Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying. I don't want Stewart at Duke or Kentucky either. BUT, I still don't want to lose Stewart to UW. Losing him (if that happens) to a blue blood would certainly suck, but it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last time. But if we lose Stewart to a a west coast Pac12 team that's not considered elite by any stretch of the imagination, when he's an east coast guy, to our former assistant head coach... that would smart.

Can you actually lose something that you dont currently possess? Asking for a friend.

Do we really "possess" anything? I don't like playing symamantics. Maybe your friend can ask more directly himself?

OK, what I meant was...why do people consistently talk about Syracuse "losing" a recruit...when A, they haven't even "verbally" committed...or B, said recruits will not even realistically come to Syracuse.

Not directed right at you...this thought of mine is directly reflected from the many many posts I read about us "losing" recruits to schools certain posters feel are inferior to Syracuse. But thats a whole other debate.

OK, what I meant was...why do people consistently talk about Syracuse "losing" a recruit...when A, they haven't even "verbally" committed...or B, said recruits will not even realistically come to Syracuse.

Not directed right at you...this thought of mine is directly reflected from the many many posts I read about us "losing" recruits to schools certain posters feel are inferior to Syracuse. But thats a whole other debate.

Is it possible that your interpretation is wrong?

Why is it wrong to say one hopes we don't "lose" a recruit? Would it be better to say I hope he doesn't choose another program over us (especially one that is less prestigious or accomplished as SU)? Isn't that really kind of just symantics?

Also, if it's a concern when someone posts about not wanting to "lose" a recruit... than shouldn't it also be improper to say we might land a recruit? Because I've seen posters (not implying you) that make claims on a regular basis that they are confident about a particular recruit coming to SU only to have them be wrong. That seems kind of hypocritical to me?

Sparty just got a crystal ball prediction.

Better than UK, or Duke. Somewhere we won’t play him unless it’s in the tourney or ACC/B1G Challenge.

Is he even visiting Syracuse for an official visit?

No. He heard that Quincy, JGIII, Akokx2, Jones and Carrigan are all going elsewhere and decided it wouldn’t be cool to hang out with just JBA, JAB and GMAC so he cancelled.

Is he even visiting Syracuse for an official visit?
I remember seeing somewhere that he said he’d visit all of them. However that’s 6 schools. We’ll see.

I think Stewart has known the coaches long enough that we will at least get a "courtesy visit". So even if its a long shot, that still gives us a punchers chance...still better than zero chance I guess :)

It's tough to compete with "The Bag".

Mike Waters‏Verified account @MikeWatersSYR 6m6 minutes ago
More

Mike Waters Retweeted Andrew Slater

Kentucky was not among Isaiah Stewart’s final six, but he’s taking an official visit there.

I figured he was holding out for Kentucky. He mentioned that he would be interested in an article months ago. Good luck to him

Just once I’d like to hear a 5 star kid say he wants to beat Kentucky. Beat Duke. Not join forces and the do the most unoriginal move in the game. I understand wanting to play for K but not Calipari. Don’t understand the mindset anymore. The kid lives an hour down the road from Syracuse. Has a chance to play in front of his family and play for his family.. play for upstate NY.. play for Rochester. Put on for your city and state. Go in to Cameron and shut the place down. Play against Kentucky in a final 4 and dominate their 5 stars. Instead he’s most likely going to join the gang. I guess it’s the cool thing to do now a days. Just look at Kevin Durant.

Just once I’d like to hear a 5 star kid say he wants to beat Kentucky. Beat Duke. Not join forces and the do the most unoriginal move in the game. I understand wanting to play for K but not Calipari. Don’t understand the mindset anymore. The kid lives an hour down the road from Syracuse. Has a chance to play in front of his family and play for his family.. play for upstate NY.. play for Rochester. Put on for your city and state. Go in to Cameron and shut the place down. Play against Kentucky in a final 4 and dominate their 5 stars. Instead he’s most likely going to join the gang. I guess it’s the cool thing to do now a days. Just look at Kevin Durant.
He hasn't declared for anyone yet.

John Wallace. Guess Stewart hasn't heard his story.

the flaw in your argument is presuming that uk will make the final four next year

Status
Not open for further replies.