Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Why would a guy that got drafted 7th overall be used as a negative again?
Cuz his mom and him were pissed about marvin bagley coming on... even after he was drafted 7th.

but she also said that college basketball is slavery.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Why would a guy that got drafted 7th overall be used as a negative again?
K pitched him on being the main big and the offense being run through him and him being showcased. Then after he signed they had Bagley reclassify and sign so Carter and his family felt like K knew about that and purposely didn't tell them and manipulated them. I don't like K but to be honest Carter signed in November and Bagley didn't reclassify and sign until the next August I think. So there is a good chance he didn't know for sure at the time and felt there was no need to discuss the possibility. I think the main thing is it outlines K's history of telling kids one thing about their role and then doing something completely different. It's not just Carter.

K pitched him on being the main big and the offense being run through him and him being showcased. Then after he signed they had Bagley reclassify and sign so Carter and his family felt like K knew about that and purposely didn't tell them and manipulated them. I don't like K but to be honest Carter signed in November and Bagley didn't reclassify and sign until the next August I think. So there is a good chance he didn't know for sure at the time and felt there was no need to discuss the possibility. I think the main thing is it outlines K's history of telling kids one thing about their role and then doing something completely different. It's not just Carter.
Jordan Tucker says hi

Coach K is overrated.

Yeah he wins a lot but he SHOULD win a lot with Grant Hill, Laettner, Team USA, 1,2,3 top recruits in the country...etc

He's better than Cal who can barely get it done with 12 all-americans every year (only 1 NC for Cal @ kentucky is pathetic, imo...given that half the NBA played for him in college)...but give coach K a middle-of-the-road roster and he will be anonymous.

Coach K is overrated.

Yeah he wins a lot but he SHOULD win a lot with Grant Hill, Laettner, Team USA, 1,2,3 top recruits in the country...etc

He's better than Cal who can barely get it done with 12 all-americans every year (only 1 NC for Cal @ kentucky is pathetic, imo...given that half the NBA played for him in college)...but give coach K a middle-of-the-road roster and he will be anonymous.
For sure. Imagine if JB had 2-3 burger boys a year if not more. Would be fun times on the hill. JB always been one of the best of the best.

This is a 3 horse race.

Washington
MSU
Syracuse
I like it...u really think Duke is out tho? I wonder if what Carey decides impacts stews decision. Seems like hes not into sharing the spotlight with another 5 star big.

I like it...u really think Duke is out tho? I wonder if what Carey decides impacts stews decision. Seems like hes not into sharing the spotlight with another 5 star big.

Anything can happen, but yes I believe they're 4th right now.

I don't think Carey going or not going there matters either.

The fact that it's taken him this long to visit and he still isn't in a hurry to get there tells me a lot.

Coach K is overrated.

lol

So if Washington is in the final 3 because of Hopkins and Syracuse is in the final 3, then why were we not the shoe in pick when Hopkins was at Syracuse? Rather, it seems we were considered to be on the outside looking in until very recently.

Cause his mom and him were pissed about marvin bagley coming on... even after he was drafted 7th.

but she also said that college basketball is slavery.

That whole thing was a pretty pathetic attitude. I wish there was more money in some of these individual sports so people of that type of mindset would pursue those sports instead.

How do you go to play for Duke, have a good season, get drafted high to the NBA and be mad about it all because somebody else’s kid got to shoot more? Clown.

That whole thing was a pretty pathetic attitude. I wish there was more money in some of these individual sports so people of that type of mindset would pursue those sports instead.

How do you go to play for Duke, have a good season, get drafted high to the NBA and be mad about it all because somebody else’s kid got to shoot more? Clown.
I don't disagree. But I hope for some asinine reason Isaiah doesn't want to play with vernon Carey

Unless the real issue is she found out how much the other players got paid to go there and her son may not have gotten anything. It would completely explain all her statements if shefound out the other bigtime freshman got Zion Williamson money and your kid didn't ask and thus wasn't offered any $$.

So if Washington is in the final 3 because of Hopkins and Syracuse is in the final 3, then why were we not the shoe in pick when Hopkins was at Syracuse? Rather, it seems we were considered to be on the outside looking in until very recently.
Hop left a year and a half ago. So I don't know that it's fair to draw a lot of conclusions there. It's not like he just left. Also the thing about UW is that it is a beautiful campus and real well respected academic school in the middle of a great city on the water. Someone I know at UW told me that he was told the visit went really well because it was less about Hop who Stewart already likes and thinks is a good coach and more about the university and if he liked it because he had never been and it was a long distance. He probably talked to Hameir and Naz and they talked it up and I know he went to a football game and the stadium is like 3 years old and is a horse shoe with the view out the back being Lake Washington. They actually bill it as the greatest setting in college football. I'm not sure if that is true but I think for someone coming their the first time it probably leaves an impression.

husky-stadium.jpeg

For what it is worth I went to the game he was at wearing all cuse gear in the hopes of running into him and whoever was showing him around. A year ago I saw Hop outside the stadium and we were talking and he said why do you come to a husky game decked out in Cuse gear like this. I'm scared you are going to high jack one of my recruiting visits. We both laughed.

For sure. Imagine if JB had 2-3 burger boys a year if not more. Would be fun times on the hill. JB always been one of the best of the best.
Recruiting good players is part of the equation. K has always out recruited JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.