Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally an official mixtape on this youngin. Crazy how physically mature he looks as a freshman already compared to the rest of the comp. Much more advanced than Thomas Bryant at the same age. Let's hope this kid isn't dying to be away from his family like the other guy at Indiana.

Holy smokes! That back to the basket game looks very developed at such an early stage! Lots of moves and releases with good touch. Looks like he will have to develop that left hand a bit.

Holy smokes! That back to the basket game looks very developed at such an early stage! Lots of moves and releases with good touch. Looks like he will have to develop that left hand a bit.
Right on

Thomas Bryant was about the same height but didn't have the same type of strength at the same age. If Stewart can grow a few more inches over the years to become at least 6'9, then wowzers!

Might be a good idea to get this young man an offer Soon. There's a risk reward with every kid but at this age IF you could lock him up you do it.

Picked up his 2nd offer from Wake Forest yesterday.
Who was first to offer? Also, some of his teammates think he will stay 1 more year at McQuaid then go off to prep.

Who was first to offer? Also, some of his teammates think he will stay 1 more year at McQuaid then go off to prep.
Tennessee made the first offer. Smart move for him to eventually hit the prep level. Basically a man amongst boys in Section V. Needs to play against players his own size and bigger to be fully prepared for high level D1 ball.

Don't shoot the messenger here. My nephew is a history teacher and the cross country coach at McQuaid. The guys who Isaiah lives with is a big time Rochester lawyer and a Georgetown alum. He is pushing him hard to Gtown. Nephew said he would be shocked if he went any where but suckville.
:bang:

Don't shoot the messenger here. My nephew is a history teacher and the cross country coach at McQuaid. The guys who Isaiah lives with is a big time Rochester lawyer and a Georgetown alum. He is pushing him hard to Gtown. Nephew said he would be shocked if he went any where but suckville.

Not sure if he is living with him or not but I was under the impression the Red Wings team physician was the one pushing him to Georgetown since he was a former walk-on there.

Not sure if he is living with him or not but I was under the impression the Red Wings team physician was the one pushing him to Georgetown since he was a former walk-on there.
Heard he was a close family friend of Stewart's dad. Not sure if he's actually living with him as well.

Wish I knew who that lawyer is ... If he's that "big-time", hard to imagine he'd jaundice the kid like that to satisfy his own college loyalties. Going there would not only condemn the kid to a second-rate conference, it would make the kid disappear on the local sports radar. Very few GT fans in Rochester (a few lawyers, yes, but most of them are not rah rah about sports, thankfully).

Thats why its good that he's getting away and prepping. He will have plenty of time to realize Gtown is not what they use to be. Build relationships at his new school and that will allow him decide on a school he likes.

interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.