is still there, but the wording of this article didn't sit well with me. I'm thinking he's going to Duke, or another blue blood. Maybe we'll make his final 4-6 schools, but I just don't see him signing here.
Overanalyze much?

Good grief, let it play out.

Come on we all know he could trim his list to 2-3 schools. We all know which ones.

Since UK and Kansas aren't on his list -- it's a safe bet he's going to Duke.

To me it's a good sign that both SU and Wash are on his list. Indicates that Hop made a favorable impression from the outset with him, and our staff has continued that in the aftermath of Hop's departure.

I'm sure the fact he's from ROC doesn't hurt.

After reading the article on Syracuse.com yesterday about Stewart, I was not particularly encouraged about the prospect of him suiting up in Orange. In the article it states, "He will, at some point, break some coaches' hearts. Stewart will return to Rochester for a few days this week and at that point plans to trim his list to a more manageable six or eight schools."

Later in the article there is a direct quote from Stewart, stating, ""It's hard to say 'No' to a school," he said. "You get in these relationships with these schools and it's tough. But at the end of the day you can only say 'yes' to one school. So I have really great relationships with some of these schools and I'm going to have to cut off some of these schools and be honest with them and let them recruit somebody else."

The schools mentioned in the article included: Duke, Michigan State, Indiana, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Villanova, Georgetown, Louisville, Kansas and Texas.

The quote from Stewart about having to say no to schools with whom you have a relationship made me ask... Of the schools listed above, with whom has he forged a close relationship, who would stand to lose the most by not landing him? Unfortunately, I think that's Syracuse. Stewart is an upstate NY kid, and a postion of need. How could he possibly have forged a great relationship with Louisville? Their staff has changed. Texas??? Notre Dame??? I hope I'm wrong, and the interest in Syracuse is still there, but the wording of this article didn't sit well with me. I'm thinking he's going to Duke, or another blue blood. Maybe we'll make his final 4-6 schools, but I just don't see him signing here.

Maybe he's referring to Washington and his relationship with Hop along with Indiana and Notre Dame due to his time in prep school in Indiana. I'm sure he's built relationships with all 3, and perhaps he wants to cut them off his list. I'm not saying Syracuse is in or out, but I would think he'd be more likely to drop Washington, IN and Notre Dame before Syracuse which is closer to his hometown. Georgetown might be another he has built up a relationship with, but maybe he just doesn't want to go there. I'm kind of stumped myself as to why he has TX and Louisville on his list. Maybe he's built relationships with the new coaches there, and he is referring to them. Who really knows.

Maybe he's referring to Washington and his relationship with Hop along with Indiana and Notre Dame due to his time in prep school in Indiana. I'm sure he's built relationships with all 3, and perhaps he wants to cut them off his list. I'm not saying Syracuse is in or out, but I would think he'd be more likely to drop Washington, IN and Notre Dame before Syracuse which is closer to his hometown. Georgetown might be another he has built up a relationship with, but maybe he just doesn't want to go there. I'm kind of stumped myself as to why he has TX and Louisville on his list. Maybe he's built relationships with the new coaches there, and he is referring to them. Who really knows.
I like your take better than mine. Hope you're right. He'd be a heck of a recruit to land. Fingers crossed.

Outside of Duke I think Texas is our biggest threat from what’s been said.

Nova scares me here due to the offense they run and the skill set Stewart possesses. He’s they perfect 5 man in their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.