Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I probably shouldn't have questioned it. The only reason I did was because I know that Hop was the point person on this one.

Right. Oh well.

it's not like we have two friends of his on the team. Or that we are the local school. This is one where in his younger days, JB would have been all over.
He’s too busy going to his kids basketball games on Fridays and Saturdays instead of being out recruiting. He’s just going through the motions. To compare our talent to the other better ACC teams is laughable.

Loyalty is great but reality and the truth of what's really happening is another. I'm tired of being a lifelong fan of JB and SU, to see what is going on and pretend I am blind! James Arthur Boeheim is a legend hate him or love him but his time is up! SU needs a change and it's a shame Mike Hopkins isn't that guy, not because of Stewart but because of Mike's character, kids actually like him and will play hard for him! JB keeps saying "We are what we are" well he is the head coach and they've been like this for too long!

Didn’t Isaiah tweet pretty much the same thing when Girard committed to us? I’m not expecting him to come here but I’m not reading too much into that tweet.
yes he did. no big deal

Cuse!

My mouth is watering over here in anticipation of the piping H0T Takes coming should IS commit to Hop.

I'm almost rooting for it. (Yes, I'm prepared for the fairweather fan accusations I'm inviting right now.) But really, if the kid wants to go there, he'll go there. It's probably not a huge loss; Syracuse doesn't use its centers so he'd be a 5 and 5 type of guy as a freshman at SU anyway. Might as well give Mike a boost while also chuckling at the absurdity of the situation.

I'm almost rooting for it. (Yes, I'm prepared for the fairweather fan accusations I'm inviting right now.) But really, if the kid wants to go there, he'll go there. It's probably not a huge loss; Syracuse doesn't use its centers so he'd be a 5 and 5 type of guy as a freshman at SU anyway. Might as well give Mike a boost while also chuckling at the absurdity of the situation.

I mean, he’s not coming here and if certainly prefer him in Seattle over our conference.

Kind of an interesting “what if,” experiment that we can analyze from afar. Our almost coach, almost PG, and a local 5 star big playing the 2-3 together, but not at our school. Gonna be a fascinating watch!

If you are a big time C prospect why would you come here? Most guys dont want to just play defense and rebound, and be completely ignored on offense.

My mouth is watering over here in anticipation of the piping H0T Takes coming should IS commit to Hop.

I may sit and watch, my UB takes already rattled enough cages

If you are a big time C prospect why would you come here? Most guys dont want to just play defense and rebound, and be completely ignored on offense.

This is a popular take here, but IMO it's not accurate. The 5s are not "completely ignored on offense" because that is what we do. Our 5s are just not skilled and strong enough to post up, maintain position, catch, and then have the footwork and touch to finish. Similar reasons as to why they are not looked to on the pick-and-roll (other than poor execution). They have to have the space to catch and go right up without a dribble or footwork execution. Otherwise, they just can't seem to finish.

Bring in a 5 with size, strength, and skill set and they will be a big part of the offense (Sr. Christmas, Arinize, Jackson).

Status
Not open for further replies.