Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he said he won’t cut his list anymore before he commits. And when they talked about cuse they talked about his friend manny and JG3. He has a group chat with duke commits and Kentucky commits. Commiting soon.

Nice, i went back and watched after i posted. Hard to read too much into it. Lots of good questions though. Two other tidbits i picked up were he called jg the best shooter in america (obviously meant for his age) and that jaren jacksons dad is his coach. Might be a reason for a lot of the msu chatter.

Also, he still includes uk in his list but i also thought he said he was down to 4 schools, which would exclude uk. I think that was a bit of a slip.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't go to MSU or Duke. UW? Who have they produced?
Spencer Hawes.
If I were Bill Walton I would say Detlef Schrempf who was Walton’s favorite player when he did NBA games.

Hope there is a chance. This team needs a player like him if we’re going to do any serious damage in the tournament offensively and not just rely on that the Zone can flummox/hold down unfamiliar teams.

guerrier also had something on his timeline relating to stewarts livecast, so it appears cuse players still recruiting him. that being said, i think he will go to duke. i think msu rumors are noise due to his hs coach.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't go to MSU or Duke. UW? Who have they produced?

Relationships matter and he’s been close with Hop the entire time so that’s why a lot of people believe he will go there.

I’ll say this. If Hop was still at Syracuse this would already be over.

Yeah, he said he won’t cut his list anymore before he commits. And when they talked about cuse they talked about his friend manny and JG3. He has a group chat with duke commits and Kentucky commits. Commiting soon.
I think the only way we have a chance is if he makes his announcement at home. His friends and family would go nuts if he stayed in upstate NY.

I can’t wait until this is over. He has everyone in his ear, he probably gets a couple hundred texts a day.

I reckon he is getting more than just texts from those in his ear. BTW, that's an indictment of the corrupt system, not him.

Tough to think we are really in this after reading that article. I concur with those above that it’s time for this to be over. Just hope it’s not Duke. Literally anywhere else, even Kentucky.

Tough to think we are really in this after reading that article. I concur with those above that it’s time for this to be over. Just hope it’s not Duke. Literally anywhere else, even Kentucky.
Meh -- he wrote this off of the interview - no real new insight -- I wouldn;t read to much into him since he likes to get Kentucky and Duke into his headlines -- I suspect it is SEO friendly for his site.

Meh -- he wrote this off of the interview - no real new insight -- I wouldn;t read to much into him since he likes to get Kentucky and Duke into his headlines -- I suspect it is SEO friendly for his site.
It was more his mentioning the players on each team, how he referred to them, "my bro," " I've known him forever," and then how he spoke about JG. Who knows, but I read it as his interest is stronger elsewhere. That said, you are correct as Zags is a huge UK and Duke homer.

I dislike the last answer about having a relationship with assistants/head coaches...knowing how jb recruits and how involved his assistants are versus how involved he is probably doesnt bode well for us. If not us then hopefully hop lands him.

JB is close to Stewart based on all the time he watched the City Rocks team play. He had free access for a couple of years.
I get that...but JB isnt a texter/caller and his assistants do a TON of the leg work. I bet Hop is in constant contact with Stewart as much as possible where JB isnt. That answer he gave about having a strong relationship with the headcoach and not just the assistants to me screams Syracuse/JB. I havent thought he was coming here for a long time anyways so it wont be shocking to me when he makes his decision. (Unless he picks us then I'll be shocked!)

I think he wants to be the man, so to me it comes down to Wash, Mich St and us imo at duke or Kentucky he won’t get the ball nearly as much imo!!!!

I will say that I did like his answer about cuse and coming in and being the man like melo. He mentioned how we have no bigs right now so he knows our situation and knows he can come in and be the focal point. Maybe we get lucky here but my gut says it's not us.

Who cares at this point...Stewart should have a really good idea of where he is going. Boeheim has worked hard for him showed enough love and all that crap. Hopkins to me idk I have different feelings about it. Good luck to him

Status
Not open for further replies.