Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayugacuse

2nd String
I just walked in the door after work and caught the tail end of the 6:00 pm local news on the Rochester channel 13. The sportscast included a clip of a kid from Mcquaid grabbing a rebound and going coast to coast and flushing it. They said he was a freshman and he was a total beast but I didn't catch the kids name. He looked way more mature and reminded me of Malachi Richardson. Anybody know who this kid is?

cayugacuse said:
I just walked in the door after work and caught the tail end of the 6:00 pm local news on the Rochester channel 13. The sportscast included a clip of a kid from Mcquaid grabbing a rebound and going coast to coast and flushing it. They said he was a freshman and he was a total beast but I didn't catch the kids name. He looked way more mature and reminded me of Malachi Richardson. Anybody know who this kid is?

Isaiah Stewart.

cayugacuse said:
Thanks Bees...we will be hearing more from this young man. Very talented!

I've never seen him play but heard he's about 6'6 and 200+ as a freshman.

Last edited:
He went for 42 Pts and 16 Rebs Last night!
1.jpg

Last edited:
Isaiah was highly pursued by many Rochester city schools. This kid was playing modified basketball last year at a K-8th grade school. He would score 30-35 points on average. Dunking every chance he got. McQuaid was able to offer him a private school education so he went there. Great basketball tradition there. Ive seen him play 4 times now. He is not as smooth handling the ball as you think. He is a great low post player already. He has tremendous strength and positions his body close to basket very well. He is going to be another special player that comes out of Rochester.

Last edited:
Isaiah was highly pursued by many Rochester city schools. This kid was playing modified basketball last year at a K-8th grade school. He would score 30-35 points on average. Dunking every chance he got. McQuaid was able to offer him a private school education so he went there. Great basketball tradition there. Ive seen him player 4 times now. He is not as smooth handling the ball as you think. He is a great low post player already. He has tremendous strength and positions his body close to basket very well. He is going to be another special player that comes out of Rochester.
Yessir he is worth checking out in person-he's gonna be a great player

I have really been slacking on going to see this kid play. The BK game last friday was probably the one to go to. I definitely intend to see him play once or twice before the season ends, at Blue Cross for sectionals if nothing else. The game vs Aquinas to end the season I may try and make also, looks like they lost ti them earlier in the season. I was trying to check and see where espn and rivals have him but looks like they only go back as far as the sophomores. Have to imagine he will be way up there.

Kid's a stud. Hope you're all sitting down, though: a buddy close to the scene tells me Isaiah's a (gulp) Georgetown fan.

Please Class of 2019 a freshmen. Wake me up when he's a Junior. Then check back on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.