Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is it takes is 5 minutes to watch a video of JBA to realize he’s a lot more skilled than Chino ever was. My god.
I think everybody in the world knows that. I think the point is that Chino was a much much much higher regarded and recruited high school player even before JBA minor injury this past summer. If Chino was regarded as a project though higher regarded why the heck is it blasphemy to say JBA is a project lol. I still haven't heard a cogent reason why lol. People say JBA is a better offensive player than Keita was. I guess they didn't watch Keita at Oak Hill. I did!!!!! Of course JUST LIKE i think with JBA it didnt translate to Syracuse. For the 44th time i hope I'm wrong about JBA but i just dont see it. I do see a nice jump shot from 3 ( not like Lydon Taurean and definitely not Channing Frye) but after 3 years on the Syracuse bench practicing witg Gmac you never know.

Except one of those guys was getting offensive rebounds and dunking all over the place while dominating on defense and the other guy is standing at 3 point line on offense and getting pushed around the paint when on defense. But thats only if you actually watch the high school games and not these kids highlight tapes

Is Stewart waiting to see who leaves from UK and Duke putting his decision off to spring? I hate that. I don't think there's much chance he chooses us. Seems like he wants to go away and to a "brand" name.

Except one of those guys was getting offensive rebounds and dunking all over the place while dominating on defense and the other guy is standing at 3 point line on offense and getting pushed around the paint when on defense. But thats only if you actually watch the high school games and not these kids highlight tapes
Hang on, wait a minute here - are you really a general?

I like JBA as a developmental big but I don't think the idea is he will be a starter or playing big minutes until he is a jr/sr
Anything less than 4 stars is generally a water schollie unless we’re content to be a bubble team forever.

I think everybody in the world knows that. I think the point is that Chino was a much much much higher regarded and recruited high school player even before JBA minor injury this past summer. If Chino was regarded as a project though higher regarded why the heck is it blasphemy to say JBA is a project lol. I still haven't heard a cogent reason why lol. People say JBA is a better offensive player than Keita was. I guess they didn't watch Keita at Oak Hill. I did!!!!! Of course JUST LIKE i think with JBA it didnt translate to Syracuse. For the 44th time i hope I'm wrong about JBA but i just dont see it. I do see a nice jump shot from 3 ( not like Lydon Taurean and definitely not Channing Frye) but after 3 years on the Syracuse bench practicing witg Gmac you never know.

Griff works with the centers. During this time period, GMac recharges his robot parts because he apparently works with every position group, coordinates managers, recruits of every prospects, books team flights and whatever other responsibility this fan base has incorrectly thrown on him.

Last edited:
Griff works with the centers. During this time period, GMac recharges his robot parts because he apparently works with every position group, coordinates managers, recruits of every prospects, books team flights and whatever other responsibility this fan base has incorrectly thrown on him.

Pretty sure GMAC is also responsible for sewing the names on Away Jerseys and special edition retired jerseys.

An interesting point Girard made was that SU had a coach on the staff that played guard and he identified with that. Is it possible that Stewart may feel the same way and see there are no ex Center/Forward coaches on the staff and that be part of his decision?

Could be or it could be anything like SU doesn’t have an inside scoring threat and the point guards don’t run plays for the big men?

Regarding a big man coach,do you think that maybe Karl Malone would accept a volunteer coaching position? Actually, Bernie Fine and Mike Hopkins were the last two big men coaches we had and neither really had real-life experience in that area. Both did really well in that role.

An interesting point Girard made was that SU had a coach on the staff that played guard and he identified with that. Is it possible that Stewart may feel the same way and see there are no ex Center/Forward coaches on the staff and that be part of his decision?
I always wondered the same thing. I always felt it was weird that we had Hop working with big men. Nothing like learning big man post moves from a 3pt shooting guard. Etan or even Rickey Jackson might make good coaches

Could be or it could be anything like SU doesn’t have an inside scoring threat and the point guards don’t run plays for the big men?

Regarding a big man coach,do you think that maybe Karl Malone would accept a volunteer coaching position? Actually, Bernie Fine and Mike Hopkins were the last two big men coaches we had and neither really had real-life experience in that area. Both did really well in that role.
Sometimes our guards seem like they are told not to throw it in. A couple times vs UCONN PC and even Sidibe had a smaller guy on them perfect position and our guards simply looked then passed to somebody else on the perimeter to jack up a 3. Weird

I will play along. What is your baseline analysis of JBA? What do you feel are his strengths and weaknesses? What current or past players do you think he is similar to and why?

What thread is this anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.