Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also aren’t scouting or working for an NBA team who will draft him. Sure casual fans may not hear about him, but regardless if he plays at Michigan State or Washington, he will get the same attention from the NBA.

Yeah I’m not arguing scouts won’t find him, but he won’t get the attention that East coast players get.

2 years ago when UCLA played zona when UCLA had lonzo you didn’t watch. I watch a lot of basketball

It’s the time difference. I might see a weekend west coast game...might. No way am I watching a week night west coast game.

2 years ago when UCLA played zona when UCLA had lonzo you didn’t watch. I watch a lot of basketball
Pretty sure the pac 12 is looking for private equity partners. Might be a good investment .

I know we’re in it. I know UW is the fave. I’m thinking close to home for one year before NBA prevails. The cake forDads bday reflects the depth of a relationship most don’t get.
Hoping your right

99FF1333-13FC-4CCE-96EE-CB589ED5EE58.gif

I know we’re in it.
well, it would seem his mind is already made up, which is why he set the definitive date. so the only way we're "in" it is if we "are" it

i, for one, will be shocked if he puts on the orange cap

but i've been batting about .200 on my predictions this cycle

"Space may be the final frontier but it's made it a Hollywood basement..."

Even people who dont like this band or this genre of music could most likely appreciate the deep lyrics Anthony Keidis offers up in that song. As EPIC as the Duke win, in my not necessarily humble opinion. "And Alderon's not far away...it's Californication"

EDIT: after that song, Audioslave(Chris Cornell, Seattle came on autoplay...if it means anything)

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to think Hop has him, likely headed to Washington.

Impossible. I'm the one person on here who asked a question years ago, if Hop would ever land a Syracuse target. It was deemed "impossible", and each time it happened the standards became more strict. This one would have no excuses, and some of these people will never let me be right, so apparently it is completely impossible, my friend.

I’ve always thought Washington was a sleeping giant. Now with Hop they finally have a coach capable of waking it up. The UW b-ball program is the only basketball in one of the best cities in the country. Congrats to Hop - they’ll be a consistent Top 25 program soon.

I agree with Cobain. It was like a "good property" in Monopoly that just put a hotel on it when they got Hop. I think others have said so for a time now.

Well he could play in college. He's just turned into the basketball version of Steve Sax, Mackey Sasser, Chuck Knoblauch etc

Hey, I enjoyed Mackey behind the plate for the Mets...

Yes, I said Duke was our Super Bowl, but this may in fact be our Super Bowl, regardless of the outcome,

(btw, love your avatar, bro. A true talent, regardless of whatever else is said).

BTW, wasnt there talk of him being a Georgetown lock somewhere in this thread, or am I thinking of someone else?

This is reminding me a bit of the TT thread. Anyone else?

With HughescQuincy, Joe G, and a experienced Buddy we will have shooters everywhere freeing Stewart up to dominate in the paint one on one the way Zion just did us 1st half Monday night. I guess its just too much like right for Stewart to come to the hill. Its so frustrating being one player away

Impossible. I'm the one person on here who asked a question years ago, if Hop would ever land a Syracuse target. It was deemed "impossible", and each time it happened the standards became more strict. This one would have no excuses, and some of these people will never let me be right, so apparently it is completely impossible, my friend.
Honest question here though(not for arguments sake at all). Has he landed a guy that the relationship didn’t start when he was a Cuse coach?

And this isn’t for making excuses, we all know and have known Hops ability to recruit is top of the line.

This is crazy. Plenty of people knew the names Deandre Ayton, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson, and James Harden.

Also Markelle Fultz lol. The idea that nobody knew who the guy that was projected #1 almost the entire season is insane.

I'm hoping we are all shocked tomorrow in a good way...for some reason I feel like we pull this off. I hate guessing and all the chatter points to Washington but like some have said in this thread I think he decides to play a year of college ball close to home. One season close to Rochester so its easy for family/friends to watch and enjoy before he travels all over the country playing in the NBA. He will be great anywhere and his draft stock wont be any different wherever he goes. Duke offers the 5 star talent/exposure. MSU offers nothing more then any of the schools. Washington offers hop and his relationship with him and players on the team but its across the country. Kentucky isn't a player here. We are the only one that offers the access to his family and friends to be able to enjoy him playing in the best conference with the best fans and a chance to write his own story. No spotlight being shared with vernon Carey. Man it just makes too much sense. At least thats what I'm hoping hes thinking and how it plays out!

This is crazy. Plenty of people knew the names Deandre Ayton, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson, and James Harden.

Did people honestly not know who Fultz was? I guess you only know what you know and I just assumed he was a household name for people who watch basketball. He went to Dematha and was a top 5 recruit

I did not mean literally that no one heard of him vs. attempting to make the point that I don't believe he was a household type name, etc., especially with him being the #1 pick in the NBA draft. But, that's just my opinion. We, as college hoops fanatics, is not the equivalent of the average mainstream fan. Those people may watch basketball, Duke v. Carolina, Kentucky v. Louisville, etc., and then there are people (junkies like us) who watch basketball. :)

I hadn’t been following for a few months. Shocked when I saw this prediction. Always assumed it would come down to the blue bloods. Good for Hop, if it happens.

well, it would seem his mind is already made up, which is why he set the definitive date. so the only way we're "in" it is if we "are" it

i, for one, will be shocked if he puts on the orange cap

but i've been batting about .200 on my predictions this cycle
Yeah I would be too. But I think that’s more of our self loathing from recent misses

So, question here: Did something happen re: Hop or UW basketball in the past couple of weeks I don't know about that might have inspired IS to come around to a decision in recent days? Has UW gotten off to a hot start this season? Did they upset some big team recently? Just curious as to whether or not some event might have set a couple of gears in motion...

Status
Not open for further replies.