Class of 2023 PF Joseph Estrella (ME) Offered

Cuse Countr

Scout Team
If you are basing it upon that, he won't. In all these videos he looks like he will be a decent player but also looks very deliberate to put it nicely. That may change as he grows into his body but he will have a tough time against quicker players at least from what I am seeing on what is posted.
Can't judge someone who still has 2 years to develop. Some of these guys don't even get recognition until the end of their senior year

tee1222

2nd String
I think this kid is a basketBALLER. Oozes potential and no disrespect to anyone, but based on what clips you see posted in this thread and the staff's track record for finding hidden gems before they blew up (see MCW, Kadary, Lydon, the Budster and a slew of others), not sure how anyone would see bust in this kid. Just my opinion.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Pretty boring take but I'll bite. What about the last five years has caused this blind loyalty?
You are confusing talent evaluation (and I will take the SU staff against anyone) with the ability to land the recruits they rate the highest. They don’t get their choice of players.
The lack of ability to land the guys they rate the highest is the biggest issue with SU basketball, and that’s pretty much it.

CDNCuse

Walk On
You are confusing talent evaluation (and I will take the SU staff against anyone) with the ability to land the recruits they rate the highest. They don’t get their choice of players.
The lack of ability to land the guys they rate the highest is the biggest issue with SU basketball, and that’s pretty much it.
My original point that started this was questioning whether the kid looked slow afoot in the videos that have been posted. Whether he can become quicker, only time will tell. I don't claim to be an expert and I hope he proves me wrong and comes to Syracuse and becomes a star.

I certainly can't argue your point though since I am not privy to what the coaching staff's big board is. If you are correct in your assertion and they are identifying the talent first, the staff aren't getting the steak knives let alone the Cadillac Eldorado for the ABC.

Top Bottom