Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lived in Seattle most of my life so I'm not going to say it's not a great place. It is. There is no Dinosaur BBQ or Wegmans however. I'm simply stating facts. Come to your own conclusions.

I've lived in Seattle most of my life so I'm not going to say it's not a great place. It is. There is no Dinosaur BBQ or Wegmans however. I'm simply stating facts. Come to your own conclusions.

Everything that I've heard says Seattle is a great city. I actually was there many years ago. It's better now than it was then, and it was good then.

I think we will know within the next few weeks, possibly even next week. My guess is UW, but I'm bias. Doubt we (UW) will land McDaniels though. If we land both, Hop could take this team to the final four.
I don't agree regarding McDaniels. I think Hop has a really good chance and I don't see him as the type of kid that buys into the Paypal thing. He announced his top 5 with little fan fare and doesn't seem like a look at me kid. I think he is the type of kid that would want to stay close to home. I'm hoping Stewart picks Cuse and McDaniels picks Washington. Then everyone is happy and no one goes to UK or Puke.

It would sting more if Hop steals him because he was the future of the program.
I would prefer to not play against him. Also the more success Hop has the better it is for Syracuse. Nationally he is still linked to us and is introduced as UW head coach and long time Syracuse assistant. Even if you don’t want to root for him which in itself is strange to me you should root for him for our brand

I would prefer to not play against him. Also the more success Hop has the better it is for Syracuse. Nationally he is still linked to us and is introduced as UW head coach and long time Syracuse assistant. Even if you don’t want to root for him which in itself is strange to me you should root for him for our brand

It really doesn't help our brand that much, if hop succeeds. Thats an overstatement. It really doesnt hurt our brand either, if he does poorly.

With that being said, he'll forever be an orangemen and is clearly a good guy, so those are reasons to root for him.

Maybe even more importantly, if he does well enough, then maybe he can be our next coach. If he doesnt do well at uw, i doubt wed hire him.

Last edited:
Guys, I don't think it's necessary to be so hostile to the Husky fan. If Stewart goes to Washington, he goes to Washington. If Stewart goes to Cuse, he goes to Cuse. No amount of defensive posturing is going to change that

Guys, I don't think it's necessary to be so hostile to the Husky fan. If Stewart goes to Washington, he goes to Washington. If Stewart goes to Cuse, he goes to Cuse. No amount of defensive posturing is going to change that
Yes. There is nothing wrong with being naive and a dreamer. Keep being you, HuskyHooper! If Stewart doesn't come to Syracuse, where he would win a NC and enjoy quality chicken riggies, the incredible life of an SU hoops superstar, and a run to a NC, I hope he goes to UW.
Hop is a good guy and I hear the coffee is top notch.

Last edited:
I agree. UW is probably the team that I root for when I'm not rooting for SU. Not just because of Hop, but because his success looks good on Boeheim and SU in general. If Capel kills it at Pitt, it makes Coach K look good.

Who is being hostile? Every now and then we see fans from other boards come over to find information about what we are talking about. It’s no different than if he or she were wearing Husky outfit at a Syracuse game or vice versa.

It really doesn't help our brand that much, if hop succeeds. Thats an overstatement. It really doesnt hurt our brand either, if he does poorly.

With that being said, he'll forever be an orangemen and is clearly a good guy, so those are reasons to root for him.

Maybe even more importantly, if he does well enough, then maybe he can be our next coach. If he doesnt do well at uw, i doubt wed hire him.
It does impact our brand. He talks about what he is doing as Syracuse West. That is how he pitches it to recruits and what he says. When he does interviews he talks about wanting to bring UW to being an elite program and uses Syracuse as the example. I would agree with you if he had been an assistant for like 6 years or something but the fact he was here for so long and now is having success makes it look like we know what we are doing. If UW makes the tournament this year the people on ESPN will say, "two years after leaving Syracuse as the head coach in waiting Mike Hopkins has moved UW from a 9 win team to a tournament team was named Pac 12 coach of the year last year. That will be in the intro.

Announcing Sunday at halftime of his game. Everything I’ve heard is UW but with him ya never know. Coming to an end at least
I said 20 pages ago that our only shot would be is if he announced his decision in Rochester. I guess upstate NY and his friends and family is not important in his decision. So be it but at least we can move to plan B and it's still January.

Even if you don’t want to root for him which in itself is strange to me you should root for him for our brand
I do want Hop to succeed, but not when it comes at our expense! We need a guy like Stewart to restore excitement in this program. The win at duke may put us on the right side of the bubble (for now), but I want to be genuinely excited about this program and not hoping we can squeeze into the dance every year.

Hop is the white whale that got away. If he left without controversy and that JB had no part in that then I think there would be no issues here.

So yeah, I'll be GD po'd if Stewart goes to Washington, on the other side of the world, to play in the weak PAC12 where nobody watches your games on TV. Says a lot about Hop's pull and I get sick thinking about how effective he might have been if he had the keys to the program.

Everything points to Washington but lets see. Evan Daniels is usually spot on, and doesn't crystal ball until he knows right before Stewart will announce. Daniels predicted him to UW yesterday, just happens a day later Stewart announces he will make decision this Sunday.

Everything points to Washington but lets see. Evan Daniels is usually spot on, and doesn't crystal ball until he knows right before Stewart will announce. Daniels predicted him to UW yesterday, just happens a day later Stewart announces he will make decision this Sunday.

All signs seem to point in this direction, yes. And I agree with you on Evans' typical strategy.

Isn't it a prerequisite here to be hostile to all Husky fans? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.