Class of 2020 - PF Jamari Sibley (WI / Oak Hill) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Jamari Sibley (WI / Oak Hill)

wonder why wisconsin isn't at the top of the list

Jamari has zero interest in the Wisconsin program. He rejected camping there and then went to UWM & UWGB the next two weeks. If Sibley stays in state I'd say Marquette, but he sounds like he will go elsewhere (out of state).

I've had the opportunity to see Sibley play a few times. I'm surprised by the offer for several reasons. First, we don't ever recruit Wisconsin players. Second, I'm not very impressed with Sibley. He's shot needs a lot of work, he doesn't play with a motor and his handle is average.
Sounds just like a SU player. Does he miss foul shots too?

Jamari had a solid weekend in Atlanta. I caught parts of a couple of his games. There are no stats listed for Phenom University's first game. Over their final 3 games in ATL he averaged 9 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists. Shot 59% from the field and 2 for 3 from deep.

...has to be good for us right?

Video shows some offensive skills that can be improved upon (for example, he brings the ball down almost every time It is passed down low to him). Question remains how he plays against players closer to his height rather than the junior varsity sized players he is shown playing in this video. I see that he can dunk when there is almost no defense playing against him.

Need to see him as he matures. Probably won’t see him in a SU uniform with the likes of Samir, Addison, and others ahead of him for the ?two open? scholarships that may be available in 2020.
Serious question: Who at SU has ever stopped bringing the ball down?