Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very positive that the staff covered so much ground seemingly very quickly in the Girard recruitment. We may not land both, likely will not. But if we land girard it shows JB and more so G Mac have the ability to make things happen to put our progrAm in the best position to land the upper echelon recruits.

Top 10 guys enter their senior years waiting for UK and Duke offers and consider the nba if they don’t get them. What we can do is land pieces close to these blue chips and hope to draw them in.

Once we have Girard we can try to further entice Stewart with representing NY state, our draft track record, and a number of other advantages we have once a recruit is actually interested.

I find it very positive that the staff covered so much ground seemingly very quickly in the Girard recruitment. We may not land both, likely will not. But if we land girard it shows JB and more so G Mac have the ability to make things happen to put our progrAm in the best position to land the upper echelon recruits.

Top 10 guys enter their senior years waiting for UK and Duke offers and consider the nba if they don’t get them. What we can do is land pieces close to these blue chips and hope to draw them in.

Once we have Girard we can try to further entice Stewart with representing NY state, our draft track record, and a number of other advantages we have once a recruit is actually interested.

Pure speculation here...I think Girard's recruitment took off once JB/staff started to show genuine interest in him and not the other way around.

Strongly believe that Girard's influence on Stewart's commitment will be marginal at best.

Pure speculation here...I think Girard's recruitment took off once JB/staff started to show genuine interest in him and not the other way around.

Strongly believe that Girard's influence on Stewart's commitment will be marginal at best.

Agreed.

There can be two thoughts on Girard as a top 100 30+ offer recruit.

1. 75% his offers are committable (including SU) the others are qualifying offers for the Stewart saga and Girard can commit if and when it becomes clear that packaging the two is a real possibility.

2. Girard’s a true top 100 recruit and will be pursued by teams for extra scoring and shooting. You cannot ignore his numbers and hes becoming increasingly productive in AAU. “Never too many shooters”.

I think theres truth to both but JB knows talent and he’s grabbing him whether it involves stewart or not. I wasnt sure with this recruit before but JB wants him so i trust it

One last look with JG3 at center court to celebrate with the big fella and almost gets trucked. ..

Another view of his game winner...

Only issue there is he allowed himself to get boxed out by 3 guys. In HS he can jump over them and still be the hero. Won't happen in college.

Only issue there is he allowed himself to get boxed out by 3 guys. In HS he can jump over them and still be the hero. Won't happen in college.

bc305eea0303ada95a74943626c94015_f72b6df55e2fc92913d67bf6798d5783.jpg

I think 3 guys on Stewart will open up some nice offensive rebounding opportunities for other players on the court.

He's Terry Catledge with better sneakers. Carlos Boozer w/o the beard.

Another double-double from yesterday...
7-14 field, 7-8 line. 1 assist. 1 block.

Status
Not open for further replies.