Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's a gut feeling beyond watching his tape but looking at this list and how he plays he looks exactly like the type of kid who is a handful playing exactly these teams we are competing with.

Match about to drop on the gas-soaked dumpster the JJ thread is turning into, meanwhile we're apparently about to land a guy that half the forum thinks we shouldn't waste the scholly on. Lol. Fun day to be a Cuse fan.

For the record, if the coaches think he's good enough to be offered, I'm all for bringing Brown into the fold.

Match about to drop on the gas-soaked dumpster the JJ thread is turning into, meanwhile we're apparently about to land a guy that half the forum thinks we shouldn't waste the scholly on. Lol. Fun day to be a Cuse fan.

For the record, if the coaches think he's good enough to be offered, I'm all for bringing Brown into the fold.
Well said, my friend.

Yup. Next man up.

This kid is perfect for Virginia Techs system more than ours. If we played man to man I might have a different opinion.

I like Maliq a lot... more than others apparently do. He's smart, plays great defense, and seems to be pretty strong under the basket. He's not a supreme athlete, but we've had tons of players excel for us that were not elite athletically. Shumpert, Buddy, Moten, come to mind. Skill, effort, and IQ can compensate at the collegiate level.

I also think he's likely to be another program guy. In today's game I think a team of 3-4 star guys if they've played with each other for 3-4 years can often beat the teams like Duke and UK in the tournament. Chemistry and experience matter. I love the class we're putting together this year. JT, Cope, Carey, Brown and Bunch is quite a nice class if that's what it ends up being.

Choose the 'Cuse Maliq!!!

I like Maliq a lot... more than others apparently do. He's smart, plays great defense, and seems to be pretty strong under the basket. He's not a supreme athlete, but we've had tons of players excel for us that were not elite athletically. Shumpert, Buddy, Moten, come to mind. Skill, effort, and IQ can compensate at the collegiate level.

I also think he's likely to be another program guy. In today's game I think a team of 3-4 star guys if they've played with each other for 3-4 years can often beat the teams like Duke and UK in the tournament. Chemistry and experience matter. I love the class we're putting together this year. JT, Cope, Carey, Brown and Bunch is quite a nice class if that's what it ends up being.

Choose the 'Cuse Maliq!!!
This is all good but with the way college athletics is now, its hard to envision anyone being a "program guy" anymore...the reality is that our staff needs to recruit every year like they will lose players...too easy to transfer out now if someone like Maliq sits for a season and thinks there's opportunity elsewhere. Tough business to be in now a days.

This is all good but with the way college athletics is now, its hard to envision anyone being a "program guy" anymore...the reality is that our staff needs to recruit every year like they will lose players...too easy to transfer out now if someone like Maliq sits for a season and thinks there's opportunity elsewhere. Tough business to be in now a days.
That means you need to recruit five star players every year and that’s not going to happen.

That means you need to recruit five star players every year and that’s not going to happen.
Naw I'm just saying that I wouldn't ever count on anyone being program guys anymore. Too easy to pick up and go somewhere else when your not happy. I like Maliq and I agree, he's definitely a program type player...but its trying to keep kids like him happy enough to stick around now.

I for one spent the last 2 NCAA tournaments wondering why we couldn’t pick up a hefty big like you see from some of the mid majors. No more beanpoles, please. I like this kid as a 3 yr player who ends up doing all the necessary grunt work, earning us a pivotal win in the Dance.

Last edited:
Hope he's great. What we all want. But can't help but bring up the fact that a year ago the board was talking about a top 5 class, maybe the best class in Boeheim's career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom