Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if I misinterpreted your original post, but it seemed like you were insinuating that if Hop were at SU, then it would have significantly increased our chances of landing IS. I'm not so sure that's true, based on the general vibe throughout his recruitment that he wanted to go away from home for school.
No you're right, I was saying that. I think he has a very strong connection to Hop, and that is what won this recruitment (or will on Sunday) That said, tough to know if he just wants to go away. If so, Hop moving was probably an awesome development for him. He gets a coach he trusts and loves and gets to experience a new state and part of the country.

No you're right, I was saying that. I think he has a very strong connection to Hop, and that is what won this recruitment (or will on Sunday) That said, tough to know if he just wants to go away. If so, Hop moving was probably an awesome development for him. He gets a coach he trusts and loves and gets to experience a new state and part of the country.

Yeah that was kind of the point I was trying to make. I think if Hop was still at SU, our odds would be slightly higher, but I still would have expected him to go further away from home. I think he really likes the coaching staff at SU (including when Hop was here), but the proximity factor was/is driving him away. Having Hop go elsewhere makes it easier for IS to play for him.

My thoughts exactly. I think he’s similar to another Rochester big man, Thomas Bryant, in that he wanted to get away from home. Here’s hoping I’m wrong though.

He’s been away from home

If he goes to UW for Hop, he sure as heck would have come to SU with Hop. There's gonna be some real winners on here, making themselves look pretty petty on Sunday evening. It's going be so weird to see our former coach, almost pg, and a NYS top 5 national recruit wear purple next year. Yeesh.
Might be going with Hop b/c he is not at SU. Never know

I think Chukwu's performance and the potential of having to beat out Paschal (should he return) might have scared him away. Marek's ability to take a charge also probably showed him there is no easy path to minutes here. Might be scared of the competition. Easier path to minutes at Wash, Duke, Kentucky or MSU

Cuse![/QUOTE

Cant...get...back...the...time...it...took...to...
read...that...!:mad::rolling:

He needs to shake up his staff if this happens. It's unacceptable for top talent to leave the state.

JB was willing to do this in the past (Orr), but I can't see him telling Gerry to go fishing. Honestly, can probably throw Griff into the mix as well. Red is the only assistant that has closed somewhat consistently on our plan As.

Except that can’t continue to be an excuse for not getting the job done. I don’t see too many Carolina studs wanting to get away from home. It’s just that - an excuse for not closing the deal. We’ve had too many excuses for too long to accept this ineptitude.
I agree 100% I have this same argument when it comes to football recruiting. Local kids want to go to the local schools they jave cheered for all their life UNLESS said school cant close the deal or another school is just better or more exposure etc etc.
But i also disagree on Thomas Bryant. I was told he was pretty much 90% to Syracuse but the Thursday before his final visit the NCAA garbage game out. His mother was freaked out and also admitted that played a key in his final decision after the fact as well. I have always felt that was a NCAA hit job on Syracuse and Jimmy B but thats a conversation for another thread

I've lived in Seattle most of my life so I'm not going to say it's not a great place. It is. There is no Dinosaur BBQ or Wegmans however. I'm simply stating facts. Come to your own conclusions.
No Wegmans or DBBQ, but much better coffee and beer lol

Spare me. Recruiting is suspect for a program of Syracuse's caliber. I'm not like other posters on this board that get excited over fringe four star recruits and last minute additions.
Maybe your opinion of our “caliber” doesn’t match the perception of the outside world or recruits. With that said we seem to snag 2 top 60 recruits almost every year, is that really not good enough for you?

Stewart went to Indiana for HS the past year and it was well known he may prefer not staying in NY for college. It might just be as simple as that. The fact that we’re even this close to getting him is surprising based on what we’ve heard the past year.

He needs to shake up his staff if this happens. It's unacceptable for top talent to leave the state.
oh, bs. we have never been in the driver's seat for isaiah. always an honorable mention.

jb & co have no problem retaining top flight upstate talent. the reigning nys player of the year - and likely 2 time poy - is a syracuse signee.

i'll be more worried if they don't close on andre jackson than when stewart inevitably goes elsewhere

This would be a huge letdown our lack of recruiting elite players is hurting us big time.

Last edited:
It’s just surprising he’s picking Washington over the others it’s almost laughable...Hopkins or not it’s friggin Washington
UW does currently have 6 guys in the NBA though. It is definitely a step down from the other programs historically speaking. Imagine what a guy like Hop could do if he was a few hours from NYC.

UW does currently have 6 guys in the NBA though. It is definitely a step down from the other programs historically speaking. Imagine what a guy like Hop could do if he was a few hours from NYC.

He isn’t though.

It’s just surprising he’s picking Washington over the others it’s almost laughable...Hopkins or not it’s friggin Washington
I’ve always thought Washington was a sleeping giant. Now with Hop they finally have a coach capable of waking it up. The UW b-ball program is the only basketball in one of the best cities in the country. Congrats to Hop - they’ll be a consistent Top 25 program soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.